Thread: PvP - auto ignore.

Arrow PvP - auto ignore.

I don't care if I win or lose. I just enjoy it for a different set of AI.

Please make an "auto ignore" option.
    Meaning, that as soon as I die or kill someone, they go on /ignore and I can't contact them either. The /tells to them get blocked like with some cases of trying to contact an ARK.
    (I remember once having to send a second petition to tell them to turn their ignore off.)

Reasoning is that I don't want to hear people raging or crying. Don't want to hear them crowing either. Distasteful how poor winners or losers they are.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Isn't that half of the fun? Tears make victory taste all the better..

Hm I don't think this is needed.

Provision would quit...

So maybe a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

No ty. Hate tells are hilarious.
    Waiting for a cure.

Hate tells make my day brighter.

I actually love the idea. Someone mocking you for AS kiting or something silly shouldn't hurt your feelings. Play as lame as you wish, heaven forbid someone points out the facts. Disable chat entirely. Hell, this would also prevent Emos posting via org chat for moral support because someone just killed them. Either way, bump the idea. No more /O Provision just perked my coon in 3 seconds while I kited AS recharge then sent me /tell laughing!
    Last edited by BaiBai; Jun 14th, 2010 at 21:24:39.

you could just use normal ignore. If PVP h8tells aren't your thing, you'll prolly not want to interact with those kinds of people in any other kind of situation anyway. Personally I made most of my non-faction frandz thru h8tells (especially the ones who congratulate you for a good kill, which you then learn to reciprocate), they are awesome, plus you learn to respect people who play well etc.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    you could just use normal ignore. If PVP h8tells aren't your thing, you'll prolly not want to interact with those kinds of people in any other kind of situation anyway. Personally I made most of my non-faction frandz thru h8tells (especially the ones who congratulate you for a good kill, which you then learn to reciprocate), they are awesome, plus you learn to respect people who play well etc.

A grounded and sensible post from Chrys? *Looks out the window for the four horsemen.*
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

I personally like this. I say remove chat completely. A lot of people ramble in vicinity. Just as annoying. And not to mention people asking for stuff while I am being mass /assisted by SM haha Perfect example. Solodoclife: Yawn! <-Vicinity - You gained 98 Solo PVP Points. Silly guy!
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Provision View Post
    I personally like this. I say remove chat completely. A lot of people ramble in vicinity. Just as annoying. And not to mention people asking for stuff while I am being mass /assisted by SM haha Perfect example. Solodoclife: Yawn! <-Vicinity - You gained 98 Solo PVP Points. Silly guy!
    I actually love the idea. Someone mocking you for AS kiting or something silly shouldn't hurt your feelings. Play as lame as you wish, heaven forbid someone points out the facts. Disable chat entirely. Hell, this would also prevent Emos posting via org chat for moral support because someone just killed them. Either way, bump the idea. No more /O Provision just perked my coon in 3 seconds while I kited AS recharge then sent me /tell laughing!
    Hey, at least hes consistant. <3
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Hatetells are a sign that you're doing a good job whether it be chain rooting/blinding someone or you're just in the 'zone' keeling people.
    The classic use of hatetells are to use the best one as your login message! Let the world know you're loved!
    Needless to say the ones sending hatetells are not a very mature persons to begin with and in time your skinthickness with adapt.
    Some opponent PvP'ers are actually nice to talk with for comparing setups and things of that nature, ignoring em for all future would be a shame.
    To have a tactical conversation with your dartboard is priceless.

And to have an open line of communication is great for roleplaying purposes also. ... even if it's basically sometimes the dialogue from Unreal Tournament™.
    I'm the biggest! The best! Better than the rest!

Hahaha. Provision complaining about hatetells, the irony.

Even the more mature PvPer's, I don't play Bridge because I hate the dissections. Most of it I have already concluded myself and just find it grating.

If I want to test or learn and so forth, then I can just turn this option off.

Note: I say 30 minutes timer because some of the PvPers can be "okay" outside of those PvP situations and when I do put people on ignore, I don't write down why; I just forget them. So, doing it manually won't be as effective by a long shot to cover this reason / purpose.
    Audible taste of Africa.
    Why so serious?