Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NT Wishlist

NT Wishlist

Updated 8/21/2007 by Steveo

So, with the last few patches, and really for a while, we've needed a new wishlist. This one we are going to try to simplify and maybe try to get some key points across however, this won't be an exhaustive wishlist, more like what are the top wishes we have at the moment.

Older/Alternate wishlists can be found Here,Here,Here, Here, Here, and Here

Our old wishlist prioritization poll can be found
    Here

NT Wishlist

1. Auto Nuke Feature
      Nt's must constantly click in order to get their nukes to fire consistently. This is annoying, and frustrating and also prevents us from doing other things while we are casting, including interacting with others on our team. We would like to see some kind of mechanism not unlike gun fire where we can load a nuke and let it nuke for us.
    2. Nanobot Guard Fix
      This can happen in a few ways that would make sense
      • Exchange the dot for a large (50k?) hit to our nanopool, the dot makes things much harder for us in a few ways and it would make our nano perks etc much more effective if we had a hit rather than a constant dot
      • Fix the way that HP works so that us gaining more hp doesn't screw up the guard. The way that things are currently calculated. The more hp we have the less effective nanobot guard is. Yet a lot of our new content stresses hp, please pick a direction
      • Give us a nano "behe" - give us a way to severely boost our nano pool for a time period. A huge spike to our nanopool could be very beneficial in many circumstances we currently find ourselves in.
    3. More Damage!!!
      Nt's are constantly in need of more damage in a pvm context. Our shoddy defences and lack of team desirability lead us into the camp of damage dealers yet, in most cases we are low to the middle of the pack in "pvm" situations. Please give us more ways to become the glass cannons many of us want to be.**Please note** Our detaunts will need adjusting to deal with this, as it is, our current detaunt isn't very effective and if we get more damage we will need detaunts powerful enough to keep us out of harms way**
    4. Less ways to be instantly destroyed by nearly everyone
      NT's face many problems with being completely shut down, this comes from many angles most recently from traders, but also from MP's, and Ma's along with many other professions that can just out and out destroy us in a matter of seconds due to their huge offensive capabilites and our flagging defense. We can use some help in a few ways
      • Stun resistance and lots of it
      • Some way to counteract the new trader nano or at least not be completely disabled for a minute by it
      • Seperating our offensive and defesive lines so that we can retaliate more effectively while being attacked
    5. Debuff extensions
      Our blinds are in sore need of updating, especially with all of the resistance to them that is being added, and the addition of so much AR to the game, we could really use an update to how much they can do from a debuffing perspective.
    6. Blink type perk/special/proc
      As a way to escape or sneak around, seperate from concealment values. This would allow us to disappear for a period of time to escape and pop us again somewhere else.
    Last edited by Steveo; Aug 22nd, 2007 at 01:30:41.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Reserved, What do you guys think about this format, and these wishes?
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Add "considerable detaunts" to the "more damage" section, as it is it's very hard to keep aggro away from yourself unless you sacrifice damage. Notum Siphon's Fade Anger special is far from enough. This is miainly a Rubi-Ka location based issue, but would become an issue in SL as well if we dealt significantly more damage.

Without all available damage add items I'm at 7142-13246 on IU, and on RK that really does pack a punch on mobs, including newer boss mobs. With everything possible equipped (that I can remember off the top of my head) we can get as much as ~7431-13783. And that's only sacrificing one location for something gimp with only nanodamage (wicked hood)...

More would be nice, no doubt, but it would also become a rather large problem to hold aggro away from ourself.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Much better than old list, much clearer. Good job. Number 4s title made me laugh

I wouldn't list auto nuke as number 1 priority myself, of all those it would be last for my preferences.

I still wanna run while nuking, too many unrootables about, or profs that if a root breaks on attack can reach us and alpha us before the nuke that broke it finished recharging.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

the nano "behe" buff would be very nice to have. an extension to our debuffs would also be nice. and ofcourse more damage is welcome.

list looks nice, hope they can implement these features for all level ranges.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Looks good. Auto-nuke would save sore fingers sometimes verging on repetitive stress syndrome, and also sentences in org chat

that look

a bit like

this,, soryyu was
    nukling...

I do think that either all cap times on our nanos should be removed, or like nanofox said, give us casting whilst running. I would actually prefer one of those rather than number 4, because if we got eg. more stun resistance this would probably soon be countered by better stuns, countered by more stun resistance.....ad infinatum. Running or instacasting makes all our offense and defense more flexible, regardless of which nano we are talking about.
    Iless - NT & gen of Quetzalcoatl on RK2.

I don't have nano problems myself, but then I piled all my perks on the +nano and +nano delta lines...

Removing the cap times on nano casting would certainly solve most of our damage chronical gimpness... every once in a while one gets tired of being constantly outdone in DD by the party's DOCTOR.

... I have heard that damage goes up past 210... but so far from level 100 to 210, NT's damage is a joke. Seriously devs, crats can solo, docs can solo, even traders perhaps can solo, NT is so far the only class with zero solo abilities, very little to contribute to teams, and one of the higher learning curves (if not the highest). We're not talking Guild Wars, would -YOU- pay a monthly suscription for a class that can't pull its own weight altogether?
    Last edited by Geriston; Aug 23rd, 2007 at 06:29:25.
    1 out of 4 people suffers some form of mental disease. Check 3 of your friends, if they look fine then it is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    NT Wishlist

Nanobot Guard Fix
    This can happen in a few ways that would make sense
    • Fix the way that HP works so that us gaining more hp doesn't screw up the guard. The way that things are currently calculated. The more hp we have the less effective nanobot guard is. Yet a lot of our new content stresses hp, please pick a direction
    Made a suggestion on how to 'fix' having to go low hp in here

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    NT Wishlist

Nanobot Guard Fix
    1. Give us a nano "behe" - give us a way to severely boost our nano pool for a time period. A huge spike to our nanopool could be very beneficial in many circumstances we currently find ourselves in.
    The way NBG works currently that a large boost to nano would actually benefit low HP more than high HP. Although if my suggestion to 'fix' NBG/NBS were done a nanopool boost would be welcomed.
    Last edited by Whitey; Aug 24th, 2007 at 16:15:23.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Buffs for consealment (Invisibility), perception (true sight), break and entry (magic unlock )
    So far i am ok with low hp twink and NG triple combo for pvp . But please add more +%nanodmg ,+MC/NR, +Mana and - 1000 HP items In one item ofcourse .
    The bigist help would be fixing the way nanocasting works now. Fix the damn auras breking it as well zonig in BS breaking it also .
    Damage in pvm sux badly (when AOE cant be used) .

More triples would be nice . Like triple blind insted of casting blind 3x times
    Last edited by branerNT; Sep 19th, 2007 at 11:14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by branerNT View Post
    Buffs for consealment (Invisibility), perception (true sight), break and entry (magic unlock )
    So far i am ok with low hp twink and NG triple combo for pvp . But please add more +%nanodmg ,+MC/NR, +Mana and - 1000 HP items In one item ofcourse .
    The bigist help would be fixing the way nanocasting works now. Fix the damn auras breking it as well zonig in BS breaking it also .
    Damage in pvm sux badly (when AOE cant be used) .

More triples would be nice . Like triple blind insted of casting blind 3x times
    Idiotic items like -HP for the sake of twinking low-HP setups should be abolished. A fix for how the game works is needed. Not stupid work arounds that go against all logic and gamemechanics.
    -HP should only be on items to balance it for a boost, but since there's like no other professions getting any penalties on their items, other than that they may not buff all their skills and just their primary attack skill by ungodly amounts, I don't see why NTs should get them either.

Fix nanobot shields. #1 priority.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Sep 19th, 2007 at 14:48:21.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I wish they would give us this nano...

Nano Crystal (Blinded)
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

*looks at nano* *twitches* muuuust haaaaaave! fc! giiieeef!

keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Ats View Post
    I wish they would give us this nano...

Nano Crystal (Blinded)
    yaarrrr wtb ;-D
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

I wish they would implement some of the things we ask for. . .
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

You'd have thought with 4 nanos FC would pick at least 1 thing on our wishlist. Really makes the entire professionals programme look pointless, since they seem to ignore the info they gather and post.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    You'd have thought with 4 nanos FC would pick at least 1 thing on our wishlist. Really makes the entire professionals programme look pointless, since they seem to ignore the info they gather and post.
    Well, you got that detaunt you were asking for.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    Well, you got that detaunt you were asking for.
    Yes it seems be missing the large PVM damage nuke we wanted it attached to though.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Actually it seems FC picked up 2 nanos from the Toolset Enhancement Ideas in Steveo's sig : the layer and the improved DM.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    Actually it seems FC picked up 2 nanos from the Toolset Enhancement Ideas in Steveo's sig : the layer and the improved DM.
    Seems that they also decided to use the same 2+ year old numbers too. :/
    Last edited by Angryguy; Nov 24th, 2007 at 22:44:50.
    Angryguy is to lazy to make a real sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast