Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP title points bar (or a way to check)

PvP title points bar (or a way to check)

It would be a good idea imo, having a bar maybe similar to experience bar that shows your pvp title and how many points you need to earn the next, or how many you loose if you die.

And we can ask Fc some figures or explanations about Teh Myth : "Earning PvP points in team".
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing View Post
    It would be a good idea imo, having a bar maybe similar to experience bar that shows your pvp title and how many points you need to earn the next, or how many you loose if you die.
    so people hug titles and dmg farm even more? no thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by epolass View Post
    And we can ask Fc some figures or explanations about Teh Myth : "Earning PvP points in team".
    you do, i have it just takes about 10x longer

pretty sure this is one of the few MMOs that don't have this feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

i got it remove titles? problem fixed. "i rather have the epeen farmers out of the bs"
    Drlongfellow - 220/25 Doc
    Longfellow - 220/23 Enf
    Majorguns - 220/27 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by DrLongfellow View Post
    i got it remove titles? problem fixed. "i rather have the epeen farmers out of the bs"
    bump

plx
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Not remove titles, no. Change the title system to reflect their statements that they only care about group pvp, not 1-on-1, maybe. Because as it stands, it seems like the title system is centred on duels, which Sil and the rest of FC have plainly said isn't the point of pvp in AO. Award title points to people who are cooperating in working towards a BS victory, rather than, like you say, epeen farmers.

A little consistency from FC on this would be nice

Edit: I know I'll never even get Freshie, because I suck, so what do I care? Still...
    Last edited by Monczeli; Mar 13th, 2007 at 05:25:10.
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Monczeli View Post
    Not remove titles, no. Change the title system to reflect their statements that they only care about group pvp, not 1-on-1, maybe. Because as it stands, it seems like the title system is centred on duels, which Sil and the rest of FC have plainly said isn't the point of pvp in AO. Award title points to people who are cooperating in working towards a BS victory, rather than, like you say, epeen farmers.

Bump for this, titles use the freaking chess scoring system, that does not go with fc's image of group pvp.

Yea thats an idea, like people who gank are known as something different to people that dual, duelers might end up with Gladiator or something cool while gankers end up with Murderer.

Damn. I hate to think about what my score would look like

Quote Originally Posted by Monczeli View Post

That's the ticket.

|\
    ||\
    ||
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

u know what will happen if u do that? farmers will just get eamed and carry on spawncamping certain players for there titles.

/lft pvp farming pst

how about a system where all gas on rimor is 0% but u can only attack someone whos title is the same or higher(otherwise u need a lower title guy to attack u so u can hit back). and also tighten the lvl ranges for pvp.at least pvp will be fun again eh?

All the areas outside towns should get randomly from 75% to 0% like towers gas change too

showing points would make farmers just farm more ^^
    Dark1947 220 / 30 Fixer 1rst fixer AI 30 on Rimor

Advisor of Devil Inside : still looking for new players and pvpers... More info at Devil Inside website here

Actualité Geek et High-Tech Place4Geek.com

Fixer Guides : Low HP setup, PvP and reflects-
    ----------------Tips & Tricks for PVP with your fixer against all profs
    ----------------QL 300 AI eye without burden & without gunship

And that bothers you how?

make it team-based, you get titles just like a team level...
    as soon as the team disbands, the title will last for a hour then vanish...

or, make it that you have to do 100% damage on a target to get points
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Quote Originally Posted by Thehatebank View Post
    make it team-based, you get titles just like a team level...
    as soon as the team disbands, the title will last for a hour then vanish...

or, make it that you have to do 100% damage on a target to get points
    "NOOO! not my precious title!!! *hugs title*"

gotta consider the people that would complain if thier title vanished lol.
    Last edited by Wing; Mar 13th, 2007 at 14:40:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing View Post
    ...while gankers end up with Murderer.
    Lamer might be more appropriate

while ur add it trow in some pvp title locked armour sets
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    while ur add it trow in some pvp title locked armour sets
    yeah, social armor

remove titles
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast