Thread: Huge Problems with dual-logging, what am i doing wrong?

Huge Problems with dual-logging, what am i doing wrong?

So i upgraded my 2nd froob-acc to a full-account with all features (yea i wanna have that MP in the back too) and this is when it starts. no problems occured at anytime i dual-logged my full+froob-acc. but two full-accs bust be possible aswell? i see it multiple times ingame!

i run my Main-Acc from client.exe and the 2nd Acc from Anarchy.exe - do i have to change there something once upgraded? my connection to the internet works well, i have zero probs. the Main-acc runs fluently as usual but on the 2nd-acc i dunno what it exactly is!? is it CPU-lag (which i dont think it is cause i have still kinda high-end equip dual 3,0ghz 8800gtx etc) or connection-lag?! well the other chars stuck and spin around like it is a lag of the internet.. cant be! everythings okay with my connection, like i said before.

anyone able to help me please?

do i have to run it from the same .exe? do i have to install it a 2nd time?

EDIT: i even tried running the 2nd Account (anarchy.exe) without the main-account - the same problems - ??
    Last edited by Omnomnom; Apr 1st, 2009 at 16:41:44.

Are you running in window mode.
    The world is full of A-- H---s and we live in a pile of poop.

• I use the same exact shortcut from my Quick Launch bar - no need to start AO differently
    • I run in Windowed Mode
    • I MUST keep one instance minimized else everything just chokes - otherwise it is generally smooth

My PC is average at best: 3-4 yr old Dell 4700; P4 2.8; 3gb RAM; ATI 2600 Pro 512

Quote Originally Posted by -Nuc- View Post
    • I use the same exact shortcut from my Quick Launch bar - no need to start AO differently
    • I run in Windowed Mode
    • I MUST keep one instance minimized else everything just chokes - otherwise it is generally smooth
    I do the same thing. I log in to one account, minimize that window, then use the same shortcut to log in again. Since you can have multiple Usernames in the log in screen, I just use the drop down menu to select which account I want to log in for my second instance.

I run in Windowed mode now, which makes a difference. I used to run in Full Screen mode and use Alt-Tab to switch between accounts. My computer is much happier now that I use Windowed Mode and minimize one window before opening the other.

Omnomnom, if you haven't already, you might want to try running them both using the .exe that isn't giving you any problems right now, and see if that works any better.
    Last edited by tiralee; Apr 1st, 2009 at 23:46:07.

Windowed mode here too, all the time. I can normally log 3 accounts without any problems, all from same launcher, just changing usernames.
    If I am activelly playing 2 or 3 toons I usually change resolution to 1024x768 (1680x1050 otherwise) so I can see all my toons at once.

I've noticed some hilarious problems with dual logging recently that I doubt anyone, anyone at all can explain.

I'm no stranger to running 2-3 clients at once to get things done in this game (Thanks, lack of population!) but thats digress.

The issue is that one client is out of synch, on the client only.

On the server, both characetrs are fine. Infact, both clients are on the SAME MACHINE, except one is out of synch. On the client. Only.

To illustrate this, lets say we have a pocket doc and an enforcer.
    For the purposes of this demonstration, the DOCTOR is out of synch. So accordnig to the doctors screen on the same PC, he is not seeign any mobs, all players/mobs that are visible are running into walls, and so on. Typical "Oh **** I lagged out" situation.

The enforcer however, on the same PC is fine, and playing away without any problems.

Except when I go to the Doctor client, which is lagging out. For ****s and giggles, I hit F2 and hit 2 on my hotbar to heal the enforcer, which is not even visible to the doc client, and of course, nothing happens due to it being lagged out. Right?

Wrong.

On the enforcer, I can clearly see the doctor target the enf, and heal them, without any kind of lag. At all.

Infact, I can move the doctor around, and it moves on the enfocers client, heals the same, can even tab and attack things just fine - Except none of this happens on the doctors actual client, it happens on the server end.

And every now and then, it'll switch, and I can hit all the buttons on the enfs screen to no avail, but they definitely work on the server, I have been able to tank (and perk, and attack) things in remote mode like this.

It also happens when they are logged into seperate machines. It doesnt happen all the time, and I had a very funny situation the other day when it happened on BS, and I controlled my enforcer by watching Hotcow's screen as she was playing at the time, and hitting buttons on my apparently lagged out screen against an opponent who wasnt even visible on the screen, but of course, tab, directional, and attempting to use perks worked just fine.. according to the server. On my client there was noone around.

Thoughts?
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.