Thread: Level 170+ = forum access?

Question Level 170+ = forum access?

Maybe go off a level and time thing? /born and /played are tracked so level > 170 AND born < now - X AND played > Y then forum_access = yes.

There are some really great fr00b players. Some of them are old school players, that upgraded, played, didn't like the expansions and openned a fr00b account.
    They have a different perspective of the game (yes I am not a good example).
    They are a part of our community.
    Their input could be positive for these forums.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

It needs to be different for some sections. Newcomers would benefit a lot from their profession forum, froob or not.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

The forums are for paying customers. Any froob whos gotten to 170+ has clearly made up their mind to never be one.

Froobs should(n't) be seen, (and) not heard, on the forums.

Fr00bs are as large a part of AO as anything, and if they don't deserve posting rights, atleast open up a part of the forum to address issues related to fr00b content.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Saavick View Post
    Froobs who have had a paid account (everyone who has had a paid account really) has forum access. You pay for it once ...
    This used to be true. Since the "hacker proof" site or about that time, it is no longer the case, people who started an account after that period no longer get the benefit of the bug.

Quite obviously, the benefits and input fr00bs have for this community are absolutely zero, since the only thing that counts is the subscription money.
    Indirect ways in which they bring about profit don't count and all the less tangibles don't exist, so yes for this obviously extremely expensive to maintain and high quality forum; let us keep it exclusively going for the few trolls and even less people that will tolerate them. With all their delightful negativity like Egad's post, on this public form of media, which potential payers might peruse in order to gauge the quality of the personalities they may encounter; we can expect a huge influx and a growth in the in game population.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

If something like this would ever be implemented, there should be some section only where they can post, including market maybe, not the regular parts like updates, suggestions. Just because it would cause a lot of confusion and elitist vs nabu situations. Then again drama is always cool.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Is this a suggestion that would bar Jenshair from the forums? If so, I approve.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Fr00bs are as large a part of AO as anything, and if they don't deserve posting rights, atleast open up a part of the forum to address issues related to fr00b content.
    Sounds reasonable enough to me *shrug* Just make sure to have some sort of reasonable requirements so the forums don't end up being spammed to death like the shopping channels ingame ^^
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    The forums are for paying customers. Any froob whos gotten to 170+ has clearly made up their mind to never be one.

Quite frankly, without the froobs, you probably wouldn't have a reason for that AO client installed on your computer. They should have the abilty to come here and discuss the game that is much their's now as it is yours or mine.

stupid idea waiting till 170 to ask questions on forums is something that would stear people away from the game rather than invite them in.
    Darkkblood level 220 MA AI:18

Darkmetals level 149 Eng AI:0

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkblood View Post
    stupid idea waiting till 170 to ask questions on forums is something that would stear people away from the game rather than invite them in.
    Trouble is throw away accounts and spammed advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by jenshie View Post
    peeka peeka?
    pikachu!
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post

/fail. I went paid after roughly 500 froob levels on 5 or 6 toons (highest was 180ish). Thanks for being nice..
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshiye View Post
    Trouble is throw away accounts and spammed advertising.
    So you'd rather tell froobs "Oh hai there, your input isn't important until 170, when your playing experience has probably taught you everything anyway"?

20-30 would be a better low limit.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    ... 20-30 would be a better low limit.
    Yeah. I don't know the best way to work it out. One thing I can guess at. If they did give fr00bs access? These forums still wouldn't get as much traffic as they probably once had.

../\..
    ./..\.
    /_._\
    ..||..
    ..||..
    ..--..

Elitist concept, conditioned by media. Leave the forums as they are.

I think everybody should have access to the forums. Except Georgebrown and Awesomenesss.

Ahhhhh sheeeeeeet.
    Sturmie "Sturmfaust" Smalls, 220 Enforcer. (Totally the Enforcer on Ninj00's Billboard)
    The Syndicate Join the Family.

First Enforcer on Rimor to declare war on Romania as a whole, not because of their beliefs, but simply because they're different.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmfaust View Post
    I think everybody should have access to the forums. Except Georgebrown and Awesomenesss.

Ahhhhh sheeeeeeet.
    And Sturmfaust.

Booyakasha!