Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tab settings, PvP-less

Tab settings, PvP-less

If you're like me, you avoid PvP like a psychotic ex girlfriend. Targeting people of the 'other side' or neutrals with tab is just an inconvenience. I never get flagged and stay out of 25% zones.

To that end, I'd like to suggest an option in configuration, "Tab targets". Enable it to target "Monsters & Players" or "Monsters only". It would certainly smooth out alien playfield when we have 4-5 neutrals tagging along. And you could just set it back to "PvP" mode if you do any PvPing.

Just a suggestion. I know the people who PvP wouldn't see much use in this, but those of us who are strictly Player vs Monster would greatly appreciate it.

would be handy when you're missioning with neut pet users also.

good idea.

bump for a good idea, (and the psychotic ex girlfriend analogy)

have a single F10 option, that will toggle Tab to Monster only, and All (default)

i dont pvp, and i will probably never pvp. (atleast not for any kind of enjoyment)

but with an action as functional as "tab targeting" is, if you team with a neutral MP/Engi/Crat you now have to press the key a heck of a lot more to find a "hostile" target.

i personally never figured out why, as soon as we are in a team, u all do not become friendly, regardless of faction.

that way we could team with neutrals and tab wouldnt pick them and their pets up as "hostiles" and we can get on with the task at hand, killing that nasty mob who is determined to bury his foot in someones chosen/faithful orifice.

but im pretty sure this topic has been raised before with no recourse,

(click for a way over the top example)

but still.....

bump for a good idea

bump, to make apf easier
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

Quote Originally Posted by darthgedo
    bump, to make apf easier
    As if it isnt easy enough to /assist

On topic, would be kinda nice not having to tab through damn omni/neuts/pets when trying to keel aliens o.O
    Deviation
    Kayze

Applicant of Eternal Fury

╔╗╔╦╗╔╗ ║║╦╔╗║║
    ║║║║║║╗ ╠╣║╔╝║║
    ╚╝║║║╚╝ ║║╩╚═╚╝

When you fix tabbing, please do it right: there are three factions in game and there are moments where you only want to tab one of the other two.

Tab:
    [x] Monster
    [ ] Clan
    [ ] Neutrals
    [x] Omni

It's not hard to switch between your suggested pvp and non-pvp setup when all you have to do is click 2 boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate
    As if it isnt easy enough to /assist

On topic, would be kinda nice not having to tab through damn omni/neuts/pets when trying to keel aliens o.O
    LOL i was talking about callers
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria
    When you fix tabbing, please do it right: there are three factions in game and there are moments where you only want to tab one of the other two.

Tab:
    [x] Monster
    [ ] Clan
    [ ] Neutrals
    [x] Omni

It's not hard to switch between your suggested pvp and non-pvp setup when all you have to do is click 2 boxes.

bump to have this included in the F10 options settings!
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

bump for this

pretty please FC
    o.O

pVp accenter?

Here's some options that you could set the tab settings to

"Non-org" (targets anyone who is not in your org. Great for notum wars)
    "Non-side" (what it is currently set at)
    "Non-player" (Will only target 'monsters').

I think it would be simple to implement (Tabbing is client-side just scrolling through a list).

Quote Originally Posted by securitywyrm
    Here's some options that you could set the tab settings to

"Non-org" (targets anyone who is not in your org. Great for notum wars)
    "Non-side" (what it is currently set at)
    "Non-player" (Will only target 'monsters').

I think it would be simple to implement (Tabbing is client-side just scrolling through a list).
    May i remind you that there are three sides in game, and that there might be situations where only one of the other sides count as hostile? There are even situations where the own side is hostile, for example in a mission with aligned mobs.

May i remind you that there are three sides in game, and that there might be situations where only one of the other sides count as hostile? There are even situations where the own side is hostile, for example in a mission with aligned mobs.
    Heh, he said settings, meaning you could change em :P, I like the one stated before, just non-player and default, would be ncie to not select pets when your trying to tank lol
    209 Pimp Sold Shinjieva|*Equip*|
    Blueman Silenthack|*Equip*|

Totally

yeah, imagine APF if having people from the other side there wasn't a huge pain in the ass for the callers?

I do like an extra option of 'non-org' for one of the settings. otherwise the PvP people will say "This is a stupid idea don't put it in". Gotta have something to get their whining arses on the bus.

yeah, imagine APF if having people from the other side there wasn't a huge pain in the ass for the callers?

I do like an extra option of 'non-org' for one of the settings. otherwise the PvP people will say "This is a stupid idea don't put it in". Gotta have something to get their whining arses on the bus.
    LOL @ irony.
    Nuggets "Kebla" Chucker Solitus Keeper (retired)
    Reverend "Kable" Master Solitus Agent (retired)
    and so ends this chapter...

Tab:
    [x] Monster
    [ ] Clan
    [ ] Neutrals
    [x] Omni

Bump.
    Either include it in F10 or just make it a command if it's easier to implement.
    ( In case of command there should be a chat feedback like: "Targeting: Monster, Omni" )

Obviously the pets should be included.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthgedo
    bump, to make apf easier
    Indeed.
    As of now the side that accepts Neutrals is disadvantaged not only by sharing teh phatz, but also by the painful targeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthonian
    As of now the side that accepts Neutrals is disadvantaged not only by sharing teh phatz, but also by the painful targeting.
    Try tabbing at apf as neutral.

Try tabbing at apf as neutral.
    That's what you get for not choosing a side ...joking
    Sure it's even worse for Neutrals. And I'm glad that Omnibot (unlike Apfbot) accepts Neutrals even though this means sharing teh phatz and painful targeting.

Bump

Gotta bump it up.

In terms of coding in, this would be fairly simple. Targeting is client-side (it does not ping to the AO server when asking if something is targetable or not). The ability to target chests through a wall with animal form is an example of this. To that end, the variable of 'do i target other players or not' would be set on the same parameter that means targeting does not target shop consoles or doors.

I would suggest that when this mode is turned on, a little dialogue menu pops up, "Please realize that this mode will prevent you from automatically targeting other players and their pets with target cycling. This mode is not recomended for if you intend to engage in player vs player combat." That way, people can't later whine "oh I had that mode on and I died at Tara wtf remove it!"

PS : While I'm here, PLEASE bring back the ability to rename charms. Yes, we realize a bunch of people made level 25 bureaucrats and went around renaming leets to obscene words. It was a very sloppy option to just remove that ability rather than fixing it so a mob's name resets when the charm wears off (or for example, it checks to see if a mob is charmed every half hour, and if not, resets the name).

If you're like me, you avoid PvP like a psychotic ex girlfriend.
    Your psychotic ex girlfriend plays AO and avoids PvP?

Sorry for being oh so not constructive but i totally misread what you typed...

Anything that makes tabbing easier is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast