Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some way to hide PvP titles?

Some way to hide PvP titles?

I'd really like a option that allows you to hide/show titles but you would still lose and gain titles like normal but it could (will?) reduce the chance that you'll be the number one gank target just because of some silly title. There's probably alot of other positive effects regarding PvP.

Another option would be to remove them.

Another option is to live with the assassin hitlist you get along with being feared.

Not to hard. After all, everything needs a downside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tani View Post
    Another option is to live with the assassin hitlist you get along with being feared.

Not to hard. After all, everything needs a downside.
    So you're saying you think it's ok that some people will be after you in BS for example constantly just because of your title, no matter what? Imo I think that's ruining PvP as it's supposed to be fun and not having to constantly think of your title.

So after u hunted ppl and got a title on actual conditions, u want rules changed so u can better hug yr title?

LOL...l@me

Quote Originally Posted by Angeloxxx View Post
    So after u hunted ppl and got a title on actual conditions, u want rules changed so u can better hug yr title?

LOL...l@me
    ..who cares..
    Limefire, The Great White Hope

To hide your title, get a 4h tower-flag and save at Borealis grid.
    Syy

Quote Originally Posted by Angeloxxx View Post

LOL...l@me
    Could you please learn to read?

Quote Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
    I'd really like a option that allows you to hide/show titles but you would still lose and gain titles like normal
    See? That wasn't that hard, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    To hide your title, get a 4h tower-flag and save at Borealis grid.
    And how would that fix the problems with titles , people farming dmg on you just to get points , people who don't give a **** about everything except getting titles?

I like them the way they are.

Given the fact, you gained yer title by attacking others with a title, would this not make it difficult to gain titles further? You realize EVERYONE would turn their titles off, and youd have no clue who was what (untill you got wtf pwned by a Master).

Tell me you never skiped over a untitled person in a mass fight...even ONCE to shoot at one with a title in hopes of improvment?

As for people who dont give a **** about anything but gaining a title...wlecome to pvp mate. every goddamn game out ther that invovles pvp..has some system of showing "rank" and every single one fo them has the same group of wankers who think by gaining a pvp title (in the case of this game..playing pvp in a broken pvp environment) and gaining a uber title, actually means something.

I get tired of even having conversations with such people, fromt eh incredibally stupid bull**** invovled from them "Pfft...you dont have a pvp title? stfu, you dont know anything about pvp"

That mentality is prevalant allot more than ye think. Personally..Im glad I make a effort to loose my title once I gain one. I get hosed down less, and I can have fun more.
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

Titles don't belong in the BS. It goes against the "Game" that we've been assigned to play.

You shouldn't be able to advance your title by ignoring Battlestation strategy and just popping anyone with an extra word by their name. If you really want to promote BS play, give a title point per control point taken, and remove title advancement through pvp while inside. Otherwise, change the BS to deathmatch. Then titles will matter.
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

me i at first i didnt give a damn about titles...just played to help win BS to i can get max VPs
    then i got all my vps, i got all the LE gear i want

after that what was left for me?
    I tried to see how high I can get...was not anymore interested in winning BS

In this situation are alot of players.... why struggle to win BS when u got all the VPs u need.... just this titles race on BS

its the system..

an onption that allows people to turn off title (aka your reset back down to nothing and you cant gain points) would be awsome i for one hate titles

I'm not a PvPer, I would only parttake for the victory point gain. There really isn't a (solid) alternative for making VP as there should be. Us passive players are forced into fighting a battle we're not prepared for.

I've been saying this for years... and the answer is simple...

Don't give points based simply on the Title of the opponent. Instead use a very complex algorithm.

The algorithm should consider the:
    1) level of the the opponent
    2) Points should not take into account opponent title.
    2) Have a minimal points gained... (this is key to minimize title ganking)
    3) a maximum points gained...
    4) only count an opponent once per some amount of time. (help reduce farming)

Right now you gain more points from killing a lower level freshman if you are rookie than you'd get for killing a much higher level Master than you. That whole notion is silly and messed up.

A player whom is Apprentice could go to a tower raid and kill 100 untitled and gain no points...
    another player could go and die 20 times to untitleds and kill one other apprentice.

The one who died 20 times would gain points and the one who killed 100 other players with no deaths would gain none under the current PvP system.

want fun remove the tittel then u wil see more active pvp,cuz pep camp your tittel or they farm one and go hide or just kill low lvl that they know can't killed them..

or make it like u can onely gain a tittel in a special arena

Better to have a system to detect if your being a wuss in BS's camping your sides Lift or sitting in conceal for 5+ min at a time till an easy titled target goes by.

Then when you leave the BS, the Unicorn guards warp you too them, strip you of your title, then kill you for being worthless to them.

Same can go for some clan equivalent.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Better to have a system to detect if your being a wuss in BS's camping your sides Lift or sitting in conceal for 5+ min at a time till an easy titled target goes by.

Then when you leave the BS, the Unicorn guards warp you too them, strip you of your title, then kill you for being worthless to them.

Same can go for some clan equivalent.
    Agreed. Also take away whatever VP's they earned, which will definitely teach whoever decided to spend the majority of teh battle in sneak mode.
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent
    Ashlotte 102/5 keeper|Yetashan 54/1 MA|Rubiam 35/2 NT|Kumatora 40/2 trader
    Atlantean: Maledia 120/5 doctor|Shawaina 30/2 enf|Shellfury 13/1 sold

Proud member of Core (Rimor) and Hands of Fate (Atlantean)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    There is no IRL. There is only active in game, AFK & extended AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Berrenta View Post
    Agreed. Also take away whatever VP's they earned, which will definitely teach whoever decided to spend the majority of teh battle in sneak mode.
    don't forget turret on their side too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast