Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Null Space Disruptor

Null Space Disruptor

PVMers think of NSD as a MP debuff..Our fault we call NSD two things.

Us pvpers know it ALSO as an engi reflects debuff, and not a delicate one, it's actually quite a brutal one.

[Edit] nvm I was looking at the nano casting the aura, and not the aura itself. It does have a check.

Still, unless I go NR2 or something, that thing would still land, it's not like soldier's classic NR setting protect from anything.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Ocene; Aug 16th, 2010 at 00:10:30.

I mean...

can I have an aura with 0% NR check...that remove 1000 AAD.. or 15 blockers..??

then we can start to call it even.

The problem with giving it even a 100% def check is the standard soldier NR still won't counter it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

True, ... I had to start somewhere.

you suck ocene, but yeah, NSD is crappy against soldiers, I pissed many soldiers off with it in my days.
    Agent Qualifications, Pvp League v2.0

Total
    Lupusceleri 4
    Apothis2 0
    Zeet 6
    Hexous 5
    Numavezi1 5

Like i told Ocene in-game..

Give it a defense check. Change -48 reflect AC to -25~ reflect AC. Remove the ability to spam it (increase the nanocast time). And fixed.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

The checks on nsd are working as intended, if you have nr, you can resist it.. if you dont you wont... rather simple out of the box thinking.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Attack skills: Matter creation 34 % Time and space 33 % Matter metamorphosis 33 %
    Defense skills: Nano resist 100 %

That's the check on null space disruptor. I've certainly both resisted it and had it resisted enough times. Spammable nanos will land sooner or later tho, even if you go nr2.

I see soldiers resist it all the time, decent ones anyway, not like engi's twink there nanoskills.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Nsd doesnt have and never had 0% def check thats just the aura running on the engi what you posted . Either some of you are drunk or the question is "How the heck did you get 220 :S "
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

1st glance ragers
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

I just took his word for it - never actually bothered checking the def check on NSD because since it hits me all the time, didn't matter to me what the check was.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Now that I recall. I once went FP engi on my agent, casted NSD, then went FP soldier and tried to outsmart a soldier by running NSD so id have more reflects than him after it landed

Needless to say i was a little pissed when i realized it wouldnt land.

So the defense check exists. But it lands on my agent with 1900 NR and I know soldiers don't have that much. Whats worse is other FP'd agents (who have FAR less nanoskills than engis) can also land NSD on my agent with 1900 NR just as easily.

I remember fighting Deathmaster1 in old athens, he went engi for NSD since there was a soldier in his team that buffed him with other soldier crap, and the self-buffed RRFE i had always disappeared when i got too close.

Make the def check 150% and lower the reflect AC. GO GO!
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

do you not want to have any nemesis anymore? borrow reflect got nerfed already. le nukes are leaving. what else do you want? 500 more ar like the enforcers?
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    do you not want to have any nemesis anymore? borrow reflect got nerfed already. le nukes are leaving. what else do you want? 500 more ar like the enforcers?
    Rock paper scissors design ruined PvP to start.

And anyone with roots, snares, init debuffs, and stuns can all be seen as a "nemesis prof" at some point in the biggest 2 minute situation all soldiers exist in. (AMS up / AMS down time).

Root and run, snare and run. Debuff to stop AMS from going up, stun to stop AMS from going up. Etc.

I want an aoe nano that removes coon and all other absorbs.

Then I want another class to get an aoe healmod debuff that randomly debuffs heals 0-50%.

Then an aoe nanoskills debuff for mp's.

In short I want an aoe buff that kills everyones defences and it should be designed so that it lands as often as null space disruptor lands on soldiers.

Then we will see how much fun ppl would think it would be.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Aug 15th, 2010 at 23:24:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    I want an aoe nano that removes coon and all other absorbs.

Then I want another class to get an aoe healmod debuff that randomly debuffs heals 0-50%.

Then an aoe nanoskills debuff for mp's.

In short I want an aoe buff that kills everyones defences and it should be designed so that it lands as often as null space disruptor lands on soldiers.

Then we will see how much fun ppl would think it would be.
    Because aimedshot/full auto that rips through coon isn't enough?

If this nano wasn't aoe, it wouldn't change your whining so lets not pretend the aoe is the issue. Healdebuffs already exist

Yet again the aoe on this nano isnt the issue, so lets not pretend.

This doesn't kill your defence, you still have reflects under tms/ams albeit a lot less. Its a 22 second nano with 100% check and is consistantly resisted by soldiers with nr. This nano isn't op'ed. Lets stop pretending people
    Secretly Clan

But it's fun to be in godmode for 1:20 unless a zerg passes you by amirite?

I still think NSD should not be an aura, and should be much harder to land. All an engi has to do is stand near soldiers, and it's game over.

That thing has ruined my fun for enough years already.

Because aimedshot/full auto that rips through coon isn't enough?
    Never said it wasn't. And it's going away too, isn't it?

If this nano wasn't aoe, it wouldn't change your whining so lets not pretend the aoe is the issue. ?
    You are correct, it would still be bad if it were a regular nano.
    Are you sure that's the argument you wanted to make?

Healdebuffs already exist
    Rly?

Let's make them aoe,too, since you seem to be supporting that concept.

Yet again the aoe on this nano isnt the issue, so lets not pretend.
    I submit that it is. I think it's overpowered not just against soldiers but against any group. But ofcourse especially against soldier which rely most of all on reflects. You can pretend whateverthehell you want. But don't try to tell me what opinions I should or houldn't have.

This doesn't kill your defence, you still have reflects under tms/ams albeit a lot less.
    Maybe you don't quite know how ams works. It does have a downtime, during which the soldier gets zero reflects with this nano running. Under ams the soldier gets to keep a whopping 30% ish. Which means specials cap and such.

Its a 22 second nano with 100% check and is consistantly resisted by soldiers with nr.
    I'd like to hear what you mean by consistently. I just cast nsd 50 times on my 220 engi with my soldier standing next to him. the result: 44 times it landed and 6 times the soldier resisted. Feel free to verify this.
    Btw the engi is not endgame while the soldieris.

Which means a land rate of 88%. 12% is resisted. Is that your idea of consistently resisting?

This nano isn't op'ed. Lets stop pretending people
    Howabout you stop trying to tell ppl what to think? Any nano that nulifies or strips two thirds of your opponents defence that is only resisted 12 times out of a hundred is textbook for overpowered. I'd love to see what docs would think of a 66% heal debuff that is spamable and lands 9 times out of 10, etc.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Aug 16th, 2010 at 01:10:38.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast