Thread: PvP titled docs

PvP titled docs

The PvP titled doc is going to be very scarce.

Cz answered a few questions for aovault recently including:
    from Developer Q&A #1

Q: With the NW came a lot of mass/team pvp, can you please explain how pvp titles work in a team fight? Who is getting the title increase? The one who did the most damage, the one who got the killing blow or is it split amongst all the team members? - Brancaleone

A: The PvP ranking in team PvP is handled exactly like in solo PvP; the kill goes to the one dealing the most damage on the victim, and points are gained and lost regardless of being in a team, i.e. ranking points (gained or lost) are not split among the team members.
    Since the damage output from docs will always lag that of other profs, duelling will continue to be the only source of PvP titles for docs. And, if you do combat teamed, you will only lose title points.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

be the high level player in the team and kick butt work?

nah, we just getting focked heal keep the team alive, but no points :\

To be honest, I could care less about the title thing.

Dualing in the arena is a waste of time, imo since it is a matter of who has the best outside buffs, and who gets the lucky shot.

Teamed PVP however is fun, docs can do some damage, cripple opponents (Enf with Queen Blade just beg for UBT/RP) and heal teamates. See a fixer? Dot 'em, RP'm.

Held your side defend or attack....
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

posted by Thyrra

be the high level player in the team and kick butt work?
    Actually, that brings up a good point. By the nature of how a team is built, it will tend to have 1 or 2 designated title earners. I can see some people refusing to team with certain profs out of a desire to gain title points.
    posted by Morelian

To be honest, I could care less about the title thing.
    I kinda agree with this. I was never that interested in going out specifically to gain a title. But, then again, the majority of my levels were not gained out of a specific desire to level. It was just a side effect of playing the game. Once the team change for PvP had gone in, I assumed the titles would become a natural side effect of participating in more battles. As it turns out, that was a false assumption.
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Shadow Ops

You get points even when teamed, you get points even if you dont do the most damage and you get points even if you didn't get 'reward' message. Lets say your Freshman and you see another Freshman. you initiate combat, do some damage and after a few second, someone help you and own the guy in 2seconds. Well you will simply get less points but you will still get some. The reward message only mean that YOU did the most damage, not that you gained points. Its works the same way as XP but its not shared with teamates. If a guy die, he can drop up to 16 pvp points and they are shared to the people of his title range. If 20 ppl attack a Neo, and among those 20 ppl, only one is Neo, well the guy who died will only lose something like 0.8 PvP points and the other Neo will only get 0.8 PvP points. The current system the devloppers are saying is totally wrong. I know, I gained Neo and I didnt kill a single Novice or Apprentice alone or even did the most damage. I just shooted everyone, and made my way to my current title. No way in hell I killed 5 App and 5 Novice.
    Last edited by Insida; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 19:28:11.

Actully, the dev is not wrong on this. The guy said that 'the kill goes to the person dealing the most damage to the victim' only the kill, not the point. Getting the kill means that you can loot the guy but the other still got the xp .

The last part of the dev's quote is "i.e. ranking points (gained or lost) are not split among the team members." If he's wrong, then he's wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Just to make sure, how long ago did you make your titles, Insida? You're sure it was under the new system?
    Shadow Ops

titles don't give any bonus, right?

it's just way to make your opponent think you killed a lot of players?
    original author of Helpbot

Yes, to my knowledge PvP titles give no combat advantage whatsoever. The only reason for them appears to be social in nature. Of course, guilds were the same way prior to NW.
    Shadow Ops

I got Neo last week. PvP point are not shared or given to people in your team BUT they are shared by the people who did damage to the victim. Teaming doesnt matter at all. Doing the most damage doesnt matter either. As long as you do some damage, you will get some points. Just an example. Lets say that 2 guys attack a player with 100 HP and guy#1 do 70 dmg and guy#2 do 30. Player#1 will get 70% of the point and player#2 will get 30%. If player#2 is not in the PvP title range of the victim, player #2 will still only get 30% of the points. It works the same way as exp. but its not shared with teamates, only with the damage dealers(but the damage dealer can also be your teamate).

Thanks, Insida, that's interesting. Since you got your title, I have to believe that it's something like that. But, sadly, it really sounds more complicated than what I've come to expect from FunCom.

I wonder when the damage done to a char gets removed from the equation. It would be strange to see someone suddenly get a new title in Babboons because someone he pounded on a couple weeks ago finally got killed. Maybe damage done to a char gets reset when he logs or zones. And I'd assume that both chars still have to be on the same server - maybe in the same zone. Anyone ever get a message saying a target died from your DoT after either of you zoned? I'm sure I haven't.

So, it's not as bad as Cz's response made it seem. Still, receiving fractional points for a kill but losing full points for dying will make titles less common on any profession will low damage output. So soldiers should do well because of high damage output and fixers should do well because evac keeps them alive. Strange to think that debuffs can be so effective in PvP yet don't help you get credit for the kill.

It would be nice if the damage healed on a person who survives a combat would count toward a title. But every implementation of it that I can think of would be highly exploitable.
    Shadow Ops

hmm

I would rather not have a title. I mean come on, Docs are already one of the biggest target on the mass PvP playing field, add a title would be like painting a target on my forehead.

Bah, who am I to talk, I was the moron whose nick is a dead giveaway.

No you dont lose the total number of pvp points either. If someone get 5 pvp points out of you, you only lose 5. When you zone, the damage you did on a target is reset to 0. It works like regular XP but points are not shared with teamates and if someone is outside your PvP title range he doesnt lose from you and you dont get point from him.

Hmm, I did went from high app to freshman in one evening after a 7 hour tower war ( which was lost in the end, dying alot, teamed most of the times, unteamed a few times)

Unless you find a magical place where you can duel other professions without having gaurds trained on you, and dont die -ever- in mass pvp / camelot, docs with a title are going to be scarce ;p We hardly "score"kills, if doing any damage at all. Busy healing, debuffing and the occasional special / normal attack.
    Unless you are fighting a team of morons you'll die, (loose points) much faster then you can gain them in mass pvp.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

okay now here is the tricky part what happens if you do damage to the guy and he heals it up or some one heals him does your damage become negated or does it still count as yeah he has done a certain percentage of damage to him/her and gets a certain percentage of pvp points
    Elitemedic Rimor Doctor

I wnet from nothing to rookie in 4 hours of teaming and pvping. I died only 2 tiemes.
    Well that day was big one i think that when George lost his apprentice.
    First 2 hours i didnt care about titel becasue was defending our base then when we attacked legion base in Belai i realy decided to go and try if its poibsle to get title as doc.

Its realy easy just need to play safe and get PNH OIR so you have unlimeted nanopool.

All becasue of dots.

I been running around AS then dot people like agnets, mas, traders, NTs. So what if they run into back when their HP is low ourdots do 6k pvp damge when they finished ticking it all adds up to your full damge. So i do lets say 2 AS 2k each plus my dots thats 6k damge and thats 8k damge done only by me. When that person get kileld you get points for it if that person havent zoned or you havent zoned/died.
    When iw as no titled i was doting freshmans.
    After i died i found out i am freshamn so i started to Dot Rookies
    I got points from vergil two times i got points from george once i got points from noer and other people i dont remeber but i been busy doting
    Then when Controler went down my teamtes says grats on rookie.
    Just dont dot fixer they dont die they evac, dont dot soldiers they usualy under tms so not much damge done and dont dot enforsers their rage removes dots. thats it. Ah yes easy to kill the defenders guild becasue they are kamikadzes and usualy not heavely buffed when they go to area .

Ah well pvping for titles not my style anyway so i let some people famr of me so i can get back to just Pomy .
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

You first explain how you did your best to get titles and after that you say 'Ah well pvping for titles not my style anyway '? Ugh. Btw you dont get points from Georg if he was apprent. It's max +/- 100 pvp points, and till Neo 1 title = 100 pvp points.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Since NW came out I've only gotten "credit" for one kill. And it was a gray title 4 MA who was teamed higher.

I felt kinda sorry for her even though she attacked me first, not the other way around.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Letah
    You first explain how you did your best to get titles and after that you say 'Ah well pvping for titles not my style anyway '? Ugh. Btw you dont get points from Georg if he was apprent. It's max +/- 100 pvp points, and till Neo 1 title = 100 pvp points.
    Well i live to try different things
    If you never try how do you know.

And he was rookie so ofcource i get points from him jsut like i get poitns from rookie vergil.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".