Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Testlive wipe and server merge testing strategy

Funcom employee Testlive wipe and server merge testing strategy

As result of a meeting we had we've decided the best way to test server merge is to do a full scale test.
    Doing this involves completely wiping the current database on Testlive and cloning RK1 and RK2's databases.

As result you'll receive your live characters from both live dimensions on Testlive.

After Testlive is online we ask you to login to testlive and verify your character is the same as it was on Live at the time of this post.

We apologize for the short notice and the loss of your Testlive characters. A database wipe is always a risk on Testlive.
    We will be able to do the best test (and most closely resembling the live environment) we can using this setup.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Nice idea, looking forward to its outcome.
    Last edited by Misat0; Jan 18th, 2013 at 18:47:39.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

how long you think test will be down Vhab?
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Awww, I'm going to miss my bow ma on test

When should we expect 18.6 to be patched to Test-Live? This current approach seems like a good way to do a full test of migration. I plan to check toons against AOIA, I have current Live toons on 1.0.1.488 and will check Test-Live with 1.1.4.0.

Kinnik

When you think about it this is kinda fun, the testlive is now a fork from live...

And no character transfer issues ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by TradeCorp View Post
    It's going to be brutal this whole server migration. People will be missing limbs and some people will have other peoples arms and legs and all BoCs will now in fact be hats that point outward like a cap.

The inhumanity!
    So I could have someone else alpha wrist on my eng, COOL!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    When should we expect 18.6 to be patched to Test-Live? This current approach seems like a good way to do a full test of migration. I plan to check toons against AOIA, I have current Live toons on 1.0.1.488 and will check Test-Live with 1.1.4.0.

Kinnik
    I forgot to confirm ...

Test-Live will still appear on AOIA as a different server from RK1 & RK2, correct? Even though it is a "copy" from the live databases?

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I forgot to confirm ...

Test-Live will still appear on AOIA as a different server from RK1 & RK2, correct? Even though it is a "copy" from the live databases?

Kinnik
    Yeah it have had, though having different version is issue in someways... Haven't used it too much so no experience...

When are we expected to be back online just paid for a month and want to play

Hopefully this means all the other needed dept. heads survived the bloodletting and are ready to hold hands with you and sing kumbaya while the merge processes.

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Any news as when we are back online?

I'm excited to log into TL and see how things work out. I hope all goes well, 'cause that would mean the merge for the live servers would be soon and not Soon™.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    I'm excited to log into TL and see how things work out. I hope all goes well, 'cause that would mean the merge for the live servers would be soon and not Soon™.
    Yeah, some new experiences...

^^ me 2

Any screenies of the new instanced city plots (large and small) and surroundings while we wait for the TL merge to process?
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Any screenies of the new instanced city plots (large and small) and surroundings while we wait for the TL merge to process?
    this! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    this! :3
    +2

also thanks to Genele for the info in the test patch notes regarding the upkeep changes!

fantastic job guys my toons seem ok on test ^^

can we have the prefs fold put back to where its ment to be please.

Looking good so far. Anyway, is there any chance you could let frozen paid accounts to log into testserver? At least on this occasion, since I guess feedback is pretty important...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast