Thread: can't change skin in GUI tab

can't change skin in GUI tab

I had an issue where the client launcher wasn't saving the settings. Solved this by setting the settings, clicking OK then killing the launcher with the X button at the top right of the window. Reloading then seems to have called up the info I saved... well some of it, it managed to find the default font and resolution that would normally be there and set it accordingly (which is different to what I saved).

Now, I can't change the skin it's using, it's locked to default. I click on 'change' and it flashes as though a window should come up then nothing. more clicks produce nothing.

Can change every other option instantly now except the skin, which is a pain a$$ I dislike the original and my interface is now all over the place!!

Going to keep trying things, anyone know if there is a single file which holds all the setting info so I can delete it and start again?
    Lamargo NM Pistol/Nader - 220/19 - Bio
    General of Insanity-Inc {Omni/Rimor} -> Recruitment Thread - Website

workaround

Found a solution to get the custom GUI working when the launcher bugs out and wont let ya.

*Close the client launcher!*
    Open your AO folder e.g. (c:\program files\Anarchy Online\)
    go in to the \prefs\ folder and make a copy of your prefs.xml file (can't stress the importance enough here! ) then open it in notepad.

In this file there is a line:

<Value name="GUISkin" value='&quot;textures\\archives_ep1\\guigfx_ep1.uv gi&quot;' />

change this to reflect the location and filename of the skin you are using. Save the file and launch the game, as long as you have spelled everything ok and the correct path is being used, your beloved skin should be back!

Although this brings your skin back, make sure you have updated the skin with the relevant update or you may miss some features in your game.
    Last edited by lamargo; Aug 9th, 2007 at 23:36:48. Reason: added more info
    Lamargo NM Pistol/Nader - 220/19 - Bio
    General of Insanity-Inc {Omni/Rimor} -> Recruitment Thread - Website

*bump*... had the same problem and corrected it the same way.
    Snarfblatt
    President of Knights of Ka
    Site Admin of AOFroobs.com