Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MA concerns, requests and general wishlist

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist

OK fellow MAs, gathering some concerns, wishes and requests from you guys, here is the new thread to gather all of those, sizzle them and present on a dish to FC people to consider.
    So bear with me, please no out of context posts, only fix my mistakes and guide me if i deviate

Concerns, Requests and Wishes

0) The majority of the MA community would like to see a shorter recharge on our top heals. I would like to see a shorter recharge and a better heal per second nano. So far this is a no no, probably some new attack that heals, and a slight chance of a reconsideration. We received the New Team Heal, but the reqs are insane.

1) Out of range: this issue has been discussed over and over, yet no reply from FC. Probably a server problem, so far servers been laggy and so on, so till an official response from FC, this item will stay here and often presented to FC. Still nothing on this.

2) Hotswapping weapons while running is borked. This is an issue since we always have to chase out kiting opponents, and since the above issue is not yet solved, running and hotswapping can be quite tedious with the amount of lag and sync issues. Still exists.

3) Remove nano recharge timer on MA attacks. The reason for having them is not by any way MAs fault and we are not happy being penalized for graft bugs. One of the more major concerns in my mind.

4) Shadowland evades and NR buffs pretty much useless due to duration and overriding of RI. The workaround might be to make the NR buff and evades buff into another line, change the duration to a shorter duration, and put a nano in ure NCU same like Agent 4sec 200% crit buffs. That way you can use it pretty much like acro perks, for the critical monents when u need more NR or evades. of course, having the 2 in seperate lines is even more appreciated. The NR buff line now stacks with RI, the evade clsc line still remains apart of the RI line.

5) Many MAs use melee damage in their everyday PVP routine, yet FC hasnt yet added a pure melee damage boosting nano. Fire and Energy are nice and dandy, but used mostly in PVM more than PVP, so please add a similar melee dmg buffing nano. We have finally received a buff, but the reqs are incredibly high and more importantly, damage isn't override!

6) Delirium -aad penalty is too much in today's PVP scene, it is much more of a liability than an asset to MAs to use against high evade profs, which mostly are fixers, advies, fellow MAs, keepers and evade sols (i might be mistaken about the last). So 300 aao and -500 aad will hurt more than help. reducing the penalty might motivate more MAs to use it. Odds are this won't get looked at and I will probably be removing this in a few weeks.

7) Increase Nano DoT and Nano decrease on MA LE attacks, since the logical people to use against is docs, advies, some sols, some agents, and NTs. Seeing that most of the mentioned people have high nano not quickly drained by those attacks, it beats the purpose of having those attacks to start with. Incraesing the drains and DoTs might help a bit more. Still nothing on this.

8) /follow should be revised to remove the slowing down when u visually catch up with ure target, whereas sync and lag actually have anothe say. your target might be behind u, or far away from you. Server to client updates seem to need a increase in frequency, since the last position your client receives from the server seems to mismatch with the new position by quite a lot, and a constant stream of positioning data might not be what we have right now. any FC dev might be able to shedl ight on this? Still nothing on this.

9) Increase speed buffed by Velocity or add a new speed buff to compensate for lag and sync issues, and general satisfaction of crossing a PF in 5secs One of those things that would be nice, and would be appreciated.

10) A New MA attack that kills hostile nanos on you, or increase the NR on UWoS, since with ql 250 UWoS and 2.1k NR, docs and NTs seem to land nanos easily on us. Something Minor. NR checks have always seemed buggy and most likely will remain that way.

11) Add a Sharp object and Bow Special Attack buff since MAs tend to use these 2 quite oftenly specially after Alb Ice Arrows for BSA. Still nothing on this.

12) Revise Dimach skill recharge to be a valid alpha tool for PVP MAs, i.e make it recharge faster if used against a player and keep it the same if used against a mob/npc. We received an MA attack with 17.9 that locks dimache, I would say it isn't a valid pvp attack. Get rid of the Nano recharge and it may become more viable.

13) Lower check on FoL as it is a valuable tool to be able to perk high evade profs. Not something ridiculous like 10%, but at laest make it valuable since like Delirium, we need to use it to be able to perk already hard to perk profs, or hit even, yet the current evade check means its hard to initially land it on the said profs.

14) Make procs firing and recharging time ignore UBT and other de-inits. Seems this is how procs work, and they don't seem to be changing them anytime soon.

15) Allow items to be used even when perks and nanos are loading/recharging.

That's all for now, if you have any more ideas please feel free to post.
    Last edited by glassgoat; Jul 7th, 2008 at 18:32:52. Reason: Fixed some typos and added some comments
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

There is a melee dmg buff, its just very low, ql whise, Iron Fist

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpace View Post
    it does not set damage type to melee which is a problem when using shen sticks or BoBs which do energy damage.

Yea i know, but thats not what he was talking about, or was it ? anyway why would you use sts or bobs in pvp

Ciggie, why don't i see getting a better MA heal in your wishs and concerns?

18) Improved SoR with less recharge.
    MA-Glassgoat 220/30/70 - pvm-ish//pvp-ish
    Doc- Dimedoc - 220/30/60ish
    Agent-Ipressoudie 170/19/42 - equipment
    Fixer-Blehmeh 207/30/64ish
    MP-Dougmp 118/13/?? - Work in Progress
    Enf - Cashewsftw 76/8/?? - Work in Progess
    MA - Gravyma 60/6/14 - equipment
    Agent-Portly 30/3 - equipment
    General of Ring of Destruction

Unity's MA Skill Calculator

I want better heal :x
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

Quote Originally Posted by Ciggie View Post
    16) Remove recharge timer on MA attacks. The reason for having them is not by any way MAs fault and we are not happy being penalized for gratf bugs.
    Could specify that you're referring to nano recharge bar here and not skill lockout i.e. parry/riposte.
    Maopic 2202670
    Mypetrocks 2202370
    Drmao 2202467
    Sirmao 1741242
    General of Asgard

We need heals.

Good heals with a ****ing reasonable recharge please.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgoat View Post
    Ciggie, why don't i see getting a better MA heal in your wishs and concerns?

18) Improved SoR with less recharge.
    that should be priority #1

Primo - Better heal!!
    Duo - Swapping while running AND while whine in nano recharge.
    Id also say "wielded weapons &fists" on the melee dmg buff, just so that nobody has any stupid ideas like sapp shooting melee dmg.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Great list there Ciggie. As said, you forgot the heal recharge issue, but otherwise seems to represent us well.

Thanks for making the effort. Let's hope FC listens/implements
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

Bump for heals being number 1. Lower recharge and a higher heal above soul of rubi.
    RK1 Brammath MA 220 / 25 / 70 Pic 1 Pic 2
    RK1 Bramm Trader 220 / 16 / 53
    RK1 Brammbo Sold 210 / 18 / 50 X Sec 10 Farmer

Question

8) Fix Harmonize Body & Mind to work when wielding weapons like Sap Bow and others.

Im not really sure i wanna see this...yes it sux that we cant use it with weapon equiped - but if that heal become available with weapons on, dont u think that some other proffesions might consider it too?
    I really dont wanna see soldiers for example with that heal ><
    •.´´•..•¨•.¸¸MoonsorrowNecroticaSukiiAcidaShotaTrayatiAgiel•Lunatica¸¸.•¨¯`•..•´´.•

Made 2 threads for better heals and HB&M. Result of poll will be posted on list.

- Better Heals

- HB&M + Weapons
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

Yea i know, but thats not what he was talking about, or was it ? anyway why would you use sts or bobs in pvp
    there is more to the game then just pvp

Quote Originally Posted by megabrawlman View Post
    there is more to the game then just pvp
    Well if you do read what he wrote he was talking about pvp then, pvm whise i see no reason to use melee over fire.

and yes, BBSC functionality. (it's equal to swapping in recharge)
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

What Ciggie meant was that we don't have a nano that overrides our damage type to melee.

Well if you do read what he wrote he was talking about pvp then, pvm whise i see no reason to use melee over fire.
    Ever heard of AC holes ? Well as a MA you really should.... RK dynas got a nice melee AC hole, so does Smug.
    you can check a few other AC holes in here (this thread really needs an update/renewal), that's the beauty of being a MA, you can swap damage types and adjust to the enemies AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Id also say "wielded weapons &fists" on the melee dmg buff, just so that nobody has any stupid ideas like sapp shooting melee dmg.
    Take a look at this Bow of Premonition, and then a closer look at it's damage type

Quote Originally Posted by Ciggie View Post
    15) Make procs firing and recharging time ignore UBT and other de-inits.
    16) Remove nano recharge timer on MA attacks. The reason for having them is not by any way MAs fault and we are not happy being penalized for graft bugs.
    @15 - imho, procs, ALL procs, should have NO attack/recharge timers at all
    @16 - BBCS/UaWoS should get their "cast Tight Embrace" replaced by a new (copy/paste effect if it's so damn hard to do...) that doesn't have the cast/recharge time at all, just like procs !

After looking at the old concerns thread there's still some isues unresolved there, like agility/MA skill on infantry symbs or the EXTREMELY annoying Beckoning (nerf advies ! )
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

(mostly) for the PvMers among us I'd really like to see the Gurgling River Sprite to be like Dreadloch Sniper's Friend and go to the HUD2 slot as well as HUD3
    with the sniper's friend already going there it's not going to be overpowered in anyway
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    (mostly) for the PvMers among us I'd really like to see the Gurgling River Sprite to be like Dreadloch Sniper's Friend and go to the HUD2 slot as well as HUD3
    with the sniper's friend already going there it's not going to be overpowered in anyway
    Crap! don't implement this until I've had chance to grab one myself!
    Maopic 2202670
    Mypetrocks 2202370
    Drmao 2202467
    Sirmao 1741242
    General of Asgard

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast