Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hmm, titles....

hmm, titles....

Just some random idea but wouldn't it be cool that nobody gets title points unless they do 100% of the damage to the guy?
    so unless somebody kills you himself, with no help....he won't be able to get a title...

so then people don't get titles from the Battle station if all they do is press a few buttons
    (I'm tired so I'll explain more tomorrow)
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

i agree, make it like when your in a team. Whhen your in a team and go pvping you can only lose titles not gain them.

This is a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by hatez View Post
    so then people don't get titles from the Battle station if all they do is press a few buttons
    mmm what else u do than pushing a few buttons in AO? ha I know! move the mouse too

It would be better to remove PvP titles entirely from game imo, they're just an annoyance making people do crap by either farming or hugging and removes a lot of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomcow View Post
    i agree, make it like when your in a team. Whhen your in a team and go pvping you can only lose titles not gain them.

This is a good idea
    you can gain titles when you are in team,it is not a good idea,because you can attack a guard before you do a duel for example,he can make 0.000000001 damage of the total you receive in the duel and you dont get squat.Learn before you post.

If they removed all pvp titles it would be better.

nah dont remove all togther, its good to see whether someone can own you or not, and by changing this you can make sure that they're actually good =P

nah dont remove all togther, its good to see whether someone can own you or not, and by changing this you can make sure that they're actually good =P
    read again what i wrote,people have let guards farm damage on them before,same as /terminate,so you dont lose titles,get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by hatez View Post
    Just some random idea but wouldn't it be cool...
    ...if some people would try to have at least slightest idea what they are talking about before posting? Or at least try to use their brains somewhat to see the results of another one of their "great" ideas?
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

yea i see what you mean pala but they could fix that so that the guard doesnt effect whether you lose your title or not.

it is all counted as damage,i dont know how could they make it with the current game mechanics,the damage stays till you zone or die+it would not change a thing,someone else could hit you once and you would not be able to get a title,leave em as they are or remove em.

If they make it so any pvp dmg on you makes it impossible to gain title from you i will just nuke myself once.

If DD from self wont work i will equip reflect bracer and nuke myself.

If any dmg from self wont work i will just nuke somebody with reflect/dmg shield once.

If shield/reflect dmg wont work im opening a servive for clan on RK2 with my alt perma logged on BS that will hit once anybody who wants for 500 k. And just asking people i know from clan to do dmg on me when playing main, or using samilar service as mine provided by somebody from clan side.

Also people tend to servive pvp attacks alot of times. Does it means that if you servived 1 attack you cant loose title anymore before zoning?

Just use your brains unlike original poster of this tread.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

how about remove titles all together because theyre retarded and proove nothing.

"zomg neo!! u r so ubar!"
    "no kid, i bought this to make me look good. "
    Supasnipe - 220/15 Agent -Proud Member of United.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidFire View Post
    how about remove titles all together because theyre retarded and proove nothing.
    "
    Noooo, i just got a freshman
    /hugs title
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by SolidFire View Post

bump
    all they prove is you know how to farm dmg on people with similar titles

actually they prove that you are good, not everyones a farmer and not many are.

So far ive earned all my titles, highest ive gotten is only rookie though =P

Nice to see you sevent, it seems you only come to flame me every 2 or so weeks...Thetweek almost took your place

a idea would be, that once your hp goes above 90%, the "damage" is reseted....
    Only players count as damage and something like a NPC wouldn't count

at ll4m4, well, sometimes it takes skills and timing...pressing AS once and getting Title points is stupid....(welll, AS and a few perks)

Pala, I think that would be considered exploiting....I've never seen anybody on RK1...
    plus, there are no guards in the battle stations...(afaik)

Seventshadow, I did say I was tired and just wanted to get the idea out so I wouldn't forget it....it was something like 5AM at the time...but anyhow
    the former idea about 90% of damage....keeping yourself at 90% damage would be stupid and any doctor wanting to annoy you would heal you.....

this idea would be somewhat meaning....if you still wanna be a lame farmer and pay people to get a title...go ahead....
    its annoying that many in the battlestations will not team with others because they want to get titles...

oh and solidfire, if titles are so meaningless why do you hug yours so much? watched you kill some random lvl200 froob then run straight to the BY....
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

again you show your lack of pvp knowledge,you get titles in teams,i dont know where you people get this idea from that you dont,i had people get titles at tara while in team(i got novice in team at BS too)

Quote Originally Posted by Pala View Post
    again you show your lack of pvp knowledge,you get titles in teams,(i got novice in team at BS too)
    From all the testing that we did when LE was going to be out (and we did a lot, including some with GM), it looks like it's impossible to get titles in team. The people that got it in team either :

1) got the kill before being in team, but the message/title only refreshed a while after being teamed
    2) did damage before being in team (damage can be a 10 dshield taken from a enf for example), and then the dude died after you're teamed
    3) some damage types, such as shields (just an example -> this wasn't confirmed) might be counted as individual damage, even if you're teamed [assumption]

If you still don't believe it, do the following. Roll three level 1 toons (let's call them A, B and C). Make a team with A and B, and then chain kill C with B doing all the damage. You'll never get a title, even if you do it 30+ times.

What happened in all our tests is that the first best dd that wasn't teamed got points, even if he only did ONE damage on the target. If everyone was teamed, then points were not lost at all.
    Last edited by Vassilis; Feb 5th, 2007 at 09:20:00.
    Vassilis - lvl 220/30 Adventurer (RK2)
    Perasma - lvl 207/xx Enforcer
    Martingale - lvl 150/20 Fixer
    Gouryella - lvl 114/12 Trader
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

actually they prove that you are good, not everyones a farmer and not many are.

So far ive earned all my titles, highest ive gotten is only rookie though =P
    bump for more naive people in game. get serious man, i'll eat my socks if more than 20% of the titles reflect how good people are at pvp.
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

for your information, almost all TL7's earn there titles.

I dont think ive ever seen someone that's TL7 that's farmed further than Apprentice.

maybe you just suck in pvp and cant manage to get your own title?

If you see someone in bor, flagged, TL7. and they have Apprentice or up. They sure as hell didnt farm there title. You want to know why? because if there so crap they wouldnt be flagged in bor in the first place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast