Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Infinite full iprs

Infinite full iprs

As great as the perk reset guy is...
    I think one more step is needed
    As title says.
    Gief Infinite full iprs kthxbai.
    Make it once a week or something like that...
    I know people who are afraid to even use the ones they currently have just in case they need one later on.
    No it's not that I m trying to equip something and i used mine and I m certainly not going to talk about balance.
    The reason for this suggestion is ...Fun.
    Part of the fun that you have in the lower levels that is lost in the end game is that you HAVE to be careful with everything to make sure you don't end up with a total gimp, which leads to cookie cutter setups for most people because they prefer a useful toon to a toon that has a low to high chance of being useless.
    Give us the ability to play with the infinite options this game provides at every level.
    Give us the option to experiment with new and different setups instead of just copying what we saw on someone else's setup that works.
    Give us the ability to PLAY and have FUN with our toons instead of just "building" them based on a predefined patern.
    Unleash the true power of AO
    <insert more crappy slogans here>

Alternative suggestion posted by Keldros on page 4 which is also good imo

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post

Split all skills and abilities into 5-6 groups, for example:

1. Abilities (str/sta/stam etc. + nanopool and body dev)
    2. offensive skills (weapons skills + MA + conceal+dimach/parry, etc. + inits)
    3. Evades
    4. travel (runspeed + swimming +nav skills)
    5. tradeskills (tradeskills + B&E)
    6. nanoskills

Make group resets something that can be done maybe once a week (for trying out different weapons, for example), but resetting one group locks out other groups (and full IPR) for 4-6 weeks.

This way you can try out a different weapon type every week if you really want, or tweak abilities to try out different armor types--but you can't dump everything into tradeskills, build a new set of armor, and dump the points back into weapon skills.

I really can't see any arguments against this but I 'm sure some will.
    Go ahead make my day ;D

Ah wait
    "Easy mode blah blah blah"
    "reroll gimp"
    "go back to wow"
    "No ipr for j00"
    "tldr"
    There i did my own trolling ;D now lets talk about this one
    Last edited by psyxorrr; May 20th, 2009 at 07:04:44.

People are going to complain about infinite full IPRs...

so how abouts you have an IPR npc that you pay 20mil to reset all your IP. Then you can't use that IPR npc for a amount of time - maybe a week?

*shrugs* I'm all in favour of more options for us as players to customise our toons. Certainly would be loads of fun to try and aim for cool looking setups. ^.^
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

I have already suggested this myself for the same reasons. So bump of course.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Only I think that this should cost a bit (much) more then 20 mil.
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

Quote Originally Posted by lordran View Post
    May I ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by lordran View Post
    I agree, 500mill or 250k ipr!
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin View Post
    I agree, 500mill or 250k ipr!
    That takes away the fun factor which is what i was aiming for with this suggestion...
    Once a week sounds reasonable enough to avoid most of the problems that this could cause while keeping all the benefits

example:
    This week I wanna try and see if i can equip a Dshark on my enfo... (extreme example but it makes the point i m trying to make clear)
    I m not gonna pay 500 mil to do it... but ... if it was free (or 25 mil) I might give it a shot. (and have fun / waste a lot of time in game doing it.)
    Last edited by psyxorrr; May 12th, 2009 at 09:09:10.

A full IPR should be.. 6 months out of game recharge. You can get IPR through normal methods, and remains a pretty good VP sink.

Considering most people who burn IPR's are hardcore PVPer's adapting, making them cost VP isnt so bad, really.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by K1nkstaah View Post
    A full IPR should be.. 6 months out of game recharge. You can get IPR through normal methods, and remains a pretty good VP sink.

Considering most people who burn IPR's are hardcore PVPer's adapting, making them cost VP isnt so bad, really.
    I still cant see the reason why not... please ...

"people will complain"
    "because it is what it is"
    "it just makes sense"

are not valid arguments.

Please tell us why should an IPR be so hard to get?
    Last edited by psyxorrr; May 12th, 2009 at 09:06:54.

This and add an option to buy a full IPR earlier for 500 mil.
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

Quote Originally Posted by psyxorrr View Post
    I still cant see the reason why not... please ...

"people will complain"
    "because it is what it is"
    "it just makes sense"

are not valid arguments.

Please tell us why should an IPR be so hard to get?
    It isnt hard.
    50k VP --> Go.
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

How about lower toons or people trying to learn the game?
    50k vp sound reasonable?
    I ve had the privilidge of observing a friend while she was learning the game and i saw that at some point she wouldnt raise ANY skills before double/tripple checking the forums to see that it wont gimp her.
    Is that a good way to learn the game? Yes
    should it be the only way? No
    I don't think anyone around level 100ish has any chance of experimenting with anything.
    Just read forums / ask guildies and apply what others tell ya.

How about lower toons or people trying to learn the game?
    50k vp sound reasonable?
    I ve had the privilidge of observing a friend while she was learning the game and i saw that at some point she wouldnt raise ANY skills before double/tripple checking the forums to see that it wont gimp her.
    Is that a good way to learn the game? Yes
    should it be the only way? No
    I don't think anyone around level 100ish has any chance of experimenting with anything.
    Just read forums / ask guildies and apply what others tell ya.
    Interesting. Perhaps new toons should spawn with some IPR, which increases as they hit new title levels.

Oh wait, that exists.
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Interesting. Perhaps new toons should spawn with some IPR, which increases as they hit new title levels.

Oh wait, that exists.
    ... single ...
    You obviously have (as i have) forgotten how easy it is to make the wrong choice on more than one skill ... or forget an important one ... or say "hey this weapon looks nice I would like to try it on" ... when you are a new player.
    But this is not only about new players... its about vets as well.
    I bet you that if something like this was implemented you would see end game toons with really amazing and original setups (very few of them arround these days) just like the low level twinks where people are not afraid to try new and different things (which is one if not the only one of AO's strengths over other games).
    Last edited by psyxorrr; May 12th, 2009 at 09:42:05.

... single ...
    You obviously have (as i have) forgotten how easy it is to make the wrong choice on more than one skill ... or forget an important one ... or say "hey this weapon looks nice I would like to try it on" ... when you are a new player.
    But this is not only about new players... its about vets as well.
    I bet you that if something like this was implemented you would see end game toons with really amazing and original setups (very few of them arround these days) just like the low level twinks where people are not afraid to try new and different things (which is one if not the only one of AO's strengths over other games).
    I'd wager I was the biggest commentor on IPR for a good.. 5-6 years of the game when it was first released.

Get imaginative, and know your mechanics well and you can think of imaginative setups without needing full IPR. If anything, head on the test server and see how far you can stretch your IP.

It's nice to be forced to put some work in for your char, especially if it is brain work.
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

I'd wager I was the biggest commentor on IPR for a good.. 5-6 years of the game when it was first released.
    What changed?
    (i know you don't want to see others getting the setup you worked on for a long time with relative ease but ... is that the way it should be? How many changes would you make to your toon if you had that option available to you now? Would you be excited about it? )

Get imaginative, and know your mechanics well and you can think of imaginative setups without needing full IPR. If anything, head on the test server and see how far you can stretch your IP.
    Good suggestion but i don't see why some1 would have to xfer to test in order to try something different... Also trial and error ... is the only way to really know your mechanics... just asking to make the learning process a bit easier.

It's nice to be forced to put some work in for your char, especially if it is brain work.
    I agree! All i m saying is that at the moment the penalties are too high.
    Ending up with a useless toon for a week sounds reasonable and i wouldnt be scared to try something in game instead of just testing setups on paper if that was the case.
    Anyways...
    Still haven't heard a reasonable why not...
    Gonna stop defending this idea until there is something to defend it against

What changed?
    (i know you don't want to see others getting the setup you worked on for a long time with relative ease but ... is that the way it should be? How many changes would you make to your toon if you had that option available to you now? Would you be excited about it? )
    Oh, right. You must be new. For the first year or so of the game, IPR did not exist.
    At all.

Yeah - You had to reroll. Eventually, ONE full IPR came in. That was it. No single IPR's. They came later. Much later.

A couple of years after that, people like me stated there should be some way to earn them/buy them. That too, came - and thats when the whining stopped.

I agree! All i m saying is that at the moment the penalties are too high.
    Ending up with a useless toon for a week sounds reasonable and i wouldnt be scared to try something in game instead of just testing setups on paper if that was the case.
    Anyways...
    Still haven't heard a reasonable why not...
    Gonna stop defending this idea until there is something to defend it against
    There is simply no reason to add infinite full IPR's. Rebuilding your character should take effort. If you think the game is cookie cutter now, imagien if full IPR's were easily obtainable, within a week you would goto every forum, and IP templates would be posted everywhere, and people out there would be playing the exact same character.

People who are creative and can think of things can do so within the existing IPR framework.
    People who have made bad decisions, can correct them within the existing IPR framework.
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

I understand your point and it's a very well made one
    Yes i am relatively new (rolled my first toon in 2005 fixer with 0 ip in evades ... amazingly it got to 100 before i realized something was wrong with it xD).
    The fact that things are much better now than they were "back then" doesnt mean they cant get better.

And our disagreement lies in the fact that i believe that the "fear" that comes with trying a new setup, weapon, armour etc should be removed from the game to make it more fun. You obviously do not
    The fun (for me ofc) is changing your setup trying new things making crazy and pointless setups just for the fun of the process etc etc...
    It's ok everyone is entitled to their opinion

I agree that people shouldnt be afraid to try new things.

However, you should learn what you are doing first, before you go and try random things.
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

However, you should learn what you are doing first, before you go and try random things.
    Small point on that.

The only reason we can learn (ie go read guides ask people etc) is because someone tried random things in the past.

If nobody every tried random things, we'd never learn anything.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast