Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 1st, 2011: No Need to Joke

Funcom employee Friday with Means - April 1st, 2011: No Need to Joke

Heyhey! Means is out of town today (he explains a bit more later in the post) but wrote this up yesterday for me to post in his stead. Enjoy!

-------------------------

Update Next Week:

Next week we will have a version coming out with a few small fixes and more importantly the first testable versions of the new in-game ad systems.

Engine and April 1st:

Every year around this time we sit around and think up clever little things we "could" have done to have a little fun with the whole April 1st thing. Like other years we are just too busy to make something flaky up. With the very real possibility that Duke Nukem Forever might release before our new engine does there is a certain looming ultimate irony in the air every day...who really needs more? Who would ever have thought that almost three years ago that "Before the release of DNF" would have anded up being a reasonable guess to when we might finish? We're going to have to keep working pretty hard to make it. On a positive note the new released version of the engine in Conan is running well and any small issues in that area are being taken care of quickly...it is going to be great to get some assistance from those guys in our efforts to really dig in and get this done...we really can't wait to get this out...I want to stand and look at our world in it's renewed state and share it with all of you. I'm also looking forward to not only the facelifting of old areas but pushing the boundaries of what we'll be able to do with NEW areas.

Profession Work:

The NT document was shared with the professionals earlier this week and is apparently in good enough shape now that Genele felt there was not enough reason to hold it back from the open community for another week. So they will be including it in today's post for the review of the NT population at large...we almost made it for the 7th annual NT party (was great fun...hosted by DJ Klinical in the grind) every NT should be sure to make it to next year's event. The reevaluation of all profession tools is going quite well and with only agent remaining I think we are all looking forward to digging into the implementation and testing of these changes. Perks and other systems will undergo at least one more change (after Agents) before anything will be hitting the Test environments in any shape as since the release of the initial perk documents a lot of things have changed and the process has evolved significantly. There are so many good changes in here...but it is going to be quite interesting to see how it all hangs together. I can't wait.

Kintaii Edit: The NT document can be found in the following thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=588733

Other Stuff:

The devilish duo of artists Flaptoot and Mstrbsrd were supposed to be arriving in Montreal to rejoin the teams on April 11th. Unfortunately Canadian immigration is a bit swamped at the moment so they will hopefully get here around the end of the month instead. We miss them and we're looking forward to getting them here with the rest of us. Sure they can work without us there...but it isn't the same.

A new code intern will be joining the team at the end of April. Thank you to everyone who applied. This program has gone so well in the past I imagine this will be something we continue to run in the future. AO +1! It's going to feel crowded in our area at the end of this month.

*WARNING* - Personal Content!

I'll be in Toronto this weekend for the first time in many, many years. Though I was born there I haven't really lived there since I was about 19...and now that there are no longer dinosaurs roaming the streets and it is safe to go out...where should I take my kids on Saturday morning?

Have a great weekend everyone!

~~Colin "Means" Cragg
    Game Director, Anarchy Online

German Translation: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=588731
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

/popcorn in anticipation for NT doc
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

First!

Crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Third!
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

rawr you better be glad i had to /bio
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

dinosaurs are hibernating, once its warmer they appear again on the streets
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

last
    :: Azur "Kitace" Korza : 211/24 Fix ::
    :: Siri "Sirace" Autarii : 60/6 Enf ::
    :: Adria "Firace" Godfray : 182/9 Adv ::
    :: Tanis "Kirace" Solaris : 150/10 Doc ::
    :: April "Mirace" Mirana : 150/14 MA ::
    :: Reindeer of "Firepaw16" Funk : 121/0 Agent ::
    :: Ansi "Serace" Sereia : 133/12 Sol ::

'Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice.'

why not, first page :-D

1st page

...and don't forget....Personal Furnaces need to stack
    Last edited by Stigman; Apr 1st, 2011 at 21:35:42.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

woooot
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Postin ina joke thread

1st page
    Blood "Redfist" Dripping 174/24/42 MA [Pure PvP Fun]
    getting pretty close now

{planned AI-24 setup}
    Proud Haven ganktoy
    {FB} {URL}

Never been on the first page, whee? Also never posted anything in FWM based on my location in the thread.
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Obviously that is a duck.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

page 1!
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Yay!
    When a man can pretend to be someone he's not... to get something he doesn't necessarily deserve. Sometimes, all you need is a lab coat.

awsome
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Nanobots 220 Nano-Technician
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    Milajojovich 213 Agent (soon to be 220)
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

moreeee... beeeeerrr

Edit: what can I say, gotta love Duke references...
    Last edited by Niles; Apr 1st, 2011 at 17:59:36.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast