Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aliens getting stuck in trees... or just enjoying them lots..

Aliens getting stuck in trees... or just enjoying them lots..

I was wondering how many other cities experience severe bugs with alien pathing... particularly the tree dwelling invaders.. i calls them Treeliums ^_^

Sure it was fun for a while, running around a tree to aggro a bunch of aliens, but it's created so many problems. Here's the page I've used for like 5 petitions:
    http://www.wopstick.com/pathing/

For the lazier amongst you (who don't appreciate my screenies and rubbish photoshopped map >.<), some of the problems in our city include:

When stuck in trees:
    o- Aliens running around all over the place when they drop...
    (range issues all round)
    o- Massive attack spam.
    o- Random Hackers spawning when guildies leave the paved area.
    o- Successive waves merging into one
    In general:
    o- Ambushes of sorts when aliens attack from both sides
    o- Aliens banging into trees... and staying there...
    o- "hey! let's run off the other way, that'll teach 'em!"
    And yeah.. we can't stand elsewhere...

It's gotten to the point where people want to avoid using our city...
    I shouldn't have to moan and whine for like 5 mins just to persuade people..

Sooo, anyhoo.. does anyone else have the same sort of problem?
    Was it fixed? Was the /petition count in tripple figures?
    Did it take more than a year for you too? Do you have a better name than
    Treeliums? Are they scared of heights? Is there a winter on Rubi Ka?

Oooh, and for the next time you get bored, I prepared this for anyone to use =)

/petition Hi, I'd like to refer you to Http://www.wopstick.com/pathing/ reguarding alien pathing issues in our city at Gallway County: 600x2800.
    /delay 30000
    /tell pet nomatch 1

use thrice daily and rinse for best results^^

Our city had a problem like this we had aliens spwaning on our shop :/

it did make life hard but we still raided....but 3 weeks ago we moved the shop and re arranged alot of things now it is alot better :0)

and out pet's did resolve anything :0(

best way is to rebuild city so path from drop spot to CC is clear.
    You can be forced to abandon few buildings if one of the squares is located between CC and land spot. Or make non-colliding buildings there like grid exit.
    Asking funcom takes ages.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

The trees in our old city had special magnetic-alloy bark which drew aliens irresistably toward them.

Rather than trying to break this incredible force of nature many times I simply sat up in the trees waiting for the aliens to telport to them.

I'm still trying to decide if the trees have allied with the aliens or with my org.

On the one hand they seem to be trying to capture the aliens and hold them. On the other hand it makes us harder to kill them.

Perhaps I should try the tree morph and see if the aliens spawn on my head?

Our aliens loved our bar and our store. They would get stuck in and around it. We destroyed the bar, and put up a line of whampas instead.

They still get stuck on the store, but at least there we can agg them down, we couldn't get them out of the bar without flying up to them and playing bouncer.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

You can report the problem to Funcom and they will say that the problem has been sent to the "world builders" but that is as far as it will go. I have no faith our problem will ever be fixed. I think since this problem only effects relatively few people and those people can do a raid, even if it is very very annoying, it is well down on fc's things to fix.

Havent VE on RK1 got their dyna problem fixed in one of the patches?

Though I must say I missed those dynas... it was sort of nice to have mixed killing party of aliens and snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scorndog
    The trees in our old city had special magnetic-alloy bark which drew aliens irresistably toward them.

Rather than trying to break this incredible force of nature many times I simply sat up in the trees waiting for the aliens to telport to them.

I'm still trying to decide if the trees have allied with the aliens or with my org.

On the one hand they seem to be trying to capture the aliens and hold them. On the other hand it makes us harder to kill them.

Perhaps I should try the tree morph and see if the aliens spawn on my head?

Aha! The true reason for the alien invasion comes to light! They didn't come to destroy us or take our planet's resources.

...THEY CAME FROM THE FARTHEST REACHES OF SPACE.....
    TO HUMP OUR TREES!!!!

[/50sscifi]
    Solrekka - Taking the Scenic Route to 220
    Proud Member of Peace $ Love, Inc.!

"And so he says to me, 'I don't like the cut of your jib.' And I go, I says, 'IT'S THE ONLY JIB I GOT, BABY!!'"
    "We aren't unhappy, we're unpleasant." -My brother

Tree-humping aliens. THAT should have been the patch's name.

Your aliens need to get out more.

None of my aliens run for trees, they always come straight for us - though right after AI was introduced they just kind of sat there till they despawned. I was helping another org yesterday, though, and their spawn point was on the edge of a forest, the CT about 50 feet higher up the hill. The aliens had to run around a half circle to reach the CT. Kind of cool. They made it every time and it gave you plenty of time to potshot the hackers.

Arboreal Invasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

We got a similar problem. Aliens spawn on the roof of our notum silo. Talked to two arks in the past months, nothing happened. We can't rearrange the city, just demolish that building.

Our aliens sometimes get hung up on our mining unit, which we've demolished and rebuilt. Before you say just take it down or move it, this is a small city, with no free space to play with. Recently they've added a new pathing to themselves, where after they get stuck on the mine, they run away from the CT towards the zone border, and I have to go chase them down and bring them back!
    Ainen 220/21 Enforcer RK1- OutmodedWear

Ensign - Ankari'Sinuh: skjfhka!
    Field Support - Cha'Khaz: skjfhka!

For the most part our city isn't too bad, although on occassion the aliumz will spawn on top of the wompahs which can be awkward to get them down as lag (city is in Mort - a terrible lag zone for many players) sometimes sends you actually into the wompah......not good having the tank teleported to Reet Retreat in the middle of a raid. They sometimes try to sneak round the back of the CC and are subsequently picked off by the patrolling Xeno guards. However after reading some of the posts here and having seen first hand some of the Treeliums I think all in all we've not got too much to complain about.
    Venderim - 220/22/70 Soldier (RK1)

General of Aethyr Knights.

We get the multiple waves forming into one issue

On our raids the nice aliums like to hang out and wait for their friends until they meet then run at us all at once. ANd The nice thing is they all meet on the tops of our shops building in back.

I must fly up there on my yalm and see if they have left any alien grafitti there.
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!
    Proud General of (AoD) Anarchists of Destruction
    (AoD) spreading the path of destruction for over 3 years

We are recruting!

We had the problem, and still have it, in a way, but it's much better now. There seems to be a set of paths the aliens follow on their way to CC. We had to clear that path a while ago, removing our nice notum silo. You could easily see that they do not always take the same route. Most of the time they'd follow the "street", which is a good way to reach CC without bumping into anything. Sometimes they like to take a small or a big detour over the lawn, where our silo used to stand.
    What we did is rearrange the city a bit. There are some buildings they do not seem to get stuck on. Those are the towers. Not the skybar, mind you. And there are some that they can get stuck on, but it's not so bad. The landing pad for example. Aliens have an easier time to get around it than around a silo. Sometimes they sit on the pad, but you don't have to use a yalm to get them down. You can pull them, or just shoot them down.
    So, with towers and the pads in the bug's way, it works ok now. Had to demolish and rebuild a few buildings, but no more wasted space and no more yalming up to pull them down. Maybe there is a list of buildings that aliens do not get stuck on? Notum silo was pure horror, no way you can shoot them down and the general used to get stuck in the walls from time to time. You could see it, but neither pull nor attack it. /pet hunt would work sometimes, but that's about it. They never got stuck on our ECM tower so far, and the landing pad is an obstacle, but not an evil one...
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Unfortunately, I've seen aliens stuck on an ECM tower! It's that inscrutable Kyr'Ozch thinking at work.
    Ainen 220/21 Enforcer RK1- OutmodedWear

Ensign - Ankari'Sinuh: skjfhka!
    Field Support - Cha'Khaz: skjfhka!

HQ, Silo, Pool, Playershop, Skybar are evil ones.
    Landing pad and ECM is semi-ok.
    Never have nanoskill building or radar on their way - no comments.
    Whompahs are ok as long as you don't enter it by error.
    Grid entrance, cafe and guard house are clean.

That's it so far
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Thanks, that's nice info.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Aliens= A BUNCH OF TREE HUGGERS!

Unfortunately, there is no contruction between alien ship and CC. Only FC can do something about that. The aliens stuck in trees (including generals) tend to stay there out of sight. Mongo or /pet hunt can hardly make them move...
    Sometimes they jump and run far away, then the next wave comes in and so on....
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast