Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOU MOD v.1.1.3

AOU MOD v.1.1.3

With a huge amount of work and a lot of testing, we are really excited today to be able to release version 1.1.3 of the AOU Mod!

As this really is a huge change to a standard custom GUI, I wanted to make sure that everyone is fully aware of the new additions Scene has been able to introduce for us in this new version .. and the huuuuge importance of reading the instructions before you get started.

Change log for 1.1.3
    - Includes the AOU Slimline version of the MOD

- Also includes 3 extra variations of the Slimline and 1 alternative version of the default AOU MOD. These can be selected from within the AOU menu button under GUI Settings.
    NOTE: you will have to restart the game each time you change GUI options so that the settings can take effect.

- Smaller player raid hp/nano bars to free up more visual space.

- Smaller raid window layed out in a 3x2 format as opposed to the old 2x3 format.
    NOTE: Characters will experience the raid window size being larger than the raid listings. You MUST read and follow the instructions for this new version BEFORE trying to install to stop this from happening.

- Change of Clicksaver link within AriensGUI panel within the AOU Menu.

Please excuse the caps, but...
    IT IS VITAL YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLATION!!!

To download, please use this link: http://www.ao-universe.com/download....te=tools&id=21

If you would like to look at screenshots of the development of this GUI, please use this link: http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?site=gallery&id=63

That just made me come a little in my pants.

(pardon the language, but nobody under 20 plays AO anyway)

I really like the AOU MOD gui, the functionality and attention to detail is awesome. Only complaint I have is the color scheme - stuck with the same old blue-ish....

However, for anyone else like me, I've just started installing Scabadus' red GUI over it to keep the AOU MOD setup, but with a red tint to it

Great work guys
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

In the gallery, the 4th picture titled AOU MOD Slimline 4, which version do I choose to get that one?

I didn't add the yalm cursor to the slimline version, seeing as its, well slimmer so that screenie was taken before I designed the smaller cursor (It is Slimline 1)
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

I love this skin! But could you please fix your screenshots? They don't make it clear as to what you actually are downloading.

We'll get some more recent screenshots of each GUI variation and a matching description

The ones up there atm are progress screenies as I was developing, just to whet ppls appetite

EDIT: Changed title descriptions of the screenies to correspond with the variation shown
    Last edited by scenenheard; Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:04:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard View Post
    Please excuse the caps, but...
    IT IS VITAL YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLATION!!!
    i take this as a personal challenge
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

This **** needs to be on first page.

Notum dovvetech is dead to me now.

The pet info windows HP bars are so dark i cant see my pet taking damage properly, canthese be lightened up, something similair to to birghtness of the onscreen hp/np bars or the team hp/np bars

When you LD and you get a char already logged in box(with the countdown bar) the background picture seems to be the top corner of the launcher skin(ie a big picture was put in a little space), I can barely make out the details(i know its obvious i should know which char i just lded on but still...)

Some of the menus seem to be ordered wrong, mostly the view/options menu for example I automatically looked in view for my ncu/nano windows(because i wanted to view them) but they are in the options menu.

The login splash page seems to have white specks across it ie not totally black

The Specials menu contains perks/SB/procs, idk maybe a more apt name like Actions

In my wear window the 3 tabs that arent active are transparent

The inset bit for the ncu is alot longer than it needs to be (too much space even with a 4 digit ncu number)

Possible to have friends online/offline being green/red respectively like default? just at a glance i cant see who is online or not as easily(im a sucker for pretty colours)

The shading/gradients on the edging of all the details in the hp/np bars give them an inaccuracy that's bugging me, esp the notches going right across the bars stops me seeing exactly where the level is

The custom maps button would seem to indicate you can select those maps, doesn't tell you that they need to be installed first, idk if it would be possible for that menu to display which custom maps you do have.

Chat config is in team menu? seems much more likely to be in options likewise friends list in view

AriensGUI posts its information in the active chat channel not a private one(/say for example) much to the amusement of the people in my org chat

and yeah so far its great :P
    Last edited by MassDebater; Jul 18th, 2009 at 08:56:27.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

can't acces AO-UNIVERSE ?

Looks like AOU is down at the moment. It happens, although rarely.
    I'm sure they'll be back up soon.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by ziliath View Post
    That just made me come a little in my pants.

(pardon the language, but nobody under 20 plays AO anyway)

Uh yes they do, and that crap is totally lame and unnecessary for ANY age.

Quote Originally Posted by doubbleagent View Post
    Uh yes they do, and that crap is totally lame and unnecessary for ANY age.
    Most teenage boys have probably experienced it, fyi. (If what I read about it is true)

Thanks for this Gui. I like it a lot. well the slim version at least, only problem I have with them is the interface is to dark for my personal preference so I'm trying to lighten em up a bit.

Killthrill

hmmm having some problems...

Yes, I read the instructions. I've reverted back to the original gui.

I type in /script aou_gui_default and it comes up with Unable to find script

Quote Originally Posted by olipyr View Post
    hmmm having some problems...

Yes, I read the instructions. I've reverted back to the original gui.

I type in /script aou_gui_default and it comes up with Unable to find script
    did you check that the script file is in your Scripts folder under the AO root folder?
    if not you can always copy the Scripts folder from the zip file back to the AO root folder

Just switched to this and I have to say I'm very happy with it

I don't like the mouse though
    Zeposid - lvl 220 doc
    Baldev - lvl 220 MA | gimped
    Possid - lvl 165/10 trader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast