Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can't "Mark Forums Read"

Mark forums as read

I can't mark forums as read, when I press link at bottom of front page, I get error:

vBulletin Message
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Same behavior in all browsers, not just FF I usually use. Is it just me or it's new bug after recent forum downtime?
    i R not spik engrish

I am getting the same error code on Firefox 3.6.12 & Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385 (with IE in 32 bit or 64 bit modes) while using Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) or Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit).

It started a couple days ago, but since I was busy with family stuff involving the holidays I just dismissed it as something to worry about later.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Nov 27th, 2010 at 18:27:18.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Its a bug since the long downtime of the forum !

Same here - contact send to administrator...

Omni,Clan,Neut - doesn't matter....

Can't "Mark Forums Read"

Hi all, anyone else having this problem?

Ever since the forum crashed / where taken offline fir some reason I have been having the following problem:

When I click the "Mark Forums Read" link on the bottom of the mainpage, Iget:

vBulletin Message
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    Edit: deleting cookies didn't help.
    I'm on Firefox 3.6.12, Win7 (and on XP)
    Going to "Forum Tools" and choosing "Mark This Forum Read" works.
    Last edited by HilloPurkki; Nov 28th, 2010 at 12:12:26.
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Videos Our Videos

Its a permission setting that hasn't been set, they just haven't Allowed us to use the mark all read only via each sub section after the forum crashed/was taken down

I hope they enable it soon.
    Makes life easier.
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Videos Our Videos

Bump. =(
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

This needs another bump!

Fix the forums!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

It is another day with this issue, so this thread needs another bump.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

While the issue described is certainly correct, there is a workaround. In fact, I have always used the workaround - not realizing that the option to mark all forums as read existed.

Just double click the button to the left of the forum name. When done clickong all of them, refresh your browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylayer View Post
    While the issue described is certainly correct, there is a workaround. In fact, I have always used the workaround - not realizing that the option to mark all forums as read existed.

Just double click the button to the left of the forum name. When done clickong all of them, refresh your browser.
    I tried your example. After completing the process I clicked on the "new posts" link & still have over 9 pages of threads with unread posts.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    I tried your example. After completing the process I clicked on the "new posts" link & still have over 9 pages of threads with unread posts.

I don't use the "new posts" feature, but rather just look at the button to determine if there are new posts.

In order to completely remedy the situation you have to go into the sub-forums (Profession Academies, RK1, RK2) and click on the post indicator buttons there as well.

I would wager, that most people don't read every post in every forum (which is why the mark posts read option even exists); and that most people are interested in only certain posts in certain forums. I find using the individual buttons satisfactory for this purpose.

Of course, ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    It is another day with this issue, so this thread needs another bump.
    /this
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

The issue remains.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Thanks Tazalanche, I keep meaning to bump this thread and always find that you beat me to it.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

No worries.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Too few people miss this feature for someone to care :|
    i R not spik engrish

Apparently.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Still bump for fix, I cant be hard to fix one small permissions change and its done

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast