Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enhancement or Replacement?

Enhancement or Replacement?

Options for False Profession:
    • False Profession acting as a replacement of our toolset.
    • False Profession acting as an enhancement of our toolset.

Currently False Profession acts as a replacement to our lack of defense, and the agent profession cannot stand alone.

Several agents have expressed an interest in using False Profession to enhance the agent toolset via offense or defense, but that the agent toolset can stand alone.

Which do you prefer?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

That sounds like one good option

If there was a added benefit from FP's like AAD or AAO from using FP alone, maybe scalable with level...

Or maybe an added benefit to not using FP? A non FP perk, like Acrobat?

All sorts of options come to mind...
    Zap Branagan: What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    This one, please.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Options for False Profession:

I go with Lupu. Viva la resistance!
    Agent Qualifications, Pvp League v2.0

Total
    Lupusceleri 4
    Apothis2 0
    Zeet 6
    Hexous 5
    Numavezi1 5

I see the False Profession Line as a support for the rest of the team/raid, like buffing humi, rrfe, acting as a calmer, what ever is needed.

The agent itself without the FP nanos and FPable nanos is nothing more than a ranged dd, just like the soldier, but without the tankability and with less hp and dmg, or like the pistol adv but without heals, evades or absorbs, or the Fixer but without lovely buffs such as NCU, GSF and strong HoTs. The core of the agent comes down to a fragile NT that swapped nanos for ammo and MC for Rifle. Oh wait, we don't have NS or NBG. Oh and we can't calm. And we don't have that many buffs people want. But still.... we are the worst of all ranged DDs, but we still are a DD class.
    Zachy - 220/24/64 Omni Opifex Agent on RK1 [Equip] [Pic]

Zacharyas - 220/21/56 Omni Solitus Doctor on RK1 [Equip] [Pic]

Bigmeanzachy - 150/07/21 Omni S.10 Atrox Enforcer on RK1 [Equip] [Pic]

** 02-02-2008: First Player ever to ding 220 on Artillery Commander **

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyas View Post
    The agent itself without the FP nanos and FPable nanos is nothing.
    Fixed.

What is this ranged DD you are speaking of, especially without any FPed nanos?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Well, we have a rifle, yes ? So we are ranged. And we don't heal, we don't tank, we don't crowd control stuff, and we have no pets. Sooo...... DD ? No other option left, methinks.

Oh, we have add Dmg buffs, +19 dmg for 43 ncu, does that count ? So there it is, we are a pure ranged little cute pew pew. Hug us, we need lubb.
    Zachy - 220/24/64 Omni Opifex Agent on RK1 [Equip] [Pic]

Zacharyas - 220/21/56 Omni Solitus Doctor on RK1 [Equip] [Pic]

Bigmeanzachy - 150/07/21 Omni S.10 Atrox Enforcer on RK1 [Equip] [Pic]

** 02-02-2008: First Player ever to ding 220 on Artillery Commander **

Agent group hug therapy ... weeee!

I vote we don't screw with our pvp toolset to much!

I think that puts me here:

• False Profession acting as a replacement of our toolset.
    President of ShadowMercs

*False Profession acting as an enhancement of our toolset. *

You didn't put *False Profession being removed* so I'll vote for it functioning as an enhancement.

I'm not really sure where you'll are going with this remove complete healing line of thinking, cause unless I missed something the last time the agent community got all unified and we got an update, we got some new FPabe nanos, that... are mostly just a waste of community effort and developer time.

well the sl root and detaunts can be blamed on devs

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Agent group hug therapy ... weeee!
    If Means reads this we need to institute a /grouphug emote to express our trying to come to grips with finding out that we're not actually doctors even though we try so hard to pretend we are!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

The problem is, if it's just an enhancement the FP line will always be super gimpy. We either get diversity or static power, not both.

Either way it's again just semantics. It's not like we get absolutely no weapons/nanos/armor/whatever except in FP. So as it stands now the FP lines are already just an enhancement, but that enhancement is required for viability.

Basically I don't care what people wanna call it, "enhancement," "replacement," "roman orgy," I just want the FP lines to be interesting.

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    The problem is, if it's just an enhancement the FP line will always be super gimpy. We either get diversity or static power, not both.

Either way it's again just semantics. It's not like we get absolutely no weapons/nanos/armor/whatever except in FP. So as it stands now the FP lines are already just an enhancement, but that enhancement is required for viability.

Basically I don't care what people wanna call it, "enhancement," "replacement," "roman orgy," I just want the FP lines to be interesting.
    So far the FP part of our toolset revolves heavily around:

UBT CH CH CH CH CH CH CH CH CH CH.

Doesn't sound very interesting to keep it like that...
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

if you guys tried out mimic trader in evade setup and 13k or so hp you might be suprised how much fun it is.

Quote Originally Posted by torakx View Post
    if you guys tried out mimic trader in evade setup and 13k or so hp you might be suprised how much fun it is.
    I'll give it a shot

You use Nanites + spam hagglers I assume?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

ye i use divest nanite enhanced first as its easier to land then try ransack
    for heals best we got atm is Preeminent Health Haggler
    heals for 900.
    also the area root Flow of Time is awesome.

worked best for me in full dodge range setup had decent ar and really great evades when that first drain lands on ranged enemies

Quote Originally Posted by torakx View Post
    ye i use divest nanite enhanced first as its easier to land then try ransack
    for heals best we got atm is Preeminent Health Haggler
    heals for 900.
    also the area root Flow of Time is awesome.

worked best for me in full dodge range setup had decent ar and really great evades when that first drain lands on ranged enemies
    Nice, I'll give it a shot once I finish this damn reinstall!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

NSD+TMS is also nice setup, with a good AR setup, just run in, TMS, atk, perk, kill, switch target, repeat.

What I used in pvp for a bit to, only problem was getting zerged during TMS cooldown. Was fun for a bit.
    Agent Qualifications, Pvp League v2.0

Total
    Lupusceleri 4
    Apothis2 0
    Zeet 6
    Hexous 5
    Numavezi1 5

Guess I'll see how much I can lower my hp (got to drop from 20k in Doc to 13k in Trader, hard stuff! ) and give it another go, too, Torakx.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast