Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No more lowbie towers

No more lowbie towers

Remove lowbie towers. Make all towerfields lvl 175 minimum. This will make another incentive for lvling and a lot of problems for new players go away. No more groups of new players being wiped out by a single guy when trying to take a towerfield. Much less exponation of the balance issues that run rampant at lower than TL7 pvp.

Overall a much better implementation than currently. Also, the number of towersites should be reduced to accomodate the lower number of players currently in the game, making the highend towersites that much more attractive.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Bump, there are way too many TL2 towers. There should be more TL4/5/6/7 towers in their place.

I see no reason behind playing as a low level in AO. We should roll lvl 200 characters and im serious here.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Remove lowbie towers.
    Remove Mastablasta please.

Just because some players like something you dont, you would like this removed ?

No more groups of new players being wiped out by a single guy when trying to take a towerfield
    No one is forced to own a field, no one is forced to attack one.
    You dont want to pvp at a certain level, dont plant a field in this range ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

No one is forced to play a game at a huge disadvantage that takes all the fun of playing. But of course people do. Thats why the servers are constantly overloaded with players and everywhere you go you see huge PvP battles.

Really...
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Might be a bit drastic, but if i had to choose that is the only suggestion in this thread i could even remotely support

When OSB's go a single toon will not dominate tower fields at low levels.

Remove twinking & AO dies tomorrow.

I'm all for more towerfields for higher TLs but your suggestion, sir, is stupid or counterproductive at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    some still will, but we'll start to see real fights.
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    This.

And in response to OP: No.

And in response to whoever brings up changing pvp level ranges: No

(Whoops guess that was me).

Well there's not much to expect from guys that think about twinkin as r click - item equipped,
    they all blow the forum about this big achievement of having a 220 while abusing words like ''endgame'' or ''unique setup''.
    100 mil creds for you Masta if you can put 90ish implants on a lvl 18 toon (med twink).
    or 500 mil creds for ql 115 implants on same lvl toon (hard twink).
    Prove yourself...professional..pfff
    Last edited by mocs; Sep 7th, 2010 at 09:16:42.

Did you trip over a lowbie tower and stub your toe or something?

Quote Originally Posted by mocs View Post
    blah blah blah blah
    You're gonna eat those words.

On Topic: I can see the suggestion having a good basis to funnel people into levelling and solving the TL6-7 PvP "crisis", but removing low level tower fields is a bit extreme.

Finding an ulterior incentive to maintaining low level twinks should be looked into.

Ragerayden said: "Remove twinking & AO dies tomorrow."

I believe, sir, I do agree.
    If blood is thicker than water, then you'll drown quicker than we intended.
    Tiny "Furrybubbles" Everwhere - 216 Adventurer
    Seven years in game, and still exploring. 220 can wait.

I'm strongly against removing lowbie towers, but I'm all after complete review of PvP situation around tl1-4 and tl5 aswell. If Funcom will manage to change NW mechanics with taking a serious look into lowbie PvP abilities of professions - lowbie towers might become really interesting to do.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-Marius View Post
    ...sir....
    What words? Bla bla bla bla?

Just because some players like something you dont, you would like this removed ?

No one is forced to own a field, no one is forced to attack one.
    You dont want to pvp at a certain level, dont plant a field in this range ...
    Noone is forced to play the game. This is exactly right and your own argument invalidates your argument.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by mocs View Post
    Well there's not much to expect from guys that think about twinkin as r click - item equipped,
    they all blow the forum about this big achievement of having a 220 while abusing words like ''endgame'' or ''unique setup''.
    100 mil creds for you Masta if you can put 90ish implants on a lvl 18 toon (med twink).
    or 500 mil creds for ql 115 implants on same lvl toon (hard twink).
    Prove yourself...professional..pfff
    I'd like that 500 million then, I have a lvl 15 agent with ql 80-90 implants that I made in 2004, which was what you would call a "hard twink" at the time. Doing things like that now is a piece of cake, and frankly doing it at any level is just a matter of spending enough time on it, tediously laddering implants up to the next step. I've had numerous twinks across time, but then how could you know that? And why don't I bother with them today? Because they're not worth my time.

And then there's the rest of your noobness on display in your post about how a 220 is just a rightclick and you're done thing. I guess maybe a lot of it is now, but then that wasn't the case when I made my character and doing the things I did was something noone else had done and people went "wtf how did you do that". Of course, how would you know that? Oh that's right, you wouldn't, because you're some noob who thinks he's the king of the hill because he can sit and farm some credits to buy a couple items and farm some junk to equip that +1 to skill better than the guy who didn't bother doing any of it.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Sep 7th, 2010 at 13:07:17.
    The Red Brotherhood

Noone is forced to play the game. This is exactly right and your own argument invalidates your argument.
    erm ...

there's a difference between "not being forced to do something" and "being forced to not do something"

I ll explain a tad more, as it seems very complicated :

1st one : if an org is not pvp oriented and doesnt want to get killed while defending thier field in med suit and xp pistol => they can ignore tower fields... it's not as if "lowbie" tower field give that much advantages. (and actualy, with the current APT mechanisme, they have a chance to defend a field... and will have even more chances when OB nerfs hit live.)

2nd one is : if someone under TL7 wants to do some tower war ... well, they cant, because Mastablasta decided that the game should start at TL7, and there is not *any* fields in their range.

Clearer ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

erm ...

there's a difference between "not being forced to do something" and "being forced to not do something"

I ll explain a tad more, as it seems very complicated :

1st one : if an org is not pvp oriented and doesnt want to get killed while defending thier field in med suit and xp pistol => they can ignore tower fields... it's not as if "lowbie" tower field give that much advantages. (and actualy, with the current APT mechanisme, they have a chance to defend a field... and will have even more chances when OB nerfs hit live.)

2nd one is : if someone under TL7 wants to do some tower war ... well, they cant, because Mastablasta decided that the game should start at TL7, and there is not *any* fields in their range.

Clearer ?
    No, you only highlight the problems of AO further in your post and those are what should be eliminated. If you don't see the problems, then obviously you're not thinking hard enough.
    The Red Brotherhood

Sorry but Mastablasta just destroyed Gridpain's argument.

/threadwin

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast