Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing faction to neutral.

Exclamation Changing faction to neutral.

This has set a precedent. (Hellzfury, soldier, not Agent.)

Can we get it as a game mechanic please? I have a lot of friends that want to turn neutral. Make it so they have to strip down like for an IP reset so that all the sided stuff comes off first but please make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    Only if you're never allowed to change back to the side you left....
    Last edited by Jenshai; Aug 8th, 2008 at 14:56:29.

Well I'll be damned! Gratz to Hellzfury. It's not the first time I've seen the GMs "bend" the rules a little. Another example is Spritney's name

So yes, huge bump for this. (I forgot you were neutral Jenshai, I'll stop picking on you now in the forums hehe)
    Lukew
    neutral Third Faction

May the farce be with you.

The Ultimate YouTube Song-Off Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    <Q> /afk (I'm a keeper now)

How is that name a precedent?

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=160639

Aren't there QL201+ versions of these, though extremely rare? Or theoretically possible? The guy sounds like an idiot I wouldn't listen to. If there are 201+ versions, bet more than anything he used one
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Thanks Lukew, but as I think it was Pyro who said, "We are like an Italian family, the fighting is just part of it."

For this.
    User Profession == Agent

Hellzfury == Soldier.
    Last edited by Jenshai; Aug 8th, 2008 at 09:29:16.

No there are not 201+ versions of it, and he's a soldier so even if there was he still couldn't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by EsbenF View Post
    ... He was switched back by a GM last night. ...
    I still think there should have been an option, years ago.

Only if you're never allowed to change back to the side you left.

For example: if you switch from Omni to Neutral, then you can always go Clan, but will never be able to go Omni. How do you implement this? Make each side change lock a different skill (i.e. regular side change locks the "clan change" and "omni change" skills), and then make the side->neut changes lock one skill indefinitely (i.e. omni->neut locks "omni change" for 10 years or something like that).

Bump for QL 201+ Neutral and even sided forms. I would've made my old Clan TL7s on my past account Omni any day (even if I couldn't get a new token board) than have them rot as inactive...
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    Only if you're never allowed to change back to the side you left.

For example: if you switch from Omni to Neutral, then you can always go Clan, but will never be able to go Omni. How do you implement this? Make each side change lock a different skill (i.e. regular side change locks the "clan change" and "omni change" skills), and then make the side->neut changes lock one skill indefinitely (i.e. omni->neut locks "omni change" for 10 years or something like that).
    How about just make it so that you have to spend a week as a neutral before you can take a side again? No more diect omni - clan and clan - omni transfers.
    I speak as a clanner who wants the omnis to have an option other than us.

Whoa, you have friends! I am amazed. Probably dumb ones if they wanna go neut.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    This has set a precedent. (Hellzfury, soldier, not Agent.)

Can we get it as a game mechanic please? I have a lot of friends that want to turn neutral. Make it so they have to strip down like for an IP reset so that all the sided stuff comes off first but please make it happen.
    Sounds like a desperate attempt to earn your Victory points even faster. Stick to your side and forget about some drunk GM having fun with hellzfury.

Quote Originally Posted by Abuzed View Post
    Sounds like a desperate attempt to earn your Victory points even faster. Stick to your side and forget about some drunk GM having fun with hellzfury.
    Last I checked Jenshai doesn't even have SL, much less LE
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Hellz was made Omni again today, as it should be based on AO's history.

I do think 201+ (or is it 200?) Neutrals SHOULD be able to go Clan/Omni, but IF you stick with the story and mechanics 201+ Clan/Omni are stuck.

Don't like it? Then think a bit ahead of time before getting there. There are plenty of other games you can never change your faction in. No way should this incident all of a sudden make it so Clan/Omni can go neutral. That doesn't happen from Level 1 much less level 201.

I'm not saying this because I like it ... personally wouldn't mind there being a quest to allow faction change for all players (though I think you should have to do it twice if you want to go Omni <-> Clan, once to Neutral then to the new faction). It should be HARD, it should be SOLO, it should take a BUTTLOAD of time and it should be EXPENSIVE.

BUT it can't be claimed in any way that one GM screwing up badly has set any form of precedent other than for better GM training.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Aug 8th, 2008 at 23:45:24.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Lol, so not only has he changed orgs 20 times, this is also his fourth side change?

Wtf has gone thru his mind as he's played this game?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Lol, so not only has he changed orgs 20 times, this is also his fourth side change?

Wtf has gone thru his mind as he's played this game?
    my first thought is.. hes thinking "wheres my god mode damnit!?"

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Last I checked Jenshai doesn't even have SL, much less LE
    Froobs can BS

I would pay good money to come face to face with Jen on BS
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Rustinel View Post
    Froobs can BS

I would pay good money to come face to face with Jen on BS
    pics when happens plz

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    pics when happens plz
    bump
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

Quote Originally Posted by Abuzed View Post
    Pure neutral, right from my first toon.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    pics when happens plz
    ... and what did I ever do to you?

Not finding Edta's at the moment.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast