Thread: Issue with martial artists special attacks

Issue with martial artists special attacks

Right...
    GJ... really

wanted to try out how the special attacks were working now, so started attacking an OT bartender level 200, and alt-tabbed a friendly omni and figured it wouldn't let me fire off a special attack on it.... ohhhh dear.
    my ql250 BwT fired off on a level 84 NT.... - I am level 220.
    the poor NT nearly died I had to babysit his HP.
    the NT was not flagged, I was not flagged, this attack did not flag either of us...

I dare not try any other special attacks now.

Originally posted in MA forums, forgot important people don't read there so re-posted here.

Tested it again on my bank alt to be sure it wasn't a one-off; level 25 bank toon;
    You hit Maobank with nanobots for 161 points of energy damage.
    You hit Maobank with nanobots for 161 points of energy damage.
    (capping ofc)
    Last edited by maopic; Mar 12th, 2008 at 22:35:22.
    Maopic 2202670
    Mypetrocks 2202370
    Drmao 2202467
    Sirmao 1741242
    General of Asgard

[Team] Folen2: ou were attacked with nanobots from Criticaldmg for 275 points of energy damage.

that's a BwT... I'm 220 he's 164, I was doing an IS service and we were teamed too...

o.O
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Lol....this bug may want to be looked into/responded to. Kind of a big thing it seems.
    Dyrshin
    220 MA
    RK1
    GMT -10:00

"They say karate means empty hands, so then it's perfect for the poor man"

--Dead Prez*

*I don't agree with everything they say, but they have damn good beats

ouch. Kinda funny bug, but definitely a serious issue.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Well, maybe it's time to mention that last week I was at tara. I was staying in box room unflagged, there was no neuts/clans and somehow my pets got Null Space Disruptor from some omni engineer (no other faction toons were in range at all).
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

This bug makes you able to even hit yourself with MA attacks...

Some MAs are already using that tactic to improve their overall performance, just check here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnqVbcEb8AU
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

haha, I don't know which is more dumb. This bug or late night tv.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Major Bug with MA Special Attacks

Since (at least) 17.8 MA Special Attacks seem to always hit the nano-target, not the fighting target.

Testet it with Blessed with Thunder (QL221) and Karmic Fist.
    To reproduce:
    - target Mob
    - press q
    - target player
    - execute special attack
    => Player gets dmg, not mob.

Works against *any* player, regardless of supression gas or player level.
    Yes, that means a level 220 can gank level 1 players in 75% zones.
    Also anoing to attack tank/team members on raids.

wtb Fix.
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
    Albert Einstein

Ok, sry, didn't bother to use the search (as it should be in known issues anyway), but i also don't bother beeing told not to have used the search.
    Albert Einstein

It is in the known issues thread as "unconfirmed but will be looked into"
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

It is not in the relevant thread for the server/community i'm playing on/in.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    It is in the known issues thread as "unconfirmed but will be looked into"
    "unconfirmed"?! They must be joking! Is all the management waiting for the only tester to come back from his 2 month vacation on Aruba?

Jeeebuz... why do I bother playing at all?
    Vaalena o'Vipersting
    AO through my looking glass: opatl, odam, sfl

All righty then... I will keep my dark humour for brighter people.

Quote of the moment: "We put FU in FUN" Agent Arlanon

Late night TV for sure.
    "Sadly, the patch "stop others [from] being idiots" has been delayed."
    -Gurudee

"I think so, but every time they get a duel invitation popup it plays "Wanna Fanta" a few times over... "
    -Kotts (regarding Froobs+Dueling)

"The fail is strong in this one."
    -Pafpuf

We will take a look at this one and see what we can find. Certainly sounds like something isn't working quite right.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

It also seems that BwT is causing death in duels rather frequently. I don't really use it PvP but there are times when its useful (when you don't really need BBCS's stun), and both times I've used it, and several times I've seen another MA use it, it has resulted in death after the duel ends. After the second time when I realized it wasn't a fluke I stopped using it, however its still rather annoying (I was killed by it once....) My guess is that since it runs a bit differently than a regular DoT (it doesn't show in your NCU) its not terminateing correctly on duel end.
    Last edited by jorricane; Mar 15th, 2008 at 17:49:52. Reason: speeling
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

ATM no hostile nano terminates on duel end - be it the damage from BwT or any other DoT/Tripples/doubles(one hit 'killing' u in the duel & the other one/two really kill you and send you to reclaim)/././././whatever

(this thread is about something else though, here's where that belongs: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=524380)

i think what you actually wanted to do, was removing
    User Character state == 10 from the skills. what you did however had some funny effect ...^^
    Nekrofiil: | Your smart ass thread got deleted. I feel sorry for you
    --- cut wrists imho :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Hi!
    The professionals program was my idea, I brought it up with Cosmik many many many years ago now as an idea to filter poor and inaccurate feedback from the playerbase. I've been a professional twice, fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon
    all hail the invincible ma, you're just so amazing in pvp. will you teach me to be good like you?
    [Redliner]: What I write on forums is one thing, how I act ingame is another story. If you have any complaints about my ingame behaviour, feel free to send any AvR officer a tell

Quote Originally Posted by PooNaGe
    didnt i previously suggest i was retarded?
    you may now take it as a fact

thanks for the redirect critical
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-