Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MA concerns, requests and general wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    What Ciggie meant was that we don't have a nano that overrides our damage type to melee.

Ever heard of AC holes ? Well as a MA you really should.... RK dynas got a nice melee AC hole, so does Smug.
    you can check a few other AC holes in here (this thread really needs an update/renewal), that's the beauty of being a MA, you can swap damage types and adjust to the enemies AC.

Take a look at this Bow of Premonition, and then a closer look at it's damage type

@15 - imho, procs, ALL procs, should have NO attack/recharge timers at all
    @16 - BBCS/UaWoS should get their "cast Tight Embrace" replaced by a new (copy/paste effect if it's so damn hard to do...) that doesn't have the cast/recharge time at all, just like procs !

After looking at the old concerns thread there's still some isues unresolved there, like agility/MA skill on infantry symbs or the EXTREMELY annoying Beckoning (nerf advies ! )
    No mr, he was talking about killing cacoon, if u didnt notice thats the reason ma use melee dmg in pvp, ur damn perks....are melee dmg, u really have little or no clue but u still think you do, thats funny.

4) Many MAs use melee damage in their everyday PVP routine, yet FC hasnt yet added a pure melee damage boosting nano. Fire and Energy are nice and dandy, but used mostly in PVM more than PVP, so please add a similar melee dmg buffing nano.

Fire its just fine for most pvm out there, with some exceptions, sl mission/pandy/aliens, thats 90% of the content. We do not need melee fist for pvm but for pvp.

Bye now
    Last edited by GameSpace; Aug 26th, 2007 at 23:57:47.

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpace View Post
    There is a melee dmg buff, its just very low, ql whise, Iron Fist
    What Ciggie meant was that we don't have a nano that overrides our damage type to melee.

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabrawlman View Post
    there is more to the game then just pvp
    Well if you do read what he wrote he was talking about pvp then, pvm whise i see no reason to use melee over fire.
    Ever heard of AC holes ? Well as a MA you really should.... RK dynas got a nice melee AC hole, so does Smug......

take a moment, relax, and reread the posts from start to end..... finished ? great !
    megabrawlman mentioned that there's more to the game then just PvP... you said that PvMwise there's no use for melee... and I gave you one good reason why IT IS USEFULL !
    now... where on earth did you see me saying anything about using fire (or any other type) fists in PvP ???
    know what don't answer that, this is a suggestions/requests thread, if you don't have any simply don't post, you've got 4 posts in this thread witch only criticize other peoples opinions and not a single post on topic.

and back on track...
    wtb this baby ingame already: Atomic Turret
    •••••••• zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser ••••••••
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

(mostly) for the PvMers among us I'd really like to see the Gurgling River Sprite to be like Dreadloch Sniper's Friend and go to the HUD2 slot as well as HUD3
    with the sniper's friend already going there it's not going to be overpowered in anyway
    the river sprite would need a huge upgrade before it is really acceptable for hud2. our fists are already way too slow.

What I would like to see instead is some sort of MA version of the snipers friend with something like

100 phys init
    25 brawl
    25 dimach
    10 ma
    +5 crit

or maybe just a general melee version that also adds fast attack, and sneak attack also
    Last edited by megabrawlman; Aug 27th, 2007 at 11:03:49.

take a moment, relax, and reread the posts from start to end..... finished ? great !
    megabrawlman mentioned that there's more to the game then just PvP... you said that PvMwise there's no use for melee... and I gave you one good reason why IT IS USEFULL !
    now... where on earth did you see me saying anything about using fire (or any other type) fists in PvP ???
    know what don't answer that, this is a suggestions/requests thread, if you don't have any simply don't post, you've got 4 posts in this thread witch only criticize other peoples opinions and not a single post on topic.

and back on track...
    wtb this baby ingame already: Atomic Turret
    the point is that that the melee buff should set type to melee for perks and what not

how about finally letting us see out "weapon" template, something I can shift+click and see all the stats like any other weapon

Quote Originally Posted by megabrawlman View Post
    the point is that that the melee buff should set type to melee for perks and what not
    unfortunately there's nothing ingame that changes the damage type of your perks, but that's a great idea !
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

You guys are confusing me.. why do you want a melee fist buff. What use will it really be in pvm?.. you're gonna kill that one mob in 29 seconds instead of 30? (that is if you don't want to use fire or chem fist.. which you should) I honnestly never noticed that amazing melee AC hole you're talking about. Talk about priorities.. might as well ask for more AC's or a new special attack that transforms us into a boat.
    Last edited by Joey; Aug 27th, 2007 at 17:50:33.
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)
    Shibasama (lvl 5 with Feeble Gladiatorbot & Red Line)
    Achiever 66.67%, Killer 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Socializer 46.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    You guys are confusing me.. why do you want a melee fist buff. What use will it really be in pvm?.. you're gonna kill that one mob in 29 seconds instead of 30? (that is if you don't want to use fire or chem fist.. which you should)
    last time I did smug it took a few minutes not 30 seconds, and the main reason for melee fists is PvP (so the damn sticks/BoBs will do the same as your fists and perks)
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Aug 28th, 2007 at 06:46:10.

last time I did smug it took a few minutes not 30 seconds, and the main reason for melee fists is PvP (so the damn sticks/BoBs will do the same as your fists)
    Since when MA's pvp with sticks or bob's?

P.S. I'd love if you could show me a screen shot of the difference between fire and melee on smug in your damage window to see if its that great of a hole.
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)

while rushing for work you forget things :P

make it sticks/BoBs/Bows/Perks (OK now ?)

why use Sticks/BoBs in PvP ? Well, personally just wouldn't, fists+bow do the job much better for allot of reasons, but recently I've got a 2nd stick equipped and I'm not thrilled re-perking to reequip them after each fight...
    If I was pure PvP I'd just use fists+bow+spear, but I'm setup for PvM.

(as for Smugs' AC hole, just get a doc to keep u alive for 1-2 minutes while you cycle damage types, you'll notice it's around 1k difference, too bad you're on Rimor, else we'd do some DD wars )

Show me the screen shot And our perks are already melee, so I really don't see why you talk about pvp use.

Bottom line is, we should'nt even think about putting something that will mearly help us kill 3-4 rk uniques a bit faster (if it actually does) and help pvm ma's that can't bother to unequip sticks to be less useless in pvp. There is 100 more important things to deal with.
    Last edited by Joey; Aug 28th, 2007 at 15:15:17.
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)

Looks like some misunderstanding going on. Let me explain:

We want melee dmg buff, so that we can hit melee damage with the BOW, thus using it to break cocoon (if your lucky, in one shot) and continue to alpha after with fists+perks
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

Like we don't break coon fast enough :P There is no way FC is gonna give us that.
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)

Like we don't break coon fast enough :P There is no way FC is gonna give us that.
    why not? AS is 1 shot coon killer, so is FA, i dont see why not our attacks can be few-shot coon killers... given that not all MAs cap AS all the time (correct me if im wrong, I know i aint wrong, i never cap AS with over 1.6k skill
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

Unlike soldiers, we still do constant high damage after specials. Our offensive power doesn't need improvement at all. Wtb more defence.

You're asking FC to make coon useless.. that would be like advies asking FC to remove MA's crits.
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)

Unlike soldiers, we still do constant high damage after specials. Our offensive power doesn't need improvement at all. Wtb more defence.

You're asking FC to make coon useless.. that would be like advies asking FC to remove MA's crits.
    well they removed our limber already, and if continue so dof too , if no crit too what we do then ... heal with our uber SL final heal nano? ....anyway if cocoon was a prerogative of adv there was np cause they still have bior and dof+limber...but cocoon is the only defence of enf too with out it they go down more easy and it will be nerf really....but anyway this game not having any sense at all so...

cinsider the following scenario:
    Sol vs Enfo - FA burst, coon dead long time ago, whatever dmg lands on enfo afterwards is dmg counted vs hp, all good so far

MA vs Enfo - crit crit crit, coon just down, and maybe not (if ure gimp like me ) perk perk special special, just then it starts to count vs hp, which some enfos got quite a nice amount of.

that scenario is always almost the persistent one in todays PVP, so good luck killing an enfo faster with MA than Sol. And Sol also got range advantage and evades debuff.

Non-disclaimer: Dont look at the shiny logo under my name, im nowhere close to what it represents but i have an opinion and i just gave it.

So ya, coon is already useless for enfo in sol figths, just a bit better with us, yet 1 shot coon killers are for sol advantage and from there on its a smooth ride for the sol, whereas for us its harder. and sol can FA again in 11 secs
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

I'm convinced that we kill anything faster than soldiers in pvp. Even if we didn't, again, being a better coon prof killer is not a priority.
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)

Our offensive power doesn't need improvement at all. Wtb more defence.
    QFT
    Aleah, MA :: Zhoie, Doctor :: Scarlett, Soldier
    Neutral, (former) President of Art of War

Dipping my toe back in, thinking of returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, this is an exploit I am totally cool with people using. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Joey
    Talk about priorities.. might as well ask for more AC's or a new special attack that transforms us into a boat.
    Bottom line is, we should'nt even think about putting something that will mearly help us kill 3-4 rk uniques a bit faster (if it actually does) and help pvm ma... ...There is 100 more important things to deal with.
    I'm convinced that we kill anything faster than soldiers in pvp. Even if we didn't, again, being a better coon prof killer is not a priority.
    1) a boat ? great ! I won't have to pay for a hoverboard to slide on water in SL !
    2) PvM is a part of the game, even if you don't like it some of us prefer it over PvP, you not liking it doesn't mean there's nothing needed to be added/fixed. (and please don't tell me that "there's no worthy AC holes..." or would you fight hecks with anything else but chemical ?)
    3) no way you say ? I must've been dreaming then... in the dream (more like a nightmare) I had - NTs, that previously weren't all that good in pvp, pwnt almost everyone with a press of ONE button !!!
    4) Joey, this is, as you may notice from the post title, a wishlist - priority has little to do with it, be it minor or major, it all belongs.

Now stop countering everything that's proposed here and start thinking what needs to be fixed/added to improve our Prof !

1) a boat ? great ! I won't have to pay for a hoverboard to slide on water in SL !
    2) PvM is a part of the game, even if you don't like it some of us prefer it over PvP, you not liking it doesn't mean there's nothing needed to be added/fixed. (and please don't tell me that "there's no worthy AC holes..." or would you fight hecks with anything else but chemical ?)
    3) no way you say ? I must've been dreaming then... in the dream (more like a nightmare) I had - NTs, that previously weren't all that good in pvp, pwnt almost everyone with a press of ONE button !!!
    4) Joey, this is, as you may notice from the post title, a wishlist - priority has little to do with it, be it minor or major, it all belongs.

Now stop countering everything that's proposed here and start thinking what needs to be fixed/added to improve our Prof !
    Hi, my name is Joey.. I'm a pvm MA, I talk about pvp because this is where we need improvement defence-wise. Wishlist.. priorities.. not much difference.. and that's why I'm countering what is being proposed about melee fist buffs, not "everything", I started thinking about what needs to be done the day LE was released.

Did test on smug.. its in fact about 1k difference (7900 vs 8900).. pretty nice but still far from a priority imo.
    Last edited by Joey; Aug 30th, 2007 at 02:47:50.
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast