Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Jan. 14th, 2011: Moving Jitters...

Funcom employee Friday with Means - Jan. 14th, 2011: Moving Jitters...

Hey guys! Means is running around doing various Moving Stuff™ today so he wrote this up a bit earlier and asked me to post it in his stead. Here's today's update from the Main Man himself! =D

--------------------------------

It is amazing how quickly the time is flashing by right now. Flights are being booked, shipping is being arranged, the ancient AO internal systems are being dissected....all the fun moving stuff is getting done. I am quickly discovering that I have been in Norway for seven years...and have all the stuff and little things to take care of that a seven year stay requires. I have no idea how I am going to manage to finish all these little things...but my flight leaving on the 25th of January (complete with dog + cat) is set in stone. I had no idea that much stuff was in my basement and all the absurd things that have ended up there. I am not looking forward to carrying that giant CRT monitor up the stairs...

Work on the engine is progressing well with multiple ocean volumes now displaying reasonably correctly in the client. Water is handled completely differently in the new engine so some changes are going to have to be made to the world for the water to work in some locations.

The first version of the Doctor Document I have been told should be ready today for inclusion today. We had some issues with the forums not handling the Trader file so we will be postponing the release of the Trader document until the Professionals have had an opportunity to give their feedback first.

Wish us luck!

Colin "Means" Cragg
    Game Director, Anarchy online

Edit: Balance Discussion Doctor Nano Document Thread
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

omg doc stuffs
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

3rd!
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

4th
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

1st... page ?

Kintaii.. you forgot to add the date ^^
    Last edited by Tikra; Jan 14th, 2011 at 16:30:07. Reason: cos i can

The forum cant handle the trader file?
    ಠ_ಠ

Frist!

Nerf j00! For posting while I didn't have connection
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    The forum cant handle the trader file?
    Oddly enough... no. >< Really not sure what went wrong there - Just absolutely refused to let itself be uploaded as an attachment. We worked around it a bit, and will have to do so again when we go to post it to the public, but it definitely had us annoyed for a while. >< Either way, as of today the Professionals are getting a chance to peer over it, and we'll hopefully be able to show it off in the next week or so. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    We had some issues with the forums not handling the Trader file so we will be postponing the release of the Trader document until the Professionals have had an opportunity to give their feedback first.
    Out of all the previous successful documents, NOW you suddenly have trouble uploading the trader document? Do you have any idea how fishy it sounds?

Better be up by monday...
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Stuff™
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

insert troll
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Out of all the previous successful documents, NOW you suddenly have trouble uploading the trader document? Do you have any idea how fishy it sounds?

Isn't it obvious? the uploader got 'drained' to death..

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Clearly you've never used a computer before. Otherwise you would know that all manor of flukey/unexplainable things can happen.

Ooh... sounds menacing!!!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

HmmIwasgoingtopostawittycommentherebutsomehowinspi rationisntworkingsowhattheheck...

FIRST!!!!!

So, whats the deal with traders again?
    Last edited by Lusos101; Jan 14th, 2011 at 16:42:35. Reason: Docsdocsdocsdocsdo
    Gustatus similis pullus.

The crying, the crying!!!! Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Oddly enough... no. >< Really not sure what went wrong there - Just absolutely refused to let itself be uploaded as an attachment. We worked around it a bit, and will have to do so again when we go to post it to the public, but it definitely had us annoyed for a while. >< Either way, as of today the Professionals are getting a chance to peer over it, and we'll hopefully be able to show it off in the next week or so. =)
    It sure does sound like the elements and gods are trying to stop the madness that is upon us. Have mercy!
    ಠ_ಠ

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast