Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "out of range" - yea right...

"out of range" - yea right...

I'm taking it everyone here experienced this scenario:

You're chasing some ranged prof in PvP (or even a mob that the tank lost aggro off of) and trying to use any melee special atack/perk them:

Target is outside range.
    The target is outside special attack range!
    Target is outside range.
    Target is outside range.

"amazingly" this happens when you're standing >>> right on the target mob/player <<< or even outrunning him to try to compensate the lag/sync/whatever issues AO has...

I mean... even FPS shooter found fixes to that with antilag mods and whatnot, making it so if a player is seen on MY screen is standing next to me, no matter how screwed up the server sync is - IF I see it (the target whatever it might be), IF I aim right on it, IF I fire at it,it WILL get hit, UNLESS it moves out of the bullets way - or in AOs case if I throw a punch or swing a sword on something within range, it'd do the usual evade check and not throw me that bull**** error !

now, Soldiers alpha killing us with every special attack ingame combined and Crats stunning us through the 100% unstunnable that we have, or the damn "turn around" bug that makes us run right into the barrel of our fighting target instead of letting us run away and heal up...
    I find that this "out of range" is damaging us more then anything else, since it's kill or be killed, and we're not even getting to attack the ranged profs with all the "/follow slowdown feature"/lag/sync/whatnot problems.

So please FC, fix it !

And all you melee profs demand it from them, because if we don't mass request it we'll just get ignored (where's our MA professionals btw?).

bump (and, if you can, make suggestions) this "out of range" request taken care of :
    ANTILAG
    remove the slowdown effect from running
    ( not really the same topic but still related: fix the "not in combat mode" on MA atacks )

Bump for all the mp's bragging about killing me in BS because of that crap.
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)
    Shibasama (lvl 5 with Feeble Gladiatorbot & Red Line)
    Achiever 66.67%, Killer 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Socializer 46.67%

happened twice in 1 BS today. standing right on top of a fixer at a cap point, just error after error while the fixer capped away, could not do a thing about it. I reset attack 2-3 times, no change, ran around the block, no change. this ended after someone else came around the corner to kill the fix, and probably wondered wtf I was doing just standing there, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    making it so if a player is seen on MY screen is standing next to me, no matter how screwed up the server sync is - IF I see it (the target whatever it might be), IF I aim right on it, IF I fire at it,it WILL get hit
    First of all, AO is older then current FPS systems.
    Second, implementing such a method would require an overhaul of the game.
    Third, the second probably won't happen as FC's "headquarters" has moved to Silleron's Basement when he took over as Game Director.
    Fourth. Such an implementation would RUIN ao; here's why:

say I'm fighting you in PvP, my SHADE vs. ANY character you have; I will win every single time. Why? all I have to do is press the "suspend" button on my router as soon as you're in my melee range. The "suspend" button keeps the router powered up, but it won't transmit or receive any data. this will give me time to mash as many buttons as I want before pressing my router's button again to send the data and ultimately kill you before you can get your second hit on me.
    Shade's may not have evades and may suck in PvP at this time, but with the above method, it could own all.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    First of all, AO is older then current FPS systems.
    Second, implementing such a method would require an overhaul of the game.
    Third, the second probably won't happen as FC's "headquarters" has moved to Silleron's Basement when he took over as Game Director.
    Fourth. Such an implementation would RUIN ao; here's why:

say I'm fighting you in PvP, my SHADE vs. ANY character you have; I will win every single time. Why? all I have to do is press the "suspend" button on my router as soon as you're in my melee range. The "suspend" button keeps the router powered up, but it won't transmit or receive any data. this will give me time to mash as many buttons as I want before pressing my router's button again to send the data and ultimately kill you before you can get your second hit on me.
    Shade's may not have evades and may suck in PvP at this time, but with the above method, it could own all.
    you would only be able to get impale off the check of the nano running on target is done by the server not the client, also dont think that would work anyways... ever tryed ganking someone or a mob while the servers are really lag? all you get is Must wait until previous action is finished.

ma's think they have it bad, try shade :P
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

lol you guys got klod agg.. good luck not going crazy and shooting yourself after you have to deal with his crap

ya thats a sad case us MAs and lotsa melee profs have to endure. almost killing someone then seeing him/her run away and u can land the final blow hurts like hell to our profs, id really like a workaround solution to this as lag issues cant be possibly solved.
    on a side note, seems FC is moving servers, hopefully they get a better server setup and reduce these issues from occuring in PVP.
    Hope for the best
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

i cant remember what patch it was 16.2 or 16.4 they changed some sync issues and it worked great hackers were not bugging pvping it was gr8 ppl were in the right place ect. but guess what! next patch nerfed that **** right back to were it was before :*( hopefully the new servers will be kickass and ill be able to pvp much better in stead of

Attacking doctor....
    You hit doctor 3400 points of sneak attack damage.
    You Must be behind target.
    Target is outside range.
    Target is outside range.
    Target is outside range.
    Target is outside range.
    Target is outside range.
    Target is outside range.
    ... and so on....
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

can imagine its hard to use shade perk chains atm... (in pvp)
    Last edited by Jaroba; Jul 9th, 2007 at 12:47:12.
    woofwoof!

I dont pvp much but when I do this makes me go crazy..

And I dont want it fixed only on behalf of MAs but for all melee profs.
    I also feel sorry for the shades that I get the impression are worse of than we are.
    Sleincour 220/30/70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Patientis 220/28 Solitus Doctor
    Ingha 220/30 Solitus Bureaucrat
    Zizzla 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist
    Grobian 142/12 Atrox Enforcer
    Svengoran 127/15 Atrox Soldier
    Illxlll 102/10 Nanomage Nanotechnician
    Psicharpax 100/6 Nanomage Metaphysicist
    Sleina 100/7 Opifex Fixer

Veteran of the Scandinavian RK1 clan guild ..:Nordic Alliance:..

Quote Originally Posted by Sleincour View Post
    I dont pvp much but when I do this makes me go crazy..

And I dont want it fixed only on behalf of MAs but for all melee profs.
    I've posted a link to this thread on Enf/Keep/Shade/Adv forums too, as my point, on the 'out of range' was melee from start, not just MAs.

having pvp'ed with a MA and a shade who both rely on stun's to keep their target still, i can say this made me mess up a ton of ganks.(i have to say it really ****ed me on my shade)

i really enjoy when the target just slides on over 10 meters infront of me after i see the stun animation appear, by the time i get to the target the stun is gone and the kiting/running/afkevacing/NTinstakilling starts(refering to my target ofc ).

This one makes me go berserk way to many times.
    In PvP I might say I am doomed from the start if the target is ranged.
    All I get is Target is out of range....
    And if I get lucky and the target stops...many times I still get target is out of ....and after a couple of secs I start kickin the dude....but usualy by that time some ranged player burts, FA and stuff and I am 50% HP...so, what can I say, just WTB this stuff fixed or somethin'

Bump for a fix. Took me half an hour to kill an engy in Bor because I couldn't perk him.

Deathfactory <3

Bump. wtb Fix, plz.

Don't pvp much but yeah, it is a pain. With evades being less effective, I feel useless on BS. No fun -> no ofab gear -> even less fun

I see this a lot in ground raids and sometimes at APF. Atm I'm pimping my low level ranged profs... Haven't done anything worthwhile with MA for a long time.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

nerf at MAs rolling ranged toons, how sad it has come to that, abandoning the best prof around for others cuz of game issues is sickening
    wtb the will to roll a ranged prof, or maybe retwink my MA to full Bow setup, probably that is doable with all the new ranged alb stuff and AI armor etc...
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

Working as intended.

Next patch. Removing melee professions from game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciggie View Post
    nerf at MAs rolling ranged toons, how sad it has come to that, abandoning the best prof around for others cuz of game issues is sickening
    wtb the will to roll a ranged prof, or maybe retwink my MA to full Bow setup, probably that is doable with all the new ranged alb stuff and AI armor etc...
    I have thought about redoing symbs/imps and go bow, but I need a few CSS parts first. Could work if we got decent bow. Any recommendations? Other than Voice of Thunder, Pow bow or Sapphistic. Physical init is a must btw, as I am not rdy to reset all my MA skills just yet...

On Topic: Hopefully new servers will reduce the problem with Out Of Range. Or FC won't have to patch MA's out to get rid of us.
    Last edited by Luziciona; Aug 9th, 2007 at 03:58:16. Reason: Spelling
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Going full bow setup would suck ass.. like bigtime.
    Chemical "Domman" Ecstasy - 22022 Martial Artist of Spartans.
    Humpage "Archsavior" Heals - 21815 Inherited Doctor
    Stupid "Domm02" Trox - 16422 Enforcer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast