Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Make pVp level ranges Title level locked.

Make pVp level ranges Title level locked.

In advance.. before you read, all i'm asking for is a Bump. So if you do agree and believe that if this change was implemented it would really help things out.. then gimme a FAT Bump and show funcom that this change is something that people want and it is something that will definitely help twinks out in their current state.. and who knows, maybe bring back a lil fun?

Do you remember back in the day when there was your pVp and your pVm players?

Before FC made this games actual focal point its b0rked pVp.

i'm not talking about changing any mechanic involving actual pvp or anything like that.. this isn't a "N3RF AS plx!!" thread, this isn't a "C'mon my prof doesnt have reflect and that one does WTB REFLECT!!!" thread, this isnt anything like that..

pVp used to be soooooooo much more stable then it is atm, and thats because more and more people have started pvping and ofcourse what is everyones goal in pvp? to be better then the next guy, so thus the creation of the "original" 170 "twink killers"? that was dumb enough, so isntead of dealing with it everyone wanted to be a twink killer!! so we level up, and then what do you think happened next? "Well.. if they are gonna level up to my level i'll just keep leveling and maintain my level advantage!! but oh wait.. now i am open to t7.. ok it has to be a strict gank toon then!!!" thus all the 207 twinks.. wtf? 207 "twink"? ya.. so now u have 200+ attacking t5 twinks etc.. gg

Do you NEED to kill anyone outside of your title level? i'm suggesting changing the pVp system rules that decide who you are open to attack to. to have the system be individually level dependent and change it to group ranges like the battlestation in a sense but not SO select, so 150-189 would be a pvp range, 205-220 would be another range, this would allow SO much more pvp to happen in borealis and other open spaces due to ppl not being afraid of some t7 to come up and alpha them or somethin stupid because ofcourse someone 40+ levels above u should be able to kill u in pvp!

implement this change please so you dont completely kill T5 pvp.
    Last edited by Barbu; Jun 4th, 2007 at 08:51:12.
    Lodi Barbu Dodi
    Inevitable CarpeDiem Inception

Substance Abuse - 219.20.65
    Pocket Advocate Antifear - 217.18.62
    Notorious Control - 211.15.50
    I Recover Everytime - 174.21.42

Veteran of REDEMPTION

bump, good reasoning and it all is sensible, i dont see why not ^^
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Bump!

i'm glad to hear people agree.. now c'mon FC give me 1 reason why this is a bad idea.

you remember 149 twinks when you knew that u were like the 220's, max level for your pvp range. But now there is no max level for ANY pvp range but 220.. because nomatter WHAT lvl ur twink is there is a "Twink Killer" for you.. until level 220.. it shouldnt be that way.
    Lodi Barbu Dodi

Veteran of REDEMPTION

bump
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

got some good points.. quite frankly when after i hit 175 i was afraid to do anything with a tl7 runing around.. and for good reason.. a lot have no reservations in sending grey's to reclaim..

im not sure if this is the solution but im willing to give it a shot.. BUMP!
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

bump
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

bump
    Master Just ''Vasich'' Evil 220/30/68 opifex agent
    My equip
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=116237

Quote Originally Posted by soaplord View Post
    bump for the best thread ive seenf or a while ;p

p.s. lovin your sig.
    Lodi Barbu Dodi

Veteran of REDEMPTION

bump
    :: LilChubz :: Chubs :: KingChubz :: Guardian Nemesis :: Dumpshot:: Chubberz :: Chubberot ::

Title farmed Neo's and a pocket doc

bump
    So, suck a turd to a point and stab yourself with it!!!

Bump
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Very nice idea just from the raw PvP point of view.This will complicate things alot more in NW for the first few months,for example the TL4 is quite poor now (compared with what it used to be) and I bet we'll see alot of large bases with 150 CT and 140ish towers,such bases are rather easy to take now cause of the tl5 twinks but in the first few months this will be almost impossible to take due to the lack of tl4 twinks,so there we go another reason for new grinds,more eq farming and so on and I'm quite sure the large majority of players are bored of it already.
    As long as this idea will not affect NW(by that I mean that NW should still work on LvL check ) than big bump.
    Last edited by Tehgawd; Jun 4th, 2007 at 13:01:02.

A bump and a small addition.

Those hard locks for the PvP rages would have to be very hard at AI Tech transition spots, which they aren't now. For instance, a 75 toon at AI Tech 2 can attack AI Tech 1 level 60 toons currently. I want to see a hard lock there, where a 75 toon, is unable to attack ANY toon lower than it, even 74. The difference between available armor and items from AI tech 1 to2 is just overpowering.

I'd want to see this lock at 15 and 150 as well. Even if the person chooses not to take advantage of the AI Tech level they are in, they can't attack someone who has the lower tech level.

The only other way i'd see it is if Tech restrictions were removed entirely. I would bump that all day long.

/harls

The second coming has come and actually, just a lock at 75 would be needed since 15 and 150 are already TL points as stated in the original post. SO yeah, Bump all Good GD day long, with a lock placed at 75.

/harls again
    Last edited by Broxma; Jun 4th, 2007 at 19:17:16. Reason: Better reading comprehension
    Let's argue about you. It's so fun to hear all about you and the you things you do. Tell me what you want because you are the most important and only person who matters to you.

bump from 1-220 pvp range!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

So, we would, practicaly, see only level 189 tl5 "twinks"?

No, thanks.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

so we get lvl 99 twinks, 189 twinks.. etc. boring imo. If you don't like how it is at the upper lvls, then I think its best to hit that topic straight on. It wasn't so long ago they moved the range up on the 220-150. Maybe it can be moved again.. ?
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

bump

Hate worrying about TL6/7 gimps ganking me during open pvp in Borealis
    LONG LIVE THE TL5!

PvP
    Expert Benni "Benassi" Live :: 170/17/42 Nano Technician

PvE
    DJ "Khaled" :: xxx/xx/xx Adventurer

Oldschool - highest legacy titles earned.

lol what a joke thread

boohoohoo i leveled my toon too high and now people gank me. maybe 165 wasnt such a good idea eh? shoulda thought about that before you got in snd range

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast