Thread: Titles and damage farmers

Titles and damage farmers

Wtb "damage farmed cleaner" nano, that you can buff yourself with (2-10s cast?), that will remove any damage people have farmed on you for pvp points.
    Only useable when you are not in fight.

Getting kinda tired of gimpy soljas/fixers/agents w/e popping out of sneak farming damage (not even trying to kill it seems), and running away, over and over and over and over again, just to get points from you 2 min later when you die by someone elses hands.

Ofc, make it not usable by soljas, fixers and agents

bump ... or just have the damage toll reduced incrementally ... say 1% every second seconds you aren't in a fight. 100 seconds later and someone else kills you? Then the one that killed you gets the points.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

I think damage stacked on someone should ideally only last a minute or two at most.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Only useable when you are not in fight.
    The problem with that is that you would never be able to cast it. If you're somone worth farming, then someone will always be holding aggro on you.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratink View Post
    The problem with that is that you would never be able to cast it. If you're somone worth farming, then someone will always be holding aggro on you.
    yeah, until someone kills -them-
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Aratink View Post
    You can hold Q active in sneak?

And the fixer/solja/agent part is intended pun btw

Besides, having damage farmed time out after 20s to 1min would be enough really, depends on what's easiest solution for FC.
    Or just have a "press Q" requirement within 10s before death of target.

Any way, I want people to be active in the actual killing, to get their points.

Ofc, beeing a doc, this would probably be another nerf for my "title farming", but w/e.

And no, as a doc, I don't have more then apprentice or novice to be defarmed, as I don't have AS, FA, Burst and fling to damage farm with, unlike you.

Just getting slightly tired of sols/fixers/agents (mostly) playing farm & run on my doc in BS.
    Last edited by Ober; Apr 8th, 2007 at 02:26:57.

Who cares about titles You should be happy they're only farming damage on you instead of trying to kill you

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Just getting slightly tired of sols/fixers/agents (mostly) playing farm & run on my doc in BS.
    I run all the time if I can't alpha kill a doc and they ubt me. It has nothing to do with title farming, just experience. If your alphas fail on a doc and they have you ubted you won't beat them, but things can get quite ugly with ubt, three lines of dots, and aimed shots. It is better to run before the dots hit, use a virus scanner to get rid of the ubt, and try your luck again the next time your paths cross.

Back on topic though, I am in favor of a timer on damage. You shouldn't get points for a hit and run, just damage leading to kills.

how about this.. play another game or stop whining

Quote Originally Posted by Wing View Post
    how about this.. play another game or stop whining
    You move when your apartment gets dirty?

Sorry, "quitting" isn't something I do whenever I hit a nuisance.

a better idea would be to make damage reset when your hp goes above 90%
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Quote Originally Posted by Thehatebank View Post
    nice, dunno how reliable that is tho. Wiping dmg logs after 1 min seems good too (holding them valid for 1 min only).
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Who cares about titles You should be happy they're only farming damage on you instead of trying to kill you
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thehatebank View Post
    Would suit my doctor fine atleast

Would like to see no damage done to you for XXX amount of time = farmed damage reset.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Their team of a handful of teenage coders in a basement of a Norwegian shack would probably have a hard time implementing this.
    So, suck a turd to a point and stab yourself with it!!!

WTB this so bad, too many people who can hardly play literaly AS and run back, sometimes they dont even bother with perks, just to farm damage and wait for others to kill me
    220/22
    Teh "Dokalicious"
    Unit Commander of Legion

Setup still working on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Lol, best one I've heard in some time. Made me really laff.
    Btw, bump for removing pvp titles altogether or making them very easy to get and obsolete over time.
    Oh wait...
    [Deadpixels][220/23] Adventurer

Bump:P
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT