Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Profession "Heroes"

The Profession "Heroes"

Looking at most profession's nanolines you catch a few names that appear to be "heroes" of a profession... Calia's the advie hero, Izgimmer/Enfraam are the nanotech heros, Mongo is the enforcer hero, Rubi/Tessai/Kali (or maybe just Kali) are (is?) the MA hero(es?).

For example, the ql66 Mongo Bash! crystal contains this...

Quote Originally Posted by AUNO.org
    Nano Crystal (Mongo Bash!)

Nano Crystal - Created in memory of the famous Arena fighter Mongo, this formula taunts all enemies in the area onto the Enforcer. It also temporarily increases the maximum health of the Enforcer by 1,079 points.
    And of course the notorious Mongo Rage

Are there any other professions like that and what are the heroes' names?
    Last edited by Saetos; Jul 30th, 2006 at 23:25:15.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

It would seem "Mocham" is the hero of MPs.

Mocham's gift

Sadly there doensn't seem to be any description of who this "Mocham" was in the db and a google search didn't reveal much either ...

/Hurtig
    Hurtig 220 trox clan MP Atlantean (dream setup)
    Support the old players ... please FC!
    The Enforcer's prayer read it and live by it

Something about Mocham mentioned in a NT buff, I thought.

Edit: Living Codex of Izgimmer
    Last edited by Kari; Jul 31st, 2006 at 02:15:33.

Feelthelove is a hero of Trox Advies everywhere

Taren from the Ruse of Taren Agent lines mebbe? =/
    RK2: Feelthelove. Atrox Adventurer L212/17: Equip | Pics: 1 2

Willowwhisp over on the Age of Conan Forums, waiting for the game with drool dripping out of my mouth.

Shiroi hada ni kuruu ai to kanashimi no RONDO

Dev is advy's hero

MP's have no hero's

Maybe thats why we are all so angry?
    WTB Trancendant Happiness incarnation!
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

The trader-hero choosed to stay anonymous after giving us the sacrifize, the Shadowland-AC-debuff line and the four amazing trader-pets.

There are rumors that he's currently busy to invent some kind of NT-reflect shield for traders, while all other trader are busy to hunt him down to finally stop his madness.
    Syy

There are a few unnamed heroes here though, they may not be profession specific but if you look up Armors and Guns alot have a history.

For example Candice Kerans on the OT Keran weapons:
    "The Heavy Grinner is a good example of how half-automatic hybrid weapons are not in fashion. The launcher system of the gun was a clever design though, and although it's heavy, it's also very easy to aim. The idea of sulphur-coated lead projectiles was also good, especially since sulphur is abundant on Rubi-Ka. Unfortunately the sulphur does almost no additional damage. The Heavy Grinner is a common patent, this re-design was both due for and possible. The initative and result leading to the making of it is actually a good example of how well OT listens to their citizens: Candice Kerans had tested many sub-machine guns, but found few that had the right combination of speed, weight, firepower, clip size and ease of maintenance. She got the chance to hold the Heavy Grinner once though, and instantly recognized its potentional. By using the proper channels she reached the right people within the OT hierarchy. Carefully she explained her vision, funds were found and research started. Prototypes were built, a new system for sulphur coating were invented, field tests were done - and slowly the KAG got the shape it has now. Feedback so far indicates that Miss Kerans idea was a good one."

<3 j00 Candice

Willowwhisp over on the Age of Conan Forums, waiting for the game with drool dripping out of my mouth.

Fixer "Heroes"

Manex
    Ofoz
    Smokey Willy
    Brenda Diamond
    Sally Tall
    Coco
    scary Dancing Fool
    Sirocco
    okay and the Spoiled Brat for helping out
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

The Executioner - agent hero
    This series of nano programs was originally created by an agent going by the name 'The Executioner'
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by Zargg
    It would seem "Mocham" is the hero of MPs.

[...]

Sadly there doensn't seem to be any description of who this "Mocham" was in the db and a google search didn't reveal much either ...
    Didn't TheDeacon's stories incorporate this in some way?
    I seem to recall Izgimmer working with someone, who became the MP hero..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    Mongo is the Enforcer Hero
    You're mistaken. Mongo is actually the Doctors hero
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Calia for the advs, Izgimmer for the NTs, Mocham for the MPs, The Executionner for agents, Mongo for the enfos, can't remember the other ones atm, think I had read a list on this forum a few monthes ago

Slimsobe is the Traders' Pimp Daddeh!!!!!11!1!!111onE!!!!
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Traquemort
    Calia for the advs, Izgimmer for the NTs, Mocham for the MPs, The Executionner for agents, Mongo for the enfos, can't remember the other ones atm, think I had read a list on this forum a few monthes ago
    Well read....

Quote Originally Posted by Feelthelove
    There are a few unnamed heroes here though, they may not be profession specific but if you look up Armors and Guns alot have a history.

For example Candice Kerans on the OT Keran weapons:
    "The Heavy Grinner is a good example of how half-automatic hybrid weapons are not in fashion. The launcher system of the gun was a clever design though, and although it's heavy, it's also very easy to aim. The idea of sulphur-coated lead projectiles was also good, especially since sulphur is abundant on Rubi-Ka. Unfortunately the sulphur does almost no additional damage. The Heavy Grinner is a common patent, this re-design was both due for and possible. The initative and result leading to the making of it is actually a good example of how well OT listens to their citizens: Candice Kerans had tested many sub-machine guns, but found few that had the right combination of speed, weight, firepower, clip size and ease of maintenance. She got the chance to hold the Heavy Grinner once though, and instantly recognized its potentional. By using the proper channels she reached the right people within the OT hierarchy. Carefully she explained her vision, funds were found and research started. Prototypes were built, a new system for sulphur coating were invented, field tests were done - and slowly the KAG got the shape it has now. Feedback so far indicates that Miss Kerans idea was a good one."

<3 j00 Candice
    The OT Keran's was named after this player who was the fixer professional for a time I believe. http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac.../1/name/nettie
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rak
    The OT Keran's was named after this player who was the fixer professional for a time I believe. http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac.../1/name/nettie
    Hmm. <3 j00 Candice

Mocham cant be MP hero, as Mocham is directly responsible for us being hunted down like we are rabid dogs or something
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Fixer heroes will probably remain a secret, since we are part of an underground hacker movement. People like Ofoz, Sirroco, and Dierdra Lux do get a bit of attention, but they are not "heroes" of the profession,. They are just hackers that have gained a bit of notoriety.

Candice "Nettie" Kerans indeed made her place in history with helping to deveolop a really nice fixer SMG.

Manex isn't a fixer, its a weapons manufacturing company.

Divaad - another MA

The whole bunch of engineer 'heros', most of them are mentioned in armor names: Ray Links (Links armor)
    Jeff Bau (Bau armor)
    Katarina Waitt (Waitt armor)
    Gene Albrecht (Albrecht tank)?

Soldier - Jane Flowers (creator of Flower armor)

Doctor - Venice Raven (Raven's armor)

Trader - Bruce Obtru (Obtru armor)

Fixer - Nadir Antagonist (Nadir armor)

Agent - Sid (Sid armor)
    Last edited by cerb; Aug 1st, 2006 at 23:47:22.
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast