Thread: XP and loot accessed sooner after kill now

XP and loot accessed sooner after kill now

Didn't see anyone else mention this but before 18.0 usually things would go like this.
    -Kill mob.
    -Pause.
    -You gained XP and have loot rights message.
    -Longer pause.
    -You can loot the corpse.

Now it's more like.
    -Kill mob.
    -No pause at all.
    -You gained XP and have loot rights message.
    -Short pause.
    -You can loot the corpse.

Only down side is after you kill or even loot it and the corpse disapears you can still tab the dead mob for a while. They are still shown in the PF map during that time as well. In LE missions I could be down the hall and in one or more rooms away with the thing still shown on the PF map till I was too far to see mobs in that room anymore. Then when I did do that at times if I came back the dead mob would still show up on the PF map and may even be shown standing there when I went over. This was just client side, the server considered it dead, so while I could select it I would not be able to attack it.

Aside from that little client side glitch this change is quite nice and I had at times thought of suggesting something like that be done.

Undead mobs in LE missions are nothing new unfortunately. Have been around for at least 6 months, probably since their inception.

However the xp gain latency has been improved, yes.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

yeah, I totally noticed this too, gj fc
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

Heh, I thought this was just a feature of the new playfields, since I haven't killed anything outside it since LoX went live. I certainly like it! Should take some of the pain out of token missions.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

I noticed that too, it's a small change but it really helps esp. in LE missions when someone is looting VP.

This happened for PVP when the "New Titles" were introduced, so it's nice to see it happen in PVM too I guess
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Dead mobs can be tabbed for a longer time, same goes for the players..... Truly annoying.

The ghosted mobs in Lost Eden has been around for a very long time. Probably since AI. How it works in Lost Eden is if somethings dying (a mob) while someone else is zoning (a lift) then the mob stands around on zero hp for the person who zoned. It's dead but tabbable and standing there. This can happen in any building with lifts in it, but tended not to in inferno missions as the team stays together to recieve the XP. As AXP at the time ranged anywhere, a team tended to act as several solo units, rather than a team. Its less pronounced now that this also happens in LE missions, but the bug still definately exists.

What's happening in Arid Rift is different. The mob is there client side, and not there server side. Its not a replacement, its a copy. Theres now a few towers doing it, so you can see two towers on top of each other, one is real and one is fake. The fake one wont snare you at all, but hold everyone up regardless as we sort out wether or not we should kill it.

At least for the first time.

If theres no fix for this in sight, we're going to need a GM to scoot by every 12 hours or so, and clean out any mob running on the spot - if they even can. They'd be able to see them certainly, but would their removal be predictable given client and server is out of sync? Hard to say. I imagine it'd be difficult to reproduce also, for fixing it, given in three days its only happened 20 times or so, and the playfield has probably had a 1000 unique visitors.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Feb 23rd, 2009 at 04:28:24.

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    How it works in Lost Eden is if somethings dying (a mob) while someone else is zoning (a lift) then the mob stands around on zero hp for the person who zoned.
    Lifts need not be involved. Things at least a couple rooms or so away don't show up on the PF mab and that's all it takes. I just ran a couple rooms away before it was completely removed. I've seen it before but seems more common now. Likely since while you can loot and run faster the dead mob is hanging around longer before your client considers it gone.

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    What's happening in Arid Rift is different. The mob is there client side, and not there server side. Its not a replacement, its a copy. Theres now a few towers doing it, so you can see two towers on top of each other, one is real and one is fake. The fake one wont snare you at all, but hold everyone up regardless as we sort out wether or not we should kill it.
    It can't be purely client side since I doubt the client would just "make up" mobs on its own at places randomly, only when the server says there is one, where in fact there isn't.

However, I was surprised to see how many "ghosts" are there indeed in Arid Rift; even in about the 80-90 minutes I've spent there so far I've seen an unusually high number of them. (Apart from this, the only place I've seen so many ghosts was BioMaRe; at times in certain areas almost every single mob gets doubled.)
    And it's not just mobs, but players too; I've seen plenty of characters that are running in circles all around the place but are not actually there.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

That's great, now the game doesn't wait for a long confirmation. It gives xp and corpse directly lootable before the mob is even declared dead (still visible on the map). They are still tab activated but that was the case before.

And so far undead mobs only gives the delay we had before this change, that's because the client didn't saw them die so it waits till the server says ok.

All hail <whoever did this> !
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

So, the lag problems are now gone then ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Many of the ghosts in Arid Rift are different from the kind we're used to. Seems to be a new anti-training mechanic borrowed from some other MMO whose name I won't mention.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast