Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Upcomming nerf?

Upcomming nerf?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=267858

CZ quote: The SkillLockModifier wasn't supposed to affect damage values, but healing (First Aid and Treatment) and the use of gadgets (Grafts, etc). The way it currently works skews the damage balance completely, with specials recycling faster than intended.

Bye bye Coop/Spas earlier than 200 something? Too bad for the ppl that used time getting themselves Crepscule? Or did i read it wrong somewhere...
    Last edited by _-EscritoreS-_; May 28th, 2004 at 10:52:21.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

yepp, seems that they're investigating in removing the affect on weapon specials from skill lock. Got a triple set of skill lock imped and got somewhat shorter specials atm, but if they remove the affect on specials, I still got the skill lock mod on FA stims wich can save yer life

A tiny nerf for all us special addicts, but I don't think it'll affect one too much... or?

Well my specials with my 5% skill lock is a matter of 4 sec longer FA recharge on a 214 coop... just testet it today... that's quite a bit... imo... And that's only 1 imp...
    Last edited by _-EscritoreS-_; May 28th, 2004 at 11:19:02.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

That sure is quite a bit... I didn't test my Coop without my skill lock imps, but if -5 affects that much then it may be a lil bigger nerf than I expected...

Well, that would certainly explain why we dont have skillocks in our symbiants.
    One more thing to remove from our wish-list, yeay for FC =D
    Gimp IRL.

Shouldnt matter that much. Yes it will reduce our damage output a bit but I wouldnt be overly concerned.

After a day of AOparser in several teams I kinda consider soldier damage to be too good.. seeing as the only prof that ODd me was a shade going all out damage.

We are at our best 50% above a doc with MBC using DoTs. After the "nerf" we will still be be 50% above it still with spastic and for a MBCusing soldier with critsetup there will probably be an increase in sol vs doc damage.

I'd say those that will suffer most from this is proffessions that has used the skill lock in their symbiants to max out their damageoutput(Everyone using JAMEs and MBCs where skill lock has had a greater impact on recharge than fling/burst skill).
    My big Soldier & His Setup
    My little Soldier
    Mad, dangerous, and hairy beyond Reason

I love the thought that dumb people don't know who they are. I hope I'm not one of them.

this is a joke....

I did crepuscle armor I got a HoH I got the -6 l-hand, I even have a leg with -5

at 211 I got my SPB burst to 5sec, FA to 14sec 1/1 at full defense with 8% crit scope with this setup I OD allmost everyone except shades and go toes to toes with very high level MA's

this is a very damage increase and dont say that nerfing the skill lock wont affect, I chose the damage way I know my HP/AC/evades are nerfed to hell by using all this skill lock gear but I chose the way of the damage and now if they remove the skill lock from us soldier in my point of view will nerf my damage by a good percentage

I chose the SPB way with heavy skill lock and I dont regreat it, and I dont want to be a cookie cutter using a spastic

please correct the "action not avaiable" bug, but dont nerf us that chose the skill lock way, and I know some friend soldiers that did it too
    Last edited by akgis; May 28th, 2004 at 11:51:16.
    :: OMNI - Rimor - Adrastus II
    :: AKgis :: 220(16) :: A. Rifle Soldier - Setup - Me by MrFli
    :: HeavenFury :: 209(9) :: Pistol Adventurer - Setup
    ____
    Playing: WoW Server Skullcrusher(EU)

Originally posted by akgis

I chose the SPB way with heavy skill lock and I dont regreat it, and I dont want to be a cookie cutter using a spastic
    P. Blaster is just as much cookie cutter as spastic, really.

Dual Blackbirds to be original.
    Is being the first 220 Soldier with green hair as arbitrary as being the first soli/opi/atrox/mage 220 soldier? I sure hope so.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face forever." -George Orwell

Killer 100% - Achiever 60% - Socializer 20% - Explorer 20%

suxs big time if they do it.
    We are ALL about our dmg...

Originally posted by Deathstalker
    doesn't really matter, if they do nerf the skill lock in regards to the special attacks, that doesn't just mean us, it means everyone. So, visually it will look different, whereas everyone else goes along for the ride and we are still damage dealers.

No, its about tanking

Originally posted by Gaijin

doesn't really matter, if they do nerf the skill lock in regards to the special attacks, that doesn't just mean us, it means everyone. So, visually it will look different, whereas everyone else goes along for the ride and we are still damage dealers.
    Soldiers depend a lot more on specials if they use eg a Spastic.
    So we're screwed more.
    imho.

Originally posted by Zerosignal

No, its about tanking
    Soldiers, by definition, are dmg dealers, not tanks.

And if ur OD'd left and right, ur taunts dont fully work and u cant get aggro of the doc fast enough...
    I wouldnt even think of the tank thing.

Thats from my own experience playing a Doc/Sol on Raids, Team mish, Hecks and various fun stuff xping.

I only play for 5 month now...
    But i fail to see what Sols add beside dmg.
    Dont misunderstood me, i love my Sol.
    And soloing a 200 Slayer at 130 was just plain funny, or Mantis Queen at 150 and stuff like that.
    Still, its all about the dmg imho.

"The SkillLockModifier wasn't supposed to affect damage values, but healing"

That quote annoys me alot. I honestly don't think they added skill lock items into the game to give people that maxed out on it a few seconds faster first aid. I don't think items like the trader star has skill lock in it so traders can have a few seconds faster graft.

What I dont understand is why FC can't admit they screwed up and could not see the effects of skill lock in the long run.

Give us the code for full auto please and tell us how it's "supposed" to work.
    Madde

Free Hornyhedgehog! from censorship!

Originally posted by Madde

That quote annoys me alot. I honestly don't think they added skill lock items into the game to give people that maxed out on it a few seconds faster first aid. I don't think items like the trader star has skill lock in it so traders can have a few seconds faster graft.

What I dont understand is why FC can't admit they screwed up and could not see the effects of skill lock in the long run.

So true.

I fully support that request.

totally agree.

they try to repair somethin they were unable to foresee.skilllock clusters have been in the game for a long time.

as usual, the players are screwed.
    To be...or not to be
    Question...answer

Serge Gainsbourg

Soldiers, by definition, are dmg dealers, not tanks.

And if ur OD'd left and right, ur taunts dont fully work and u cant get aggro of the doc fast enough...
    I wouldnt even think of the tank thing.

Thats from my own experience playing a Doc/Sol on Raids, Team mish, Hecks and various fun stuff xping.

I only play for 5 month now...
    But i fail to see what Sols add beside dmg.
    Dont misunderstood me, i love my Sol.
    And soloing a 200 Slayer at 130 was just plain funny, or Mantis Queen at 150 and stuff like that.
    Still, its all about the dmg imho.
    Your taunts do work, I can hold aggro on targets without even attacking the target while a doctor is healing me thats how effective our taunts can be.

just a little FYI damage in AO is ment to be

NT's, MA's and Shade's

Soldiers are designed to be damage support and a primary tank

Once you have tried unmistakable victim + spastic damage and seen it hold aggro off a chainmongoing enforcer you will know that our taunts work

For any single mob except the beast I can tank it better than any enforcer I know when considering the minimum ammount of healing needed. Yes we lack their safety margin but I've seen many times during bad pulls where I simply throw up AMS then taunt each add once and aggro sticks like glue untill the primary target drops.
    Even the lowly Distinct victim will be able to let you hold 2 adds againts healaggro assuming you can hold the main target with damage.

Yes spastic will loose some damage but generally I think this is rather good, I've been ODing SMG fixers by 50-70% lately and personally I think that is wrong balancewise.
    The only professions that has matched me damagewise has been shades and MAs. And with our robust setup and high survivability we kinda have had it all for a while.
    Last edited by Inarion; May 28th, 2004 at 15:18:02.
    My big Soldier & His Setup
    My little Soldier
    Mad, dangerous, and hairy beyond Reason

I love the thought that dumb people don't know who they are. I hope I'm not one of them.

Originally posted by Inarion
    Once you have tried unmistakable victim + spastic damage and seen it hold aggro off a chainmongoing enforcer you will know that our taunts work

For any single mob except the beast I can tank it better than any enforcer I know when considering the minimum ammount of healing needed. Yes we lack their safety margin but I've seen many times during bad pulls where I simply throw up AMS then taunt each add once and aggro sticks like glue untill the primary target drops.
    Even the lowly Distinct victim will be able to let you hold 2 adds againts healaggro assuming you can hold the main target with damage.

Yes spastic will loose some damage but generally I think this is rather good, I've been ODing SMG fixers by 50-70% lately and personally I think that is wrong balancewise.
    The only professions that has matched me damagewise has been shades and MAs. And with our robust setup and high survivability we kinda have had it all for a while.
    so are you saying..... it's time for us to stop doing 10 second bursts and FA's on the spastics?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast