Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TL5 pvp crat project

TL5 pvp crat project

Heyhey,

I've started to level an Atrox crat a while ago. I was planning on an unusual setup.. 2s healdelta tick at TL5!

Anyway, here is my (planned) setup for L168: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=99219

With Comp Attrib, and a QL300 Large HQ (which my org happens to have =p), I should be at 815 or so Stamina. Enough for 2s standing tick, and 1s sitting tick.

Now, I have an alternative setup, for if the 2s HD thing is a total failure: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=99223

I would have 4s or 5s HD tick standing in this setup (can't remember the exact number). The difference in evades is ~124 dodge, ~124 evade, ~105 duck, ~46 NR. I decided to not perk Bureaucratic Shuffle. Five perk points, for seven evades, is a bit lousy imo. Succumb looks nice, but is useless because my crat won't be melee, nor will be IPing Psychology Dodge the Blame.. is 800 AAD for 16 seconds, with a two minute locktime really that useful? Perks for Shuffle would be pulled away from either Commanding Presence (not a good idea imo), or First Aid/FreakStrength/Genius2 (resulting in the loss of Heal, a nice stunperk + 5 stamina, and Regain Nano).

So, time for the questions!

• Will I have enough evades in 2s HD setup, to avoid being perked by at least 99% of the twinks?
    • Provided that I can cap my AS recharge:
      • Should I take a bright: AimedShot, NanoResist, or Rifle cluster in my Rwrist implant?
      • Should I take a faded: NanoResist or Rifle cluster in my Lwrist implant?
      • Should I take a shiny: AimedShot or Rifle cluster in my Eye implant?
    • Do I really need Genius 2 for Regain Nano?
    • Do I want to max my nano pool?
    • Do I want to use an Alien Augmentation Device - Defensive, or The Key to Cama's Sanctuary in HUD1? Or yet another item?
    • Should I get Thin Shoulderpad of Urga Van, Barrow Strength/Might of the Revenant, or Globe of Clarity in my shoulders?
    • Combined Sharpshooter's Footwear with a second Ring of Endurance, or Miy's Tank Armor Boots with a Glimmering Magnetic Ring?
    • Proj. damage Aruls for better ASes, Sandy Piece of Goo for better evades (which is what I'm leaning to atm), or Bracer of Reflection x2?

Greetings, Lup.
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Mar 25th, 2008 at 11:25:43.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

I wouldn't get rid of Genius unless you plan to put in a hardcore CPU, your nano expenditure would be pretty high in a regular fight:

Shackles of Obedience - 422 nano
    Improved Red Tape - 190 nano
    Malaise of Emotion - 730 nano
    Subpoena for Freedom - 521 nano
    Improved Rule of One - 652 nano

If you say that the snare has to be casted 3 times in one fight, you end up with:

1266+190+730 = 2186 nano spent if you don't get rooted, and don't use IRoO.

You will have 4296 nano pool with maxed nano pool. With 17% nano cost reduction (your setup + city), we can say that you have 5026 nano.

5026-2186 = 2840 nano before nuking once, enough for 4xIRoO, or 3162 damage in PvP. Genius 2 will give you 1200 more nano, enough to get you 2 more casts of IRoO. This is of course not counting first aid, and with a very specific duel-type fight. I would personally go for a hardcore CPU and genius, but I would go for a setup based almost entirely around casting.

I'd also say that Dodge the Blame is worth it, as it will make you very hard for everyone to hit for 16 seconds.

"Should I get Thin Shoulderpad of Urga Van, Barrow Strength/Might of the Revenant, or Globe of Clarity in my shoulders?"

Thin shoulder pad = 50 NR and 400 HP
    GoC = 20 AAD + 2% crit
    Barrow Strength/MoTR = -7 STA, +47 damage, might put you outside 2s tick?

I'd probably go for the thin shoulders.

"Do I want to use an Alien Augmentation Device - Defensive, or The Key to Cama's Sanctuary in HUD1? Or yet another item?"

Alien Aug gives 500 HP, 25 NR and 10 evades, the sanct key gives 40 inits and 50 NCU, I'd go for the aug.

"Do I want to max my nano pool?"
    Probably, yeah, 1090 more nano if you max it compared to no IP in it.

The rest, I don't know about.

Well we've spoked a bit ingame about this, so you know pretty much what I think. Very interesting twink and i'm eagerly waiting to see the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    So, time for the questions!

• Will I have enough evades in 2s HD setup, to avoid being perked by at least 99% of the twinks?
    - Yes, i think you will. Looks like you'll end at around ~2k def rating vs dodge. selfed. and with if you get gsf (which is not that uncommon to have) you'll get more. Same with a aad conductor, those aren't too hard to get for any side to get atm.
    Enfs/Solds/Agents with maxed out AR might land ai perks on you. Looks like nano feast will most likely land also. But you got evasive stance & wit of the trox for additional defense.

• Provided that I can cap my AS recharge:
      • Should I take a bright: AimedShot, NanoResist, or Rifle cluster in my Rwrist implant?
      • Should I take a faded: NanoResist or Rifle cluster in my Lwrist implant?
      • Should I take a shiny: AimedShot or Rifle cluster in my Eye implant?
    I would go with AS in rwrist, unless you already capped recharge and you wont hit a higher multiplier with it.
    I'd go with NR in Lwrist over rifle, because NR is the hole in your defence, you need it more than a couple of extra points of AR. (besides, AR isn't -that- important for a crat anyway)
    Definatly AS cluster in eye.

• Do I really need Genius 2 for Regain Nano?
    • Do I want to max my nano pool?
    Genius 2 is probably very nice to have, especially for a trox. Crats got some really nice nanos for pvp, the more nano you have, the more you can cast them. I usually never max body dev or nano pool on any of my twinks, unless they focus on hp (doc, body dev) or have alot of IP over. Generally the IP saved from 50 points in body dev+nano pool can make a bigger difference than a lil more hp+nano. (+ you might want to consider not putting anything in body dev to make the most out of your heals)

• Do I want to use an Alien Augmentation Device - Defensive, or The Key to Cama's Sanctuary in HUD1? Or yet another item?
    How about both? Not that hard to hotswap. The extra NR from Aug Device is nice, but sometimes you might need the extra ncu & inits from key more. Maybe endorphin factory if you need more stamina.

• Should I get Thin Shoulderpad of Urga Van, Barrow Strength/Might of the Revenant, or Globe of Clarity in my shoulders?
    GoC, Thin Shouldpad's & MotR are all great choiced. If you'll be able to self motr, i'd get em all. If not. I'd get thin shoulderpad's+goc's. Depending on if you need more aad+crit, or better NR.

• Combined Sharpshooter's Footwear with a second Ring of Endurance, or Miy's Tank Armor Boots with a Glimmering Magnetic Ring?
    CSS boots+2 ring of endurance imo. Trading 1 in all evades+24 runspeed for rifle, AS, inits, perception, conceal etc. is a pretty good choice. (and it's not that easy to get +24 glimmering rings. so maybe you don't loose any evades at all.. the duck from miy's boots doesn't really matter since very few perks check vs duck).

• Proj. damage Aruls for better ASes, Sandy Piece of Goo for better evades (which is what I'm leaning to atm), or Bracer of Reflection x2?
    For the 2s HD setup, definatly go with Goo's. Around 2k-2.1k def rating is about the limit of getting perked and not getting perked by CS from agents. you'll need the evades from goo's.
    Can always go for sabas when dueling profs you don't need evades for tho. Reflect bracers or sabas would be nice for the evade setup since then you got a lil more evades to trade with.

And last, but not least, if you're going to 168 already you might as well go 170 for the last perk. 1 perk in Bureaucratic Shuffle will still give you a +300 aad perk special for 15seconds, and it has much faster recharge than Evasive Stance. Nice to hit when you see that enf running up to you. Or when kiting someone in a duel and they root graft you.
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualinas View Post
    And last, but not least, if you're going to 168 already you might as well go 170 for the last perk. 1 perk in Bureaucratic Shuffle will still give you a +300 aad perk special for 15seconds, and it has much faster recharge than Evasive Stance. Nice to hit when you see that enf running up to you. Or when kiting someone in a duel and they root graft you.
    Thanks for the comments Qua.

The 170 thing is an interesting idea, however, I'm not sure I want to be in range of L214s Even though I can easily alphakill 99% of the 214s that show up at war on my agent...
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Why Zastaba instead of Arbalest? I know arbalest is everywhere in tl5 support prof pvp (at least on rk1) but it really is better.

Much more reliable AS.
    Much easier to keep 100% with no rifle clusters.

Is component platform acquirable by a TL5?
    Don't think you'll get than hand imp in, damage clusters makes ability req go crazy and you'll have no treatment from the hand

Your missing the little pvp board too, 100 more hp/nano, or a little less ip spent if you are low hp.

make sure to wear a cratsuit on social tab so you look gimp
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    Why Zastaba instead of Arbalest? I know arbalest is everywhere in tl5 support prof pvp (at least on rk1) but it really is better.

Much more reliable AS.
    Much easier to keep 100% with no rifle clusters.

Is component platform acquirable by a TL5?
    Don't think you'll get than hand imp in, damage clusters makes ability req go crazy and you'll have no treatment from the hand

Your missing the little pvp board too, 100 more hp/nano, or a little less ip spent if you are low hp.

make sure to wear a cratsuit on social tab so you look gimp
    I was doing Arbalest first, but, I found that I will get like really gimped AR with the Arb. And I would have to IP bow AND rifle. Plus, it's harder to cap AS recharge on. Most likely, I'll just stick w/ Zastaba unless I have enough IP/skills for an Arbalest.

The belt should be acquirable by a TL5.

I am not missing the pvp tokenboard. I already have my hp on the high side (~6k IIRC, without any IP into Bdev) because of troxieness and some items I need for stamina, so, if I can lose 100 hp while not losing AAO/AAD or other important stats, I will do it.

Oh and a good idea, I'll certainly wear the Carlo suit <3.

Also, I won't be using MOTR or Barrow Strength. They lower my stamina, and I can't use that!

Rocker made me run a 167 to inf to try & start the Safari quest ( that IS the right one for the belt? ), and he wouldn't give me the quest, so you may have to rethink that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Rocker made me run a 167 to inf to try & start the Safari quest ( that IS the right one for the belt? ), and he wouldn't give me the quest, so you may have to rethink that.
    Oh bah

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...&link=2&id=235

Stephen Richards, right?

go go crats!
    Last edited by TheCookie; Apr 4th, 2008 at 17:27:44.
    Cookie'FF'Tastic

The peace sign is just the middle and the trigger finger

Was thinking about this the other day because someone mentioned using dread pistol on their tl5 crat, and this adds some stam itself. but it's just not possible to keep the pistol 100% in healdelta setup.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=103591 has 820 stamina, 11s AS, but only ~1170 pistol (includes trickle/comp/scheol nano ofc) and you need 1300 to keep it out of OE I was gonna do it too if it was possible! Well...might be possible with CoLA instead of CoNC but considering trox and no nanoskill armor it's probably not best idea anyway.
    Last edited by bockrocker; Apr 24th, 2008 at 17:53:04.
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)

Why commando? U think u will have enough evades? I doubt that.

Because a trox with no sense in chest can't keep any decent CSS out of OE, either.

Ah trox.
    It's not very good setup for pvp on tl7 and even worth at tl5 imo.
    I'd betetr roll opi crat if you want to use pistol+onehander+use css set with maybe parts of scouts.
    It will be not healdelta setup, but healdelta is nothing good is you get perked by every gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    Because a trox with no sense in chest can't keep any decent CSS out of OE, either.
    OE does not effect evades
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

How's the project comin? 2s heal delta at tl5 would rock.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreRound View Post
    How's the project comin? 2s heal delta at tl5 would rock.
    Slacking at L86...

I've been playing my main (Lupusceleri the agent) and my TL4 twink (Wolfseye the adv) a bit.

But I think I'll put some time in him again soon. I'm also certain I'll be levelling a lot faster once I hit 110. Guess why.

Sadly we are good at lvling 110-170 in a day cause of our super skilled xp totem abilities :\

Just recently finished lvling my lvl 150 crat, in the process of twinking him for pvm, and also plan on making a 170ish for pvp, cant really decide on what breed though... i was thinking about opi with this setup *http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=104367* But if 2s heal tic is possible without to much sacrafice i would probably go with trox.

Zastaba is better than ithaca. Easier to cap as and more stable damage.

using ithaca i get better defense, and more AR/AS since Shotgun/AS dont conflict. 19 sec AS isnt bad imo.

11 sec is better still.
    And shotgun\rifle skill u need only to get mbs of weapon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast