Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18.3.12 Update Release Notes

Funcom employee 18.3.12 Update Release Notes

- All hostile nanos (debuffs ie: UBT) should now be removed from pets after the death of the Master.

- A new version of the "Mine" pvp area is available for testing for 200+ level players. Many suggested changes have been made in this version. Thank you all for the excellent feedback so far on this area.

- The Penumbra Garden Key quest should now correctly provide a significant XP/SK reward.

- Master of Psy-Mod Alien mothership boss has been "toned down".

- Prophet Abad Mord should now be properly available to exchange Insignias.

- Crypt of Home monsters are now tab-selectable by Neutrals (Now "monsters" rather than "neutral" sided.)

- Daily Missions: Scooplet Outbreak should now scale properly with the player's level.

- Daily Missions: Aegan/Mutant Domain Infestation should now scale properly with the player's level.

- Daily Mission: Cyborg Infiltration - Combined Info Tool has should no longer have too high requirements for low level players.

- Daily Mission: Aegean Infestation - Aggressive high level monsters should no longer attack low level players in this area.

- Fixed several exploits.
    Last edited by Means; Aug 17th, 2010 at 12:09:34.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Thanks for the fixes

Any word on the Omni Pen Garden XP Reward Quest fix making it in?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - All hostile nanos (debuffs ie: UBT) should now be removed from pets after the death of the Master.
    Both in and outside battlestations? While you are at it, debuffs aren't removed when BS ends. Not dramatic but still annoying.

Same for aggressive auras. Engies' snare aura is removed from pets on zoning but all other offensive auras are not which often gets you flagged when you zone.
    blah

- Fixed several exploits.
    several aye? oO now you're scarin me
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Would be nice if all offensive/hostile auras where removed when zoning, i know this is done with engi pet auras, add it to nsd/blind aura/etc (engi reflect ripper that is) and crats as well, like dead man walking.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Waitinqueue View Post
    Thanks for the fixes

Any word on the Omni Pen Garden XP Reward Quest fix making it in?
    Yes. Thank you...I missed adding that to the notes. Corrected now.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

- The Penumbra Garden Key quest should now correctly provide a significant XP/SK reward.

Sigh, and I finished it on my trader on the weekend

Do appreciate it though, thanks
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Same for aggressive auras. Engies' snare aura is removed from pets on zoning but all other offensive auras are not which often gets you flagged when you zone.
    What about removal of Keeper auras on zoning 1st?

We already forced to waste 20+ sec recasting pet snare auras each time we zoned (or even 2-3 min, if engi not wasted extra IP into nanoskill otherwise required once per 2 hours) - removing more nanos on zoning will only increase inconvenience.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Great news about Master of Psy Mod.

Can you also take a look at the levels in the cocoon room? The Cocoon Attendant is appropriate to the level of the mish, but he doesn't drop any LE types. The cocoons and the Cocoon Accelerator (the real boss) are always much lower, making the loot useless.

the removal on zoning for intrusive auras was added not to get ganked by entering a city with the pet aura running, atleast i remember it not being removed 3+ years ago. It is major annoying to have to rebuff it everytime you die in bs, especially since you have to swap out atleast 3 items to cast it in a pvp setup. Shame it won't be changed around just in bs.

Also, a very big thank you for FINALLY removing pet debuffs on dieing. The prof ring can only be used once in a while and having those debuffs on the pet makes a pet class semi-useless for 5 minutes.

Is the disabled xp goes to pool in this patch? I'm really looking forward to that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    Is the disabled xp goes to pool in this patch? I'm really looking forward to that one!
    Probably not in 2010.
    ಠ_ಠ

So there is no new graphics engine in this patch?
    No profession balancing and no AI missions?

Patch sucks.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

- Crypt of Home monsters are now tab-selectable by Neutrals (Now "monsters" rather than "neutral" sided.)
    Woot. Thats sweet.

I was wondering if the same could be applied to the Dusties from the Dust Brigade instances in PW. I never could figure out how those where suddenly neutral.

new pvp area so much fail right now,i hope it changes
    Imno "Ubermensch" Angel 220/30/70 MA
    Revengeof "Jiltedthief" thegankers 220/30/70 Agent with ultimate smacktalk skeelz Retired
    Obeywhat "Elmayra" says 220/24/70 Doc with 275k+ Alien kills
    [Tnet] Manicmouse: bring back the I WIN button, cos omni really need help
    Reading doesnt change who you are but what you will do
    IM GRAMMATICALLY AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondHuman View Post
    new pvp area so much fail right now,i hope it changes
    what are the changes that make it a fail ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    Great news about Master of Psy Mod.

Can you also take a look at the levels in the cocoon room? The Cocoon Attendant is appropriate to the level of the mish, but he doesn't drop any LE types. The cocoons and the Cocoon Accelerator (the real boss) are always much lower, making the loot useless.
    I think this might already be fixed in a previous update. Let me know if this isn't the case now.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Speaking of the loot table, is it intended that I get level 50 bios from easy missions at 49, which means I can't install them on level 75 armor or weapons, because level 50 weapons and armor at level 49 is laughable?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I'll check again today, but as of last week I was getting level 206 cocoons and Cocoon Accelerators for 220 "medium" (normally ~240-250 boss).

I know there was a recent change to make QL of loot match the level of the boss, which is working nicely. In this case, however, the boss itself is a lower level than the mission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast