Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 18.5.2 - Breed Change Item ?

18.5.2 - Breed Change Item ?

The patch notes for testlive have this line.

Various items have been created for the item shop.
    We would like some extra testing for these, so if you want to change breed or gender on your testlive character, ask a developer/gm to spawn them for you. Just provide them of the ID of the breed/gender change item you would want to test, verify that your character doesn't lose IP/Perk Points/Alien Levels/Nanos or similar when using the item.
    Does this mean that a breed change item will be coming to the item shop in the near future? This would be fantastic! Just curious.

It was suppose to be a one off feature of the rebalance release, so either its only going to be from the store for cash or a one off free use and from then on from the store.

Maybe there'll be a one-time free-use like free IP reset when at some point more substantial changes are rolled out? Apart from that it's probably an item for the cash store. Suitable for that I guess. I wonder if it includes a full IPR, else there's some nasty calculations in place for it O.o
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I am fine with it being int he store as I would really like to change a couple of toons that I honestly cannot be bothered to reroll. I don't have a problem with Funcom making money off of these kinds of things because it keeps the game servers powered on.

I agree Mastablasta and it sounds like that is what they want tested. I don't see how you could change breed without resetting every single point.

With this I'd like a side change to Neutral as well.

Aimzor - While I am with you that it would be nice to kind of reboot your char to a fresh state I would take breed change over nothing. On a personal note I would love the option to change back to neut.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Maybe there'll be a one-time free-use like free IP reset when at some point more substantial changes are rolled out? Apart from that it's probably an item for the cash store. Suitable for that I guess. I wonder if it includes a full IPR, else there's some nasty calculations in place for it O.o
    Only if they built it badly originally.
    * There should be a base skill value (calculated based on base attributes).
    * Equipped Gear
    * Buffs
    * IP Spent on Skill -> Value of IP Spent on Skill

Only need to recalculate item 1 which should be on-the-fly'able...

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Only if they built it badly originally.
    * There should be a base skill value (calculated based on base attributes).
    * Equipped Gear
    * Buffs
    * IP Spent on Skill -> Value of IP Spent on Skill

Only need to recalculate item 1 which should be on-the-fly'able...
    Based on the rest of the changes over the many years I think we both know the answer on how it was done vs how it should have been done (Software Engineer here so I cringe when I read about the things they have to do to make things work some times lol)

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Waitinqueue View Post
    Does this mean that a breed change item will be coming to the item shop in the near future? This would be fantastic! Just curious.
    Yes, there are a bunch of new items that have been added or are in the process of being added. This just means they are sitting in the database, and we can "turn them on in the item shop" outside of the patching process when it's convenient. So breed change will be coming to the shop in the near future. But we are still working on the roll-out schedule (when the items get turned on in the shop)... which we will announce ahead of time.

My opinion on Ip resets. No rounding should ever be involved in a IP reset. Even a skill emulator knows how much you should get back. The whole items giving extra ip is a crap story. Those toons owners don't play anymore and never will. If one system in ao needs gutted to its core and replaced this is it.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Aimzor View Post
    With this I'd like a side change to Neutral as well.
    TOKENS ARE IN "INGAME STORE" MAKE A NEUTRAL TOKEN BOARD THEN..IF IT CAN'T BE FREE IN GAME.

BUY TOKENS..BUY BOARD ^_=

"boards don't hit back!" Bruce Lee ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Gonna change all my toons into nanomage females. Giggity!
    Dat Nanomage posterior

suddenly: atroxes!

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce to you; NanoTrox!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...ageatrox-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    suddenly: atroxes!
    Confirmed: Lazy loves atrox surprise.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Confirmed: Lazy loves atrox surprise.
    Who doesn't love cabbage surprise ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Yes, there are a bunch of new items that have been added or are in the process of being added. This just means they are sitting in the database, and we can "turn them on in the item shop" outside of the patching process when it's convenient. So breed change will be coming to the shop in the near future. But we are still working on the roll-out schedule (when the items get turned on in the shop)... which we will announce ahead of time.
    Can you please reconcile your above statements with the following...

Means post Nov 21st, 2009...
    When these changes are eventually ironed out and they go live EVERYONE will have the opportunity to change breed once (and the sex of your character if you like) for free.
    and...

Means post Nov 22nd, 2009...
    That is pretty accurate actually (even possibly the week bit). Everyone will get one for free as that is the only way to be fair (even a 1% difference in performance apres balancing requires this). After that it is likely that this will be available for paid points or in-game currency. I want the choices players make concerning breed to mean something...those who are satisfied with their choice will not have any use for this system...those who are not will no longer have to re-roll their entire character.
    Is this still the case? Will we still get one for free, or have you decided that you are going to charge for it outright?
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Might just be me, but charging for something and giving it for free at some point are not at mutualy exclusive. But it's highly possible that that's been scrapped now that we're not going to be waiting for the big chromed patch like we were previously.
    The Red Brotherhood

Atrox Online...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast