Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion regarding pvp-titles

Suggestion regarding pvp-titles

I don't like the current title system in pvp for several reasons. Mostly because of the fact that people can 'farm' titles off others, on BS or elsewhere. Either by ganking (spawn camping anyone?) or hunting them.

Thing is, just because I enjoy pvping doesn't mean I'm after titles at all. But nonetheless I get/loose title points and titles all the time, liking it or not.

Not everyone enjoys that 'title-hunt' some people have so much fun with. Not everyone likes to get spawn camped (screw it, no one likes that ) because someone is after your title or getting hunted by several people on BS all the time. Or doing that to other people to get their titles instead.

So... why not give people the option to disable gain of pvp title points, just like it is with xp.
    You can't get any points anymore that way, although you can loose, and you can still make people in title-range loose theirs if you kill them/do enough damage.

That way people who like to have and hunt for their titles can choose to do so, and those who don't just disable gaining pvp points and loose their title completely after some time.
    [Deadpixels][220/23] Adventurer

Sounds fair to me. Bump!
    TL6 Agent RK1 General of Z.E.R.G
    Farewell, I Quit.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

A client-side option to disable the viewing of titles on players would be a better fix imo. While, as you suggest, you may still be "hunted" on the BS due to a high title you may or may not have, if you pvp well enough to naturally gain that title then I don't understand why you would complain about people wanting to kill you? if it's a pvp environment, then shouldn't you expect that anyway...?

what you're suggesting is that people can basically become immune to gaining points, which would in the end, result in the title system being even more meaningless than it already is.

idk this seems pretty useless to me...

also you mentioned spawn camping twice... the 15 second anti-spawn camp timer should be working correctly now, and it doesn't really take that long to get your butt out of the spawn area anyway - and if there are that many opposing players in your spawn in the first place then i would immagine that you would have alot of allies coming along with you from the decontam room :|
    Last edited by Threeze; Jun 21st, 2007 at 07:30:16.

Hide title? Disable title points?

Why not just take away the entire title system? It's just so meaningless and causes excessive drama and flaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen View Post

Why not just take away the entire title system? It's just so meaningless and causes excessive drama and flaming.

Thats YOUR opinion...I like my title.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Title makes you strong? =)

bump for a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Toyobashi View Post
    I don't like the current title system in pvp for several reasons. Mostly because of the fact that people can 'farm' titles off others, on BS or elsewhere. Either by ganking (spawn camping anyone?) or hunting them.
    Did you pvped pre LE?If so tell me how dif was that situation from the current one?How different was Bore pvp,or TG PvP or WA PvP from BS PvP?Cause hell I can't spot any difference,what you described there is what happen before BS,same thing in other area.
    So my question again WHY SOME MUCH whines over TITLES NOW?There were no such threads before LE(well there were threads about title that cause alot of drama but none to remove them or make them unable in certain zones/moments).

Well sure...but remove all !points bots...after all they're doing the same to PvM what titles do to PvP.Would not be fair to remove just one,they have to leave hand in hand the AO stage.
    Last edited by Sir_Stabber; Jun 21st, 2007 at 12:35:15.

Why not just take away the entire title system?
    Oh noes, you want to nerf again that nerfest prof called soldier?
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

the problem is honest to god somehow some people think titles = pvp so we gota leave it in for them

a disable title option satisfies both though

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Stabber View Post
    Did you pvped pre LE?If so tell me how dif was that situation from the current one?How different was Bore pvp,or TG PvP or WA PvP from BS PvP?Cause hell I can't spot any difference,what you described there is what happen before BS,same thing in other area.
    So my question again WHY SOME MUCH whines over TITLES NOW?There were no such threads before LE(well there were threads about title that cause alot of drama but none to remove them or make them unable in certain zones/moments).

Well sure...but remove all !points bots...after all they're doing the same to PvM what titles do to PvP.Would not be fair to remove just one,they have to leave hand in hand the AO stage.
    Because before LE, if u WANTED to PvP, u spent hours and hours camping/farming uber phatz to max ur toon for PvP. With BS, EVERYONE could PvP easily....but not everyone found they were GOOD at it. Everyone saw the ttls running around in BS, and they wanted one too. Freshy/Rookie, even Apprentice is achievable with a little patience and care, on a PVM toon, but above that it gets a little more "cut throat". So, the "casual" players,(this is not a /flame..its ur account to play as u want), had a tougher time getting higher ttls, without the hard work to get the phatz/skills.

So, they dont want to devote the time/effort into a PvP dedicated toon, (again, not a /flame), and they hate the fact that ppl who did, can wtfpwn them...so, they want to get rid of ttls.

If u really dont care about ttls, why do u care so much about ttls?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

You just made that up didn't ya...

Jan 8, 2002 Your title don't impress me

Jan 23, 2002 PvP / PK Titles

Apr 8, 2002 Understanding FC's (crazy/stupid/broken) PvP Title system

Apr 28, 2002 Restructure of pvp

May 8, 2002 Do away with PVP TITLES!!!!

May 16, 2002 nother PvP idea RE: PvP Titles

Jul 8, 2002 Get rid of titles

Sep 19, 2002 /anon for PvP titles

Sep 30, 2002 Give us a new pvp system, Get rid of titles.

Oct 21, 2002 PvP Titles

Nov 11, 2002 Don't you all realize that PvP titles are actually ruining the game?

Aug 22, 2003 PvP points / removing titles: some ideas

Jul 8, 2004 AO pvp system rides the short bus :/

Jul 12, 2004 PvP Title-System rework

May 14, 2005 Option to diable PvP titles

May 25, 2005 Suggestion for pvp Title system

Apr 16, 2006 PvP titles?

Sep 9, 2006 Wipe PVP Titles. Fix and Start Over

Dec 21, 2006 Remove freekin titles from BS......

Jan 12, 2007 Remove pvp titles

Jan 15, 2007 Anyone else fed up with the pvp title system?

Feb 7, 2007 How to Fix PvP Titles

Feb 9, 2007 Remove title points from BS

Feb 12, 2007 Fix Titles With teams

Mar 14, 2007 About PVP titles. Offer to FC

Mar 17, 2007 PVP Title Vote

Apr 24, 2007 An idea for titles maybe?

May 2, 2007 PVP titles, why are they still ingame?

May 7, 2007 PvP Title Removal Button

Jun 14, 2007 BS and pvp titles

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    So, the "casual" players,(this is not a /flame..its ur account to play as u want), had a tougher time getting higher ttls, without the hard work to get the phatz/skills.

So, they dont want to devote the time/effort into a PvP dedicated toon, (again, not a /flame), and they hate the fact that ppl who did, can wtfpwn them...so, they want to get rid of ttls.
    Sorry dude, but enjoying pvp doesn't mean I'm after titles like you put it there.
    It's ok if you're into this, up to you really. But I'm not, and so are a lot of other players that enjoy pvp it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    If u really dont care about ttls, why do u care so much about ttls?
    ....learn to read? What I care about is the annoying way people camp you for your title. Say what you want, I'm forced to have a title when I'm pvping regularly and I can't be bothered to have to defarm. It sucks that I would have to do just that in order not to get camped like some ****ing mob that drops phatz.

If you want titles ok, if not you should have the option to choose to not get them. It's just fair with such an exploitable system as it is in AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Threeze View Post
    what you're suggesting is that people can basically become immune to gaining points, which would in the end, result in the title system being even more meaningless than it already is.

idk this seems pretty useless to me...
    Lol, and how exactly is what you said with hiding titles any different? Your idea would take farming titles to another scale even if you didn't notice. Farming titles with others not knowing yours, sounds like fun...
    Seems pretty useless to me tbh... would only make most people if not everyone hide their titles all the time, or close to.

Got my point?Ah and you forgot some URL on LOA and DOA.And as you can see pre LE there were 2 threads in 2006,2 Thread in 2005,and 2 in 2004 and one from 2003,and 11 from 2002.And in 6 months after LE we made 12 threads(13 with this one),and the year is not over yet.
    Last edited by Sir_Stabber; Jun 22nd, 2007 at 09:27:30.

bump just give a option to completely disable titles on your toon, and go back to 0 points again no one can complain about that

Got my point?Ah and you forgot some URL on LOA and DOA.And as you can see pre LE there were 2 threads in 2006,2 Thread in 2005,and 2 in 2004 and one from 2003,and 11 from 2002.And in 6 months after LE we made 12 threads(13 with this one),and the year is not over yet.

Yes, your point was that there were
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Stabber
    There were no such threads before LE
    How ignorant, I only put a small portion of a simple search on the word titles...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Stabber
    (well there were threads about title that cause alot of drama but none to remove them or make them unable in certain zones/moments).
    Even more ignorant, since you elaborated what I bolded above, which are many of the threads I posted spreading over every year since these forums have been active...

I didn't 'forget' any.. I just don't have time to be a complete table of contents against ignorant states. Apparently rather than search yourself, you even took my list as perfectly complete.. I also included as many from the beginning of the forums (2002) as the end of the forums (2007)... and chose a few in the middle to include.

Got my Point?
    Last edited by el33tist; Jun 22nd, 2007 at 13:45:00.

You guys fail to see the other side of the pvp title point. Having a high pvp title shows others that you're probably a threat, so if you're targeted for your title, that's your fault. personally I'd kill a novice over a freshman anyday seeing how he's probably a greater threat to the rest of my team. This of course is not taking into account title FARMERS who should just die a slow death anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    You guys fail to see the other side of the pvp title point. Having a high pvp title shows others that you're probably a threat, so if you're targeted for your title, that's your fault. personally I'd kill a novice over a freshman anyday seeing how he's probably a greater threat to the rest of my team. This of course is not taking into account title FARMERS who should just die a slow death anyway.
    Bingo - we have a winrar!

If some people would pull the stick that's firmly wedged up their arse, they'd realize that half the time, a person with a title is *GASP* GOOD at PVP.

Listen - you can't "farm" anything after Freshman. And if somehow you can organize a few friends to build up a title so you can kill them - kudos to you. If you can actually pull that **** off, you should HAVE the title. Because you're gonna loose it sooner or later anyways o___O

I've so far gotten up to Apprentice in my PVP title and I'm actually very proud of myself that I've gotten it all on my own. I plan on working my way higher and facing tougher foes to see if people with the same title can hurt me as bad as I can hurt them.

Spawn Camping and **** like that happens in every single multiplayer game on the face of the planet. You can't help it. The only thing you can do is this - stop playing, take a breather, stop taking it so damn personally, and go back to the game later once you've calmed down and hope that nobody does it again. And if they do? Turn the game off. Don't feed 'em.

And about ganking.. Since when is there morals in a fight? When was the last time you saw two dudes beating the **** out of each other (that wasn't in a sport) that had a set of guidelines? There are no rules in a fight. Bite, kick, sucker punch use weapons... The whole idea is to inflict as much pain as possible to disable the opponent. So ganking? That's basically assassination or getting sucker punched. Deal with it. You don't wanna get ganked? Don't get flagged. Don't go into a PVP zone. Stay away from fights. It's really that simple.
    ...with a cane to the sky like none shall pass.

I don't give a **** about what title I have above my head and it doesn't bother me if I loose it or get a better one. I'm solely interested in pvping, but still if have to put up with some very lame people just because of said title-system. On a regular basis, and that's the whole point I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Riqeshae View Post
    half the time, a person with a title is *GASP* GOOD at PVP
    Define 'good at pvp'. It's rather '90% of the people with a high title play a prof that is op in some way'.

you can't "farm" anything after Freshman
    Says the agent... Lol.

Look, I don't have a problem with those that are after titles. Those that get their titles by hunting surely deserve them, but I doubt that their title means to most that they're better pvpers than others. But rather better 'title-hunters', because imo that's a game for itself and not a skill indicator as it was intended at some point maybe.

And among those title-hunters are people that are very lame, and I see no reason why I have to put up with those if I'm not interested in titles at all. People that are not interested in pvping in any way, they're only after getting titles.

Spawn Camping and **** like that happens in every single multiplayer game on the face of the planet. You can't help it. The only thing you can do is this - stop playing, take a breather, stop taking it so damn personally, and go back to the game later once you've calmed down and hope that nobody does it again. And if they do? Turn the game off. Don't feed 'em.
    And it never appeared to you that most spawn camping on BS happens because of titles?

And about ganking.. Since when is there morals in a fight? When was the last time you saw two dudes beating the **** out of each other (that wasn't in a sport) that had a set of guidelines? There are no rules in a fight. Bite, kick, sucker punch use weapons... The whole idea is to inflict as much pain as possible to disable the opponent. So ganking? That's basically assassination or getting sucker punched. Deal with it. You don't wanna get ganked? Don't get flagged. Don't go into a PVP zone. Stay away from fights. It's really that
    Dude, I have no problem with ganking or getting ganked, thats part of pvp as you said. It's people that play profs who require next to no skill to gank someone, and who do just that which piss me off. Mostly trashtalking idiots that try to gank you over and over and over again just because you have a title in their range. And they wouldn't bother with you for any other reason. Get it now?
    Last edited by Toyobashi; Jun 24th, 2007 at 06:50:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyobashi View Post
    Get it now?

I've always "got it."

It's the people claiming "Oh so overpowered" and **** like that that has a hair up my ass. The ONLY class that can kill without a single ounce of skill is a GM.

ALL CLASSES REQUIRE SKILL TO PLAY. Period. Get over it.
    ...with a cane to the sky like none shall pass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast