Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rimor numbers

Rimor numbers

I realise that there probably have been many similar enquiries, but I'm thinking about reactivating my main account and was wondering how the regular player numbers are looking these days, on Rimor. I keep hearing that Atlantean is the busier server and I have a number of characters there, but Rimor has always been my server of choice and I'm still attached to an org there. Any opinions?
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

Their superior technology is no match for our puny weapons!!!!

Yeah I went over to Atlantean a while ago and rolled a couple of toons to see what all the supposed fuss was about. In short it didn't seem like that much of a difference. I didn't take part in PvP while I was over there because I didn't stay long enough to accumulate the resources for higher-end twinking, so maybe that's more active I don't know. But besides the fact that RK1 has points-based raidbots at TL7 and RK2 seems to prefer flatrolling (though I think the S42 raids are going to go points-based soon), I honestly don't see that much of a difference in activity/population between the servers.
    :E

inb4 "depends how many friends you have and how cool you are"

Pick-up teams ought to be the bread and butter for an MMO, if that's not possible at all/most level ranges. Then it's rather vacant.
    Everytime I've logged on, there's two handfuls of people in OA, and too often attempts at communicating in OOC are futile. Probably mostly afk.

Still love AO. Wish I could come back and play it. But not likely till the new engine comes out, and a flood of people join the server. Till then, I suspect it'll be rather empty, and who even knows if the engine is going to KEEP people around or not. Might be just a fleeting feeling after we see it and all it's smoothness.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Who knows if the engine is actually coming? It's been a while since they promised it and all we got were a few short clips of "god rays" and moving plants
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

I don't get where people come off questioning if it's coming. If it's being worked on, it's coming and we have evidence they are doing that, as well as monthly updates on the status of the activity from Lind. Some people need to learn how a business actual works, a publicly-owned business who has to report to shareholders on top of that.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 6th, 2012 at 15:17:47.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Because if you don't see every step of it, it doesn't exist.

Like DNA, the earth being round, dust mites, microbiotics, and vitamins. We can't see them, so we know they don't exist.
    Last edited by wonderland; Jun 6th, 2012 at 15:52:17.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

RK2 is all about sticking with your org / friends and gathering/keeping as many good ones of them as you can.
    Population problems are a double edged sword; veteran players don't really want a million "new" players to decend on the server; they're already unhappy with the dozen or ten heck noobs who graduate to inf per week. And the steady flow of froobs don't/can't really interest them.

The only reason the ones of us who stay; stay - is because what RK2 has to offer in PvP, raids and good company are sufficent to warrent hanging about.

Not the grandest of endorsements i'll grant you - but what can you expect in this time of austerity?

I don't think it's coming, lol. At least not before everyone leaves. And about rebalance, that won't happen.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

^^ I guess your post makes the following truth in your part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Because if you don't see every step of it, it doesn't exist.

Like DNA, the earth being round, dust mites, microbiotics, and vitamins. We can't see them, so we know they don't exist.

"Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I don't get where people come off questioning if it's coming. If it's being worked on, it's coming and we have evidence they are doing that, as well as monthly updates on the status of the activity from Lind. Some people need to learn how a business actual works, a publicly-owned business who has to report to shareholders on top of that.

So you think you know how this business works? Lol, okay... Funcom is "working" on the "new Engine" from 2007 now and many another updates like balance and breed change and stuff. We are getting updates since back then. Letting people wait for something cool for 5 years isnt imo really smart of running a business. Their share prices proof it lol. The numbers of people playing is going down with the day. Its time that they makes their promises come true. Before this game doesnt excist anymore:P

We should all give up now, since it's common knowledge that the world will end in dec this year
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I don't understand why we keep seeing these kinds of posts, when anyone can roll a froob account and in a few minutes see for themselves that there are plenty of players at any time in Bor.
    Babacratus
    - Clan Nano/Bureaucrat - Stumblin and Bumblin, he just might go all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Babacratus View Post
    I don't understand why we keep seeing these kinds of posts, when anyone can roll a froob account and in a few minutes see for themselves that there are plenty of toons sitting AFK at any time in Bor.
    Fixed.

Plenty? lol
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    Plenty? lol
    lol indeed
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    Plenty? lol

ok, 4.

Nice! If you can dual log 2 froobs you got a full team!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Torisha View Post
    Letting people wait for something cool for 5 years isnt imo really smart of running a business. Their share prices proof it lol. The numbers of people playing is going down with the day. Its time that they makes their promises come true. Before this game doesnt excist anymore:P
    I didn't say it was smart. L2Read buddy.

At any given point in time there are 20 people logged in in Rimor.

8 of them are AFK.
    3 of them are credit sellers.
    1 of them is an NT, kiting 3 of the aforementioned AFK-people.
    4 of them are bank toons.
    2 of them are buff mules.
    1 of them is the guy on Newbie Island figuring out how to /quit.
    The last one is you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast