Thread: remove the slowdown effect from running

remove the slowdown effect from running

Remove the slowdown effect when you're reaching your /follow target.

Why ? Most (if not all of the) melee professions use /follow to keep up with their target, and with all the client/server synchronization problems that AO has, it has this EXTREMELY ANNOYING "feature" that keeps us far enough from our target to even hit it (and not to mention MA attacks require you to stand still to use them...), in PvM it's bearable, since most of the time the target won't change it's location... now in PvP... a ranged player has to move VERY little to keep us out of range and the damn slowdown will just do the rest.

Now either remove that slowdown or make /follow keep you within 0.000000001 meters from the target, we've got the client/server synchronization issues to make us "out of range" besides it, so we can't just follow our target manually !
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Jul 8th, 2007 at 21:17:58. Reason: fixed typos/added links

BUMP! I'm begining to wonder if all the game devs play soldiers agents and fixers, because this feature has been annoying melee profs for the longest while. IF ANY game dev actually plays a melee toon take a step up and do something about it. Bump again for some kind of fix for this problem.
    (>'_')>

Totaly Agree

DUmp 4 a good ide.....

bump
    Darkikeeper 220/23 Keeper
    Willace 220/20 Ma Doctor
    Darkiperku 220/20 Pvm perked Shade
    Darkijr 220/19 Engineer
    Darkintel 209/9 Tradeskiller
    Darkinukeu 165/19 NT twink

as long as /follow doesnt work when blinded, bump from me as well
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Bump for a fix to this. In PVP I have to run about 2-3m ahead of my opponent in order to actually hit them. Thus if they turn or stop I run off like an idiot and it takes me another 5-15 seconds to catch up to hit them again. All this with only about an 80 ping, so I feel sorry for people further away from the servers.

The advantage of melee in pvp is supposed to be that we can attack while moving, but with /follow bugged like it is, there is no way for melee to actually do so. Either this needs changed, or every melee profession needs to get root nanos. :S

Wish I had seen this thread before....

Please do something about this issue FC...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    as long as /follow doesnt work when blinded, bump from me as well
    agreed
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Bump. And I don't see why /follow shouldn't work when blind. Ranged can still shoot at me and do "Aimed shots". If someone is blinded and /following you, you can easily abuse geometry (jump over things, pull them into corners, etc.) to get away.

And half the time on BS if I'm blinded and /follow I get pulled into a zerg and I go splat.

Just fix the slowdown effect.

get rid of that annoying "feature" already please
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

remove /follow when blinded, then Ill bump.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Remove /follow

Thanks
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I know this is an old topic, but no absolutely not.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I support this.
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

Aggree with the op

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Remove /follow

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    remove /follow when blinded
    also agree with this but only if your screen dosent turn black when "blinded"

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    also agree with this but only if your screen dosent turn black when "blinded"
    Agreed, it should just get blurred.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds