Thread: Cant run AO!

Cant run AO!

I'm running WIn7 Home Premium.

When I open up the client, it loads the login screen, and I can login, and select a character. But when the login screen closes out and the client is supposed to open up, it doesn't.

what's really odd is that it worked all the way up until today.

I don't really know what to say except to try a fresh download/install of the client. It's pretty quick to do these days. Just save your pref-folder so you don't have to redo your ingame setups again.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

tried a fresh install of AO, patched it, and restarted my computer, still no dice. I also tried setting all of the .exe files to windows XP compatibility mode and run as administrator, still no dice.

Also, my AO installation is on a different drive than my windows installation.
    Last edited by Pixel8; Sep 13th, 2010 at 02:32:18.

This actually sounds like your gfx settings ain't right.
    In the launcher, go to Settings and try the different rendering device options.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    This actually sounds like your gfx settings ain't right.
    In the launcher, go to Settings and try the different rendering device options.
    thanks, that fixed it