Thread: Finding items on your account.

Finding items on your account.

I don't know how many people know about this, but sometimes, when you petition about a lost item, the ark/gm will give you a link to a website that has a list of every single item on your character, and where it is, so you can find it yourself, and solve the problem of the item being missing. That only works if you have the item, just can't find it.

My idea is that instead of having this for only when you petition, have it locked to your account, so that if you have an item on your account, and can't find it, but know it's not lost, you should be able to just log in and hit the search function in your browser. Would cut down on the number of lost item petitions the ark's have to handle, and would make it easier to find items that you pass around your characters, because you could just search them all.

Make it passworded, and locked to your account, so nobody else could access it. Also, take out the "lost" items, that it shows, as you don't need to see that unless you really do need to petition, and there is no reason I can see why you shouldn't be able to search through all the items on your account to find the one your looking for.
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Retired Doc Professional
    is this site available to all chars or just when a char requests it from an ark?
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Just the character that petitioned it. And it's not like you can just petition a lost item and you get the page... You only ge tit if the ark/gm thinks it will help.

My idea is to let you view a page like that, but with a few things removed, like the items that you don't have anymore, but are kept for records sake anyway, and just let you view it using your username and password.
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

i wish my printer worked when I petitioned a week ago about a lost LoA and no SPB when I had just done that quest. Would be lovely to get all my stuff in a list backpack for backpack
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

If you are willing to use third party programs, there are some that can inventory your backpacks and make a sorted list of it. One example is AOIS (think the full name is AO Inventory Sorter.)

There should be several forum thread about this. Just do a search to find them.

Would much rather not have to use third party programs, thanks though...
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

great idea. bumpy for that.
    one thing only. does it also show the contents of your backpacks?
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    great idea. bumpy for that.
    one thing only. does it also show the contents of your backpacks?
    Yes. Backpacks in bank, backpacks in inventory, everything. Also the loose items in both bank and inventory.

The toons I have used it on were to new to have a reclame, so I dont' know if it shows what's in your reclame also, but I expect it does...
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

yeah, this would have been nice..

and the 3rd part apps.. far as i know you need to click/open every singel backpack..lot of work if you ask me

Bump... or atleast have a searchable ingame thing if people dont wana use third party progs.
    RK 1 Characters
    Proud Member of Storm
    Ikilljoo 218 Agent ( Leveling watch your back tl7s!! )
    Proud Members of (AOD) Anarchists of Destruction
    Enzo101 164 Enforcer (Doing nothing :P)
    Powerful 69 Advy (no clue what im going to do with this one yet)
    FuzzyWuzzy 60 MA(Leveling to 90ish soon)

Question

wtb ability to make customized queries from my inventory/bank ...from inside bags.

fc should build well enough inventory system for us. mail system could be nice surprice as well to make swapping stuff from char to another alot of easier.

please.

Peace.

--------------------------------------------