Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Papercraft Leet

Funcom employee Papercraft Leet

Many years ago, when I still worked as a dev on AO, I made a papercraft leet doll for a very good friend. I just rediscovered the pattern for it on my computer, and thought I would share it with you. Download the PDF from the attachment or the link below, print it on cardstock, cut along the lines and glue it, and you have yourself a leet.

http://minus.com/l7XASRXJfbG3d

I remember the feet being a pain, because the mesh is based on the original mesh from the game, and Renate modeled the individual toes of the beast. Also, there are no instructions beyond this, so figure out what belongs where, and if you did it right, the result will look somewhat like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/enno/630701425/

/Win!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Awesome.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Too awesome for words. Thanks for sharing that.

Boah das is' cool
    Gruß aus der Heimat ^^
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Posted this on AOU, hope you don't mind
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

That's cool!
    Wasn't there a pattern at one point to make a soft toy leet?
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

instructions not clear. leet stuck in toaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    That's cool!
    Wasn't there a pattern at one point to make a soft toy leet?
    You mean this?

http://dyotron.net/leetdoll/sewaleet.pdf
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

my 4 parrots will blow them into the air and destroy them in seconds
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Woo! That's just so full of pure win Enno
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post

I want to get my crafty friend to make that for me...
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

What this thread needs is someone who's printed this out and built it. Other than Enno.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

This has more polygons than the ingame model.

Quote Originally Posted by MokiFoki View Post
    This has more polygons than the ingame model.
    Since it is that model, I wonder how
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

The only stuffed animal I've ever made is a bunny. However I am thinking I might try to make a crochet pattern for a stuffed leet. *ponders*
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Alright, now that we have a paper model... could we maybe get a nice 3d model - optimally as stl or step - to print our leets in 3d?

Yes, yes, I know, it probably won't happen, but I still haven't given up on hoping to have a little leet army sitting on top of my screen.

Sooooo, pretty please?
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Alright, now that we have a paper model... could we maybe get a nice 3d model - optimally as stl or step - to print our leets in 3d?

Yes, yes, I know, it probably won't happen, but I still haven't given up on hoping to have a little leet army sitting on top of my screen.

Sooooo, pretty please?
    Just this.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

My try at this, used white A4 so I guess its a Snowleet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast