Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: implantHelper v1.0 with source

implantHelper v1.0 with source

v1.0 Initial Release

An implant design tool... not another you say? Well, yes... none of the existing tools are being further developed nor do they have source code available. And neither support Shades and spirits.

So, here is a first stab at a replacement for the existing tools that rectifies these shortcomings... (though it no doubt has several entirely new ones all of its own ).

Any thoughts, comments, bug reports etc, either post here or PM me. And it will be developed further, if only to make it look nicer...

Download from here.

NOTE: Requires .NET framework v1.1 and Jet4.0 (see here)
    Last edited by Darkbane; Mar 14th, 2006 at 13:40:33.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

looks pretty nice, nice job
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Thanks There are a few known issues with it (requirements won't always be right at the moment for example), and there are a few UI things I want to do, so expect a new version within the next day or two.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

just downloaded it.

always nice to have "supported" programs that can take into account new content.

Oooh! Nice!

I really like the way the cluster positions greens out when I select a certain skill. Sorta what I allways wished NanoNanny would do!

Nice work Dark. At first glance, everything looks good. I am happy with your implementation of the Find feature. With Nano Nanny, I am always switching between by-skill and by-location views. With iMatrix (which I otherwise prefer), I really do not have the option to use such feature.

That's why I've always needed both.

With your implementation of Find (highlight location but don't change), I *might* just be able to get by with only one app for my implants now. ^_^

With symbiant options, I might suggest that you have them sorted by QL? Right now, the drop-down list appears to be sorted alphabetically.

Also, is it possible to display what ability is required for the implant dynamically, as you swap clusters? This is how iMatrix works currently, and its handy when you are just trying to playing around with an implant until you get a more palatable requirement.

Lastly, do you have plans to add a "Shopping List" printout report? How about some formatting on the Benefits screen to organize them (also a la iMatrix)?

Great work. =)
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

I got an error right away upon trying to open the exe,

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click ok to terminate the app..
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

All these things are on my to-do list I've just added tool-tips that show the current modifiers an implant/symbiant will give and fixed the requirement calculations, but will look as to what else I can fit in before I release 1.01...

I got an error right away upon trying to open the exe,

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click ok to terminate the app..
    I'm presuming it's because you haven't installed the .NET framework, as it's the same error I get.

Heh, yes... should have mentioned that... you'll need the .NET Framework 1.1 from the MS web site. I'll edit the original to mention that...

Yep figured that out after I tryed your other app - fixed the error
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    LOL

v1.01
    Corrected requirements calculation, tool-tips to show current benefits for each imp/symb/spirit, extra row to show required ability for imps and symbiants now in ql order.

download here

Guess printing is next on the to-do...
    Last edited by Darkbane; Mar 14th, 2006 at 13:45:35.

looks promising sofar and thanks for the work you put into it

what i really would like to see is the min ql cluster thing which could be found in IMatrix.
    Shopping list which can also be sorted by cluster spots (faded/bright/shining) and there alphabeticly, that was always the easiest to buy the clusters i need.

Mentioning the Nanopgramming skill you need is also something neat.

Not really needed for myself, but i guess for the newer ppl it's neat to have the option to set the base abilities of the Implant. where you can get then a page with the clusters you could swap out to get another req on the imp. find the as mentioined before the dynamacly calc'd ability generating from IMatrix awesome too.

do that, and i got a new implant designer!
    Thorture - 215.17 Enforcer [ Equip ]

Nice work!

Now, if you could just link it into the shopping terminals so that it delivers a shopping list to the terminal and the terminal spits out the correct QL clusters A UPS service to deliver the clusters to my luxury apartment in Jobe would be ok.
    Lorna, 209/13 Trader on Die Neue Welt
    Jaegerin 220/21 Adenturer equip
    Yeuh 220/20 Doctor equip
    General of Midnight Syndicate

- Live long and prosper, but not at the expense of your comrades

v1.02
    Added suggestion tab for finding suitable clusters to make implant depend on specified abilities, added printing with shopping list feature and minimum valid QLs (remember, implant QL can increase when adding clusters, so do take that into account...), made minor tweaks.

download here
    Last edited by Darkbane; Mar 14th, 2006 at 13:45:25.

Imatrix is okey but dear god why is it so sloooooow, haven't tried this new software but hope it is a bit faster then imatrix.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Nice app, thanks for that. Cluster find feature is awesome, and execution speed is really nice, keep up the good work.

And a BIG thanks for sharing sources, that's just pure <3
    220 Psiloaded Shade - Eqp - Perks
    220 Stelai Doctor - Eqp - Perks

- Nemesis -

I, too, like the program. I like the find system, too, though it'd be nice to have a button to automatically set a skill into all available clusters. The Quick Config (iMatrix) and Auto Allocate (nanonanny) functons are also helpful for us noobs.

That, and showing the nano programming requirements for various implants are the biggest things I'd like to see

Good work so far.
    Finne, Keeper 92/2, Omni, rk2
    Gabrel, Doctor 38/2, Omni, rk2

Liking this program so far. I've no suggestions to add as others seem to have requested what options I would like to see added. Only thing I noticed is that in the Requirements tab you have treatment spelled as treatement when building implants, it's fine for a symbiant in a slot.
    Technology Breeds Anarchy

Do not walk behind me for I may not lead,
    Do not walk ahead of me for I may not follow,
    Do not walk beside me either, just leave me the hell alone.

Heh, thanks Working on next version with shopping tab, and I'll be looking at how the NP req work to see if I can get that sorted too.
    Last edited by Darkbane; Sep 9th, 2005 at 00:16:31.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast