Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Infinite full iprs

Make it cost a minnimum of 10 mill a time with 24 hour recharge. The price gives new players a certain amount of credits in their bank to target, the recharge means you wont full ipr every 5 minutes, making it something thats a considered choice. Players wanting the ipr must be completely naked too like it is atm.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

Quote Originally Posted by Phylicity View Post
    Players wanting the ipr must be completely naked too like it is atm.
    So that's why it never worked for me, I thought it was just the toon had to be stripped..

Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    So that's why it never worked for me, I thought it was just the toon had to be stripped..

omg... you play with clothes on????
    ewwww

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    ... and adopt the cookie-cutter setup everyone and their dog is currently using.
    This. The 'Dont make mistakes' mentality of the current IPR system not only encourages cookie cutter builds, it almost enforces it. Yet I find it ironic how people complain about cookie-cutter builds in this game.

Make it cost a minnimum of 10 mill a time with 24 hour recharge. The price gives new players a certain amount of credits in their bank to target, the recharge means you wont full ipr every 5 minutes, making it something thats a considered choice. Players wanting the ipr must be completely naked too like it is atm.
    Id rather it be free every 48 hours, and a fee of 20m if you want it sooner, just like the Perk Reset NPC.

Another option. Don't do it on a timer. If you want a full IPR you pay 10 mil for each Title Level. So a TL 5 would pay 50 mil and a TL 7 would pay 70 mil each time they want a full IPR.
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

Quote Originally Posted by AzureCat View Post
    Yet I find it ironic how people complain about cookie-cutter builds in this game.
    Sad part is that it is the same ones who are against the infinite full IPR. Go wonder...
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Bump for infinite number of free FIPR with a reasonable time lock inbetween each.
    Prynxkjui 220 NM MP / Prynjunior 220 Soli Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    If I gave you my favorite cookbook and ordered a lunch from page 25 and told you I will bite your head off if you dont make it exactly the way it should be - I am sure you would cook a perfect meal and never make single mistake... not

1.) theory /= practice
    2.) people do make mistakes even in much more important matters in life (picking their life partner i.e. )
    3.) you take this game too seriously - its just a game yanno
    It's a game around building up and developing your toon. Seriously, that is the entire game. I think you should be forced to learn why things work, how things work instead of just getting a recipe off a forum.

Suggestions like these are more "damaging" to the game than having sec42 bosses spawn in apartments with 1hp, dropping every item in the game and a billion credits to boot.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by K1nkstaah View Post
    It's a game around building up and developing your toon. Seriously, that is the entire game. I think you should be forced to learn why things work, how things work instead of just getting a recipe off a forum.
    I agree... and that is exactly why I made this suggestion!

Suggestions like these are more "damaging" to the game than having sec42 bosses spawn in apartments with 1hp, dropping every item in the game and a billion credits to boot.
    Arguments like this are more "damaging" to the discussion than lets say the credibility of the poster?

I think you should be forced to learn why things work, how things work instead of just getting a recipe off a forum.
    This is precisely why we should get infinite full IPRs.

It seems that you could use an IPR yourself to reset "Futile denial of the obvious" and invest more in "Intelligence".
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

K1nkstaah, I am not sure you realize this, but that argument of yours is in favor of infinite full IPRs.

Technically its a game about role playing and pretending you're someone else.

And how does no iprs make you learn how and why things work? all it does is make you find the guide that tells you how to do it easier.

The best way to learn how and why things work is by experimenting. your whole argument is completely contradicting itself.

I think you should be forced to learn why things work, how things work instead of just getting a recipe off a forum.
    I agree, one should not just do what the forum guide says - heck, as I said I have decided to go my own way after trying out a few different routes.
    There are some neat effects on some of those weapons out there.

But if I wish to switch from, say, assault rifle to SMG then I will need to either do this at very low levels or need to recoup my IPs in some way in order to have a tolerable toon, even for solo work.
    That is not "making a mistake" as both approaches work but it is "learning from experience" how each of them works. (And while it's not something one does every week it is fun to try out different setups now and then, it alleviates the boredom of the level grind.)
    Oh, and not to mention: those guides on the forum, they were made by people who made mistakes, learned from them and decided to allow others the chance to avoid those same mistakes.
    I'll bet that those guide authors would have liked to IPR now and then.

However, as I said previously I doubt that unlimited FIPR will have much effect, if any at all.
    Except perhaps to those low-level TSers that were mentioned and which I'd not thought of - but it's a nice idea that I'd happily put to good use myself. ^^
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

I think you should not use word "forced" regarding any game.

Especially not when answering to still-pissed-over-12man-bug badly tempered little me

Quote Originally Posted by AzureCat View Post
    That is what I hate about this game, you literally need your hand held by guides and other players to succeed, god forbid newbies trying to do things on their own.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsama View Post
    in the end i think the current IP framework is why the game is so cookie cutter. who wants to lvl to 220 and risk gimping themselves by spending IP in a risky setup? especially if you are a pvm player. One of the biggest selling points of ao is how customizable it can be, why not remove barriers that prevent it. Why not let me level to 220 and then be able to try 3,4,5,6 different set ups on a toon?
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post

But if I wish to switch from, say, assault rifle to SMG then I will need to either do this at very low levels or need to recoup my IPs in some way in order to have a tolerable toon, even for solo work.
    That is not "making a mistake" as both approaches work but it is "learning from experience" how each of them works. (And while it's not something one does every week it is fun to try out different setups now and then, it alleviates the boredom of the level grind.)
    and this ;D
    Bump!

OP: I hope this is a sarcastic post?

Full ipr's are given by funcom on a very rare base. and are not stackable.
    If youwant to have fun and experiment you can get single ipr's in various ways. @ s42 you are likely to win a ipr (unlearning divice) every 2 raids, since not many people are interested in that item. And also you can get extra ipr's for vp's in towershops.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post

If youwant to have fun and experiment you can get single ipr's in various ways. @ s42 you are likely to win a ipr (unlearning divice) every 2 raids, since not many people are interested in that item. And also you can get extra ipr's for vp's in towershops.
    Single IPRs that require either a rediculous amount of VPs, or an endgame level 220 raid. This is precisely what I am talking about when I say that resetting skills requires too much grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post

Nope it is not sarcastic at all.
    It is starting to feel like most of the people who dissagree share a common secret that they dont want to reveal so they come back with "you can get single iprs @ 220 if you do BS till you ears bleed" and "you can also get them by raiding the least raiding playfield in the game" but not an actual reason why the game would be worse if it was introduced...
    Am I missing something here ?? Is it so hard to see that this could only be an improvement? Yes i know its been like this for a long time but I really dont see why it shouldn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by psyxorrr View Post
    I really dont see why it shouldn't change.
    It would force those who are against it to start using their brains and actually experiment rather than following guides on how to make cookie-cutter.

Problem is that reading and blindly following all these guides for all these years has turned their brains into stones. Proof? Look at their posts in this very thread! It is actually becoming funny to read them.
    Member of Infinity

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast