Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A New World..

Theoretically they could relocate the player cities, without changing the layout or ownership.
    It'd be "work" though.

Which in some cases would be pretty damn nice, I can think of a few that are in rather inconvenient locations with relation to the local game content.

Sort of like that grid terminal in one of the coasts that was inside a player shop, fairly sure they relocated the terminal behind the shop instead of moving the shop though.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Thanks wind for that, you bring up a great point there that i and others didn't think of. the Third party websites, a Cataclysm would be more realistic at this stage then.. Player cities is easy enough, move em around According to the cataclysm. (storyline: Rebuilt from the great cataclysm etc etc)..

Since we are in the Scifi Era on this game.. the AO team can do anything with a bit of imagination.

Zones are disjointed, i tried to actually make a global map of all the silly bolded borders of AO, just to try it out. i must say i've never seen a planet that shape before, i thought they were generally Spheroid :P, Each area is very "Square" and "Zone" like. when it should be environmental. best place to be in RK and not see this is Coast of peace. seems like it has no end if you look off into the sea and lol @ the Rome green exit that still has no way to go...

Would be kinda Ironic if the Cataclysm were to "fix" all this again..
    Proud President of The Leviathan Movement, Behe's Outside Bor Basic
    The Leviathan Movement
    Peepeebedee(current General PVP setup)
    Peepeebedee(current Damage Dealing setup)
    Obifist
    My Youtube'z

The New World..

Needs A New Siggy

Here's your reminder about the difference between a GM and an ARK - <3 Anarrina

Ok, zones are best done square, because creating 2 zones where they meet which is not in a straight line... you are adding HOURS of work (which is not free of charge) to be sure 2 zones don't overlap each other which could cause some serious problems.

Relocation of plots, alright, if this was possible... why didn't FC just copied and pasted the "ownership" of german cities and just moved those into Atlantean/Rimor? Probably because it's either too time consuming, or currently not possible.

There are enough bugs in the game as-is, making a new landscape does NOT guarantee there won't be many, or even MORE geometry issues. Most of the stuff we already know and can avoid, or as posted in this forum. Imagine having to deal with the exact same problems, except... we have no idea where they may be, and have to start from scratch, using /stuck?

The idea has merit, but I don't see this happening, for at least the next 5 years.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

when i say square wind, i mean i FEEL like im in a Square, FEEL like im in a zone, rather than a landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Relocation of plots, alright, if this was possible... why didn't FC just copied and pasted the "ownership" of german cities and just moved those into Atlantean/Rimor? Probably because it's either too time consuming, or currently not possible..
    Or they Couldn't be bothered ?
    Last edited by peepeebedee; Nov 17th, 2010 at 15:17:08.
    The Leviathan Movement
    Obifist
    My Youtube'z

The New World..

Needs A New Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by Tshaar View Post
    We're suggesting this to people who can't even release a spreadsheet in time.
    You have reached enlightenment!

Quote Originally Posted by techprince View Post
    How about a new planet itself?
    A new planet with its own population with space traveling !!!!
    This might require a HUGE team.
    I think a new planet would be cool (don't replace Rubi-Ka! just another planet to explore, expansion idea anyone?) but space travel would just have to be a "NOW LOADING" screen if we could ever expect our devs to make this happen. Based on how long it has taken the engine I think it is safe to say this will never happen though.
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

Bump
    The Leviathan Movement
    Obifist
    My Youtube'z

The New World..

Needs A New Siggy

I really like this idea. One question though, if this thread is still active. If we all had to move to a new planet..meaning RK was destroyed...would we then have to have the devs also create all new gear or simply have the new creatures drop old items? The latter would seem a bit odd to me. How would one envision that being played out?

All the RK items are just mass produced crap that is sold everywhere and/or smuggled.
    AI stuff goes where the aliens go.
    SL/Xan stuff could be smuggled out just as well as anything coming in you would think.

Could be an excuse for removing problem items and database filler from the game though.
    Depending on the amount removed it might be more accurate to call it "copy paste items into new database and trash the old one" :/

These changes are so big it would make more sense to actually make an AO2 instead. Just saying.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by delsabre View Post
    These changes are so big it would make more sense to actually make an AO2 instead. Just saying.
    I could agree with that. It would be a perfect way to introduce an AO2. Especially with the new Engine (LOL) and the rebalance, it will feel like AO2 anyway.

As you say, with all the changes it might as well be AO2.
    So what does it matter if the name changes or not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12