Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PVP titles, why are they still ingame?

PVP titles, why are they still ingame?

Its an indication of how well you can hug your title and how fast you can get away when in trouble. It also indicates that you are able to suprise people and gank them.

It does not in any way show how well you perform in the BS or at towerwars

Hell most of the time its the opposite, an experienced agent sneaks maybe 90% of the time.. (ofc not all agents do that). While a non titled agent captured several points and made a difference!

Lets look at the pro's (if ya know more, post here):

- Less whining between players and on the forums.
    - More joy while pvping, you could care less if you die.
    - It makes people focus on the goal instead of several people. (NW, BS)
    - As a result of this, NW and BS would be a lot more intresting.
    - Overall, it would improve the pvp experience.
    - People are not afraid to lose a BS because of their precious title.
    - People no longer hit alt+F4 when they die so sides get more even.
    - People no longer flee all the time and turn around to fight.

Lets now look at the cons (input also apreciated):

- It's more fun for the suxy pvp profs because they get attacked less by good pvpers. (but they will never get a high title)
    - Its harder to prove the world you are good.
    - No more epeen fights. (for the ones that enjoyed it)
    - People lose a goal to fight for.

There are many threads in here with lots of great suggestions regarding the same topic, would be awesome if you could link them if you made/know one so I will mention it here.

1. One of the suggestions I read recently is to give VP points for kills and for capturing points in the BS.. same for towers.

2. Another suggestion is to give some overview within the BS showing the amount of kills/deaths of you and other people. Also mentioning capturing points and such.

3. Make a weekly/monthly BS ladder, showing the kills and the captures they performed within the BS.

4. Make it possible to only farm titles when teamed. (I dont think this will work tho)

5. 2 kinds of titles, wartitles and pvptitles, wartitles for NW/BS and pvp titles for Bor and flags.

Well please keep the idea's flowing, pvp titles are garbage and I would love to see them removed.. they did the same in WoW.. well then AO must be able to make that change aswell!
    Last edited by Harios; Mar 23rd, 2007 at 18:15:10.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

maybe make it that you can only earn titles in teams, and when the team disbands, so does the title...
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Quote Originally Posted by Thehatebank View Post
    maybe make it that you can only earn titles in teams, and when the team disbands, so does the title...
    Its an idea.. but why not think of a better system that rewards people for doing stuff that benefits the side instead of something that benefits themselves?

Maybe a "kill" count...like # of alien kills....# omni/neut/clan...that way farming would be more difficult. Im not a title farmer..but against all odds, Ive made it to novice...Titles DO show how well ur doin against ur peers. We(I speak for myself and some others I kno), like having a "goal"...
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

To answer the topic... just as there are PvM'ers there's PvP'ers...

no need for a title if you are focused on pvm... btu why just make BS a VP farming place for all PvM'ers?

instead make titels work in team exactly as they are unteamed... add to BS possability to sign up as a team (hence all get inside the BS)

then you would see a whole new BS with assisting and different tactics.

so if the team does most dmg on a person the once in right title range get's points just as if they would have been unteamed.

I still dont think getting titles in team will solve the issues.

There already are teams fighting for titles.. I will explain exactly how that goes:

- 6 high titled in team
    - They farm one person
    - Person dies
    - Teammembers in range of that person leave team and get points
    - They team up again and continue

It already happens.. so it wont be solved.

Titles are wrong, you shouldnt focus on winning pvp points, you should be focusing on winning towerwars and battlestation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Maybe a "kill" count...like # of alien kills....# omni/neut/clan...that way farming would be more difficult. Im not a title farmer..but against all odds, Ive made it to novice...Titles DO show how well ur doin against ur peers. We(I speak for myself and some others I kno), like having a "goal"...
    Exaclty people need a goal! That brings lots of fun!

But then dont make 2 goals that both have very different effects!

You have 2 options when you enter:

1. Care about your title and farm people in range.
    2. Care about winning the BS and die often to capture points.

These 2 things do not support each other!

Why not make a weekly BS ladder?

1. Blaatfroob, Captures: 123 Kills: 234
    2. Froobblaat, Captures: 111 Kills 123
    3. etc

Publish that weekly on the forums or on the site and you have a goal that also helps your faction.

nice ideas.

hope fc can ever implement them. and make it not bugged. and not pointless..
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

Make it month-based and award 3 highest BS kill+capture players at each BS range-instance with 1 RP.

Harios...dont take this as a /flame, but as long as I pay my account, Ill play this game to my OWN needs/wants...following my own sense of honor. Im not a ganker OR a title hugger...but VPs is NOT a goal for me. Being tested in battle is.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Harios...dont take this as a /flame, but as long as I pay my account, Ill play this game to my OWN needs/wants...following my own sense of honor. Im not a ganker OR a title hugger...but VPs is NOT a goal for me. Being tested in battle is.
    if you play the game for you needs/wants, why do you care what others think about you? because that's all what the pvp titles are. e-peen material. you can have FC organize tournaments every month, or maybe just give you a kill count but not a death count. IMO as long as YOU know how good you are, you don't need a title to remind you about that.
    i've said it before, good pvp-ers will always be remembered for what they are/were and not for their titles.
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

Personaly I do not care at all about titles.

I get and lose Freshman randomly and it never makes me particularly happy or unhappy.

It does not affect my behaviour whether I have/do not have a title as well as when I attack any oponent it is not important if he has / does not have a title.

I can only pity and laugh at people that buys titles as then they either stop pvp (or title hug which limits fun of playing) or gets frustrated / lose money whenever they die in pvp.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Some very interesting IDEAS!!! We all know as a coon prof now you will get FARMED by any RANGED proff (ESPECIALLY AGENTS AND AIMED SHOT) Which is really frustrating when you know you will beat these one on one, when they always come after you for a TITLE (though i try anyone).

Anyone with Aimed Shot is likely to Win because they can Kite and hit 7K+ dmg every 11 seconds (wow FUN) When your precious perks (2minutes) ARE DOWN!! (even perks don't make as much dmg as AS,FA in PVP with slower Recharge...

Also can i suggest A recharge of 2minutes for ROOT grafts as they are easily removable but can be effective in people KITING with AS.. Why not Give melee ROOTS and ranged NO ROOTS... would make more sense think about it..

It's mainly for people who have Pride in their characters..

Title farm is the meaning of Ao. It's the meaning of LIFE! You can't simply remove the meaning of life.

I dont get some people's obsession about this. If you dont care about titles, then dont. This thread shows that you do care, no matter if you claim not to.

PVP is unbalanced and not fair it's just hard to take when you have pride in your character that you work on alot to be able to pvp with a chance then get it took away with LE, all about pride..

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    I dont get some people's obsession about this. If you dont care about titles, then dont. This thread shows that you do care, no matter if you claim not to.
    Give me an option to turn off my title, I would.

When I defarm (done it twice), I gain titles while doing nothing, getting farmed because of it and taking revange.. there it starts all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post

- People no longer flee all the time and turn around to fight.
    Oh, I'd still do that, one of my favorite tactics is to see how many people I can have rooted around the BS until its 1vs1.
    Transcendence[OT-RK1]
    Luvr - 220/21 Fixer | Medithor - 220/17 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Medithor View Post
    Oh, I'd still do that, one of my favorite tactics is to see how many people I can have rooted around the BS until its 1vs1.
    well thats a way of fighting, Im more aiming at the people that just run to avoid fights with people they might not win...

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post

Why not make a weekly BS ladder?

1. Blaatfroob, Captures: 123 Kills: 234
    2. Froobblaat, Captures: 111 Kills 123
    3. etc

Publish that weekly on the forums or on the site and you have a goal that also helps your faction.
    It would be nicer to split the 2 stuff, Captures get owns ladder and kills get own ladder.
    Shouldn't be on forums actually, it should get on the site with "Ranking" or soemthing like that. But the idea is really nice, would love to see that come out.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast