Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solitus poor decision?

Solitus poor decision?

Is it really that bad a choice for a balanced combination of PvM/PvP compared to the advantages of an Opifex? I play on RK2 as omni and tried finding some 210+ Solitus agents to question but I couldn't find any. I searched the forums and the only advantage I've seen is some people say Solitus will have an easier time equipping higher lvl symbiants (QL260), and a little more hp/nano (~250) . I watched some PvP videos of two lvl 220 Solitus agents on RK1 (Obtrusive/Celphious) and they seem to do more than fine. I just don't want regret being TL7 and wishing I was an opi, although I am opposed to their skinny gray appearance
    Last edited by ragesaurus; Jan 11th, 2006 at 21:20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by ragesaurus
    Is it really that bad a choice for a balanced combination of PvM/PvP compared to the advantages of an Opifex? I play on RK2 as omni and tried finding some 210+ Solitus agents to question but I couldn't find any. I searched the forums and the only advantage I've seen is some people say Solitus will have an easier time equipping higher lvl symbiants (QL260), and a little more hp/nano (~250) . I watched some PvP videos of two lvl 220 Solitus agents on RK1 (Obtrusive/Celphious) and they seem to do more than fine. I just don't want regret being TL7 and wishing I was an opi, although I am opposed to their skinny gray appearance
    The best PVP agent (Obtrusive) is Solitus, and like you said, he seems to do more than fine. I doubt you'll be regretting it unless you want to get ql 300 combined sharpshooter on a few levels earlier :P
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

All the solitus agents I know do pretty well, haven't heard any complaints.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Opifex has green skill on sense/agi. Ive talked to several people about this issue and the reason why they choose opi is mainly cuz of this since rifle is agi/sense based.

My agent is a 215 Solitus agent and tbh i never liked opi cuz I feel they are abit gimped to get stuff on (depended on lvl)

/bullsaye

Aint much difference really. Opifex *IS* better though, but its not anywhere as better as being Atrox, for example.

It is however, overall better than solitus, but it really comes down to how you play making a bigger effect.

It's still better statswise though. ;p
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Trox - Opi - Soli - Nano would be the ranking imo. That being said, the difference between soli and opi will be of little importance compared to the players skill. However, there is no reason to make an agent anything else than trox at this time.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

The only good thing from being solitus as an agent is the root SB (if you're omni).

everytime i dual i die from running out of nano too early..nano mage ftw!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by torakx
    everytime i dual i die from running out of nano too early..nano mage ftw!! lol
    really?
    The Gimp:Dinnerfork
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    I have this disturbing image of the US Army jumping one by one out of my cereal bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    it really comes down to how you play making a bigger effect.
    no it's all about being atrox ppl say!

Player skill always is what makes the difference and i dont think soli is a bad choice at all. As long as you enjoy your char there isnt much to question yourself about.
    High end, opifex will get more rifle/as/evades but the difference wont be that huge compared to soli's stats, nowadays twinking into agi/sense gear is as easy for a soli as it is for an opi - ai armor having lower reqs than t3 for exemple.

- Sylfarin
    Last edited by Sylfarin; Jan 12th, 2006 at 05:20:36.
    AO's MOTD
    There does seem to be problems with the internet itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullsaye
    Opifex has green skill on sense/agi. Ive talked to several people about this issue and the reason why they choose opi is mainly cuz of this since rifle is agi/sense based.

My agent is a 215 Solitus agent and tbh i never liked opi cuz I feel they are abit gimped to get stuff on (depended on lvl)

/bullsaye
    Not only rifle.. Evades are raised due to agility/sense raises, which are vital in pvp (well, most of the time).

You can do fine on whatever breed depending on what you wear and how you play.
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh
    Not only rifle.. Evades are raised due to agility/sense raises, which are vital in pvp (well, most of the time).

You can do fine on whatever breed depending on what you wear and how you play.

I cant say that agents is a "good" evade proffession, but in the end I guess all evades is a must for pvp.

yes evades are the way to go in general i think..mine are getting to a stage now where alot of sols miss fa on me.which isnt too bad when ive got gimp equipment

ps zoolander wat i ment was when i die its ussually from running out of nano or else some nasty gangbang. but nano seems to be a problem for me when i cant keep them at range i only get a few ch's and thats me out.this happens mainly on cocoon professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullsaye
    I cant say that agents is a "good" evade proffession, but in the end I guess all evades is a must for pvp.
    Throw an evades setup on, with maximized def/evades; and you'd be surprised at either how good you are or how utter crap are the people's AR that you fight everyday.
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

Evades/ar = the way to go...but don't forget to keep some HP stuff... because if a prof can perk you (enf) and all you have is max evades with like 10k hp your done for...but yes Solitus is a POOR decision...unless you have the perk "sphere" but then you'll lose dmg since you'll be missing either "made" or "heavy artillery".
    [Team] Nautys: Oh crap! there's bout 6 clams inc. all orange names to me ***team kills 3, others flee***
    [Team] Nautys: U not on team-window, Hex..
    [Team] Hexous: Remains of <clanner1>
    [Team] Hexous: Oh s**t! Im dead
    [Team] Hexous: wait.. no im not ***brief pause***
    [Team] Hexous: Remains of <clanner2>
    [Team] Hexous: other one got away =/ ***2 minutes pass, Hex still not back***
    [Team] Nautys: Hrm.. where Hex got to now?
    [Team] Hexous: Remains of <clanner3> ...Got um
    ~~~ Hexous 220/23 Agent ~~~ Yes...your daddys in The Untouchables

http://www.theuntouchables.ru/

Quote Originally Posted by Prion
    The only good thing from being solitus as an agent is the root SB (if you're omni).
    Pff if your clan you can help n00bs get scopes on at lvl 1 duh
    Originally Posted by Katth
    Infusion is an idiot, nuff said.

Originally Posted by SPOTY_DNW
    I have a dream....
    A dream of a patch which include no new content, but 75% of our very,very old bugs are fixed.

Expert - Evilshot BS junkie
    Apprentice - Infusion99 Converted Tradeskiller
    Rookie - Solshot TL5 Twink
    Rookie - Infus TL3 Twink in progress

mine is solitus, now at 220 and since i'm done with perks and symbs, and look back, i would have rolled opifex
    220/20 Agent Proud Veteran of Nemesis
    214/14 Enforcer Proud Member of Nemesis

(Servers first Solid Skull Smasher)

111 Egnineer Proud Member of NemX

I'm a proud Member of the CoT.

Quote Originally Posted by disiegor
    mine is solitus, now at 220 and since i'm done with perks and symbs, and look back, i would have rolled opifex
    Ouch
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Quote Originally Posted by torakx
    yes evades are the way to go in general i think..mine are getting to a stage now where alot of sols miss fa on me.which isnt too bad when ive got gimp equipment

ps zoolander wat i ment was when i die its ussually from running out of nano or else some nasty gangbang. but nano seems to be a problem for me when i cant keep them at range i only get a few ch's and thats me out.this happens mainly on cocoon professions.
    QL200+ stims, battle prepared nano recharger, genius, nanodelta....it all adds up. I find in self buffed duels I always have more than enough NCU so I use CPU upgrade. If I feel it's going to be a long fight I use azure BP. But generally you just need enough nano to survive their defenses (bioshield/acrobat/whatever) and then you hand them their ass on a silver platter, right?
    The Gimp:Dinnerfork
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    I have this disturbing image of the US Army jumping one by one out of my cereal bowl

well im still in the learning phase of pvp and trying different tactics.
    when i posted there it was after been beaten by a keeper 1v1 without kiting.
    i just cudnt last long enough to get an alpha in.had to chain ch to barely survive lol.
    but i dont have much good gear atm.id love a gaily painted hood ) or some beast armour

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast