Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Post your n00bie stories

It's fun to run through West Athens being a shade. Everyone is staring at me asking me about my loot and what I am. Like a mini spectacle. I spent about 20 minutes telling them about Tir Ring quest. They were so happy to learn stuff. I help whenever I can.

The other thing that is fun to watch is noob PvP. They don't know much so it's just a slugfest. Very amusing.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

It' is rather fun to be an adventurer in saber form in west athens outside subway,
    people run up to you and look, then move to the sides, my mp flying got a few looks to

I even teamed at hecklers in nascense with an adv that had upgraded the free game with sl, he seemed nice enough and kept me alive
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

my friend started playing ao not too long ago, i told him about clicksaver, and few days later he earned his first mill i love to help new ppl, not by giving cash, but explaing and answering questions they have. a helping hand can in some times decide if the player leaves or stays. we all been new and i sure rember that wasnt easy

Those noobs are heart warming

I once showed a lowbie enf how big enfos could get at high lvl..
    the only thing the guy could say was: ooohhh... woooowww...
    Then I equipped my yalm and I was 2x bigger then RBB..

Was awesome to see noobs go nuts about it
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

On the first free account day in Rome Blue I get a tell:

[SomeNewbie]: OMFG you are lvl 200!!!

As if I didn't know Of course I told him I was lvl 202, which took some further explaining

I was sitting out by the north gate in bor last night, my own little hidy hole, cleaning up my inventory, alt-tabbing to forums, and reading chat, when a 35ish adventure in reet form flats on over and asks me "whatcha doing?" "enjoying the view" We had a really good conversation, It was the first time I had some-one go "wow your level 200!" and I thought for a moment "I am?" still getting use to it.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

Talking

lol Talan. I still feel like a lowbie sometimes but i know i am not anymore...
    Looking at ppl that i thought was higher lvl than me and find out that they are like 10 15 lvls lower than me is kinda wierd.
    oh and those ppl that you teamed with on an alt like a month ago and now they are 215 220 :P
    not about lvl at all it seems which is fun

/salute to all you newbies here <3 you guys!
    /salute to all you greeters too <3 you too
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

I tell you what is freakier, those people you teamed with on 4 alts that never level, that are no 214
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

So I made a newb doctor--in a team mission i picked up a nice lvl 86 caterwaul.

Theres an agent I had been seeing around alot who I tried to talk to because he was using pistols!! He was obviously new, had no idea about false profession etc etc. Well he wasn't very receptive to my advice to say the least, so I let him go his own way.....

Fast forward a few days--I see this agent again and to my pleasant surprise has a RIFLE !!! Well, me being an ex-agent noobie I decide to be generous and give him the caterwaul, (which he accepts without a mere thanks), I even tell him after our mission I will log my agent and help him get it on. So the mission is over, I tell him I'm going to log my agent (no response). Agent logs in, I send him a tell, (no response). I pm one of our teammates from the previous mission. His response to me..."you're not going to be happy"

"Why is that?" i ask

"that agent is bragging about the new weapon he has equipped, A BOW BLASTER"

I again /tell the agent "Hey if you dont want that rifle, I'd be glad to take it back"

" I can't, I sold it"

"YOU SOLD IT YOU $%^#$ THATS ABOUT THE BEST WEAPON THERE IS FOR AGENT"

calming down

"Well i hope you got a good price for it, it was worth a good 500k credits"

"I sold it to shop"

I've been around Rome a lot in the last weeks - to level my alts and see the hordes running around (althoug on RK3 it isn't so full - but still "full house").

Beeing in a subway-team with my noobkeeper: the doc started to beg for the "vengance"-buff everytime it ran out on him.

me: It's ok, it'll be back up in some sec's - it recycles.

no answer.

next time it ran out: doc starts to beg again...

Good thing is: those who get to know the game allready get the "i need to have this"-attitude. Like some guys over lvl25 camping the subway boss and the mobs around for various reasons

and I love all those TeamMiss requests in the chat - especially those from lvl8 fixers
    If Jesus Christ is still alive and well, how come John and Elvis are dead?

----------------------
    Ueli, advie
    Chriskross, doc
    Kumicou, agent
    Abbak, trader

upon demonstrating morphs to a new player to much ooh and ahhs he delivered the classic:
    xxx: can you turn into a squid?

i had to dissapoint.
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

Quote Originally Posted by fhinn
    xxx: can you turn into a squid?
    hahahaha

wtb Calia's Form: Cuttlefish (Other)
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

one time I was on an alt doing spiders in ely we were all about lvl 80 or so, this soldier was in the team and had a Prennium blaster on, which indicated to me that He knew what he was doing, so he lit an FA on a spider and managed to get aggro, I say to him "use tms" ...... still beating the soldier down "tms! tms TMS!!!" , he dies.... and says "WHAT THE F__K IS TMS!?!?!?!!?"

=)

that's not all, this newbie comes up to me pre-SL and asks me for 10m credits. "why do you want 10m credits? what could you possibly buy for 10m that you need?" He replies: "i want to pain my yalm red."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin
    one time I was on an alt doing spiders in ely we were all about lvl 80 or so, this soldier was in the team and had a Prennium blaster on, which indicated to me that He knew what he was doing, so he lit an FA on a spider and managed to get aggro, I say to him "use tms" ...... still beating the soldier down "tms! tms TMS!!!" , he dies.... and says "WHAT THE F__K IS TMS!?!?!?!!?"

=)

that's not all, this newbie comes up to me pre-SL and asks me for 10m credits. "why do you want 10m credits? what could you possibly buy for 10m that you need?" He replies: "i want to pain my yalm red."
    Death before disfashion...
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Heh you wouldnt believe how many buff beggars wanted cash for the upgraded yalms when ai came out "Yah ill just give you a few mil so you can bug 30 other ppl until you get sumthing thats not needed at all..." best part is when they would bitch at you for being greedy and not donating lol

I just wanted to thank regidoc for making a nice kinda thread about new people instead of something more hostile like we've seen before.

*bump for keeping this thread about stories that don't degrade people for being new or having questions*
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Makes you feel good when you can help a new player out with some answers,
    especially when they listen to it, some people go on ignore really fast though,
    but that is not that many considering the amount of new people in the game, hats of for people being polite and truly interested in learning.

One thing that surprises me (although I guess I should have seen it coming) is the sheer amount of swearing and mud-slinging on the public chat channels. I'm not particulary thin-skinned. I live in northern Norway and we know how to make a crow blush, but ...wow!
    I played an alt yesterday and I've never dumped so many into the ignore pile before! I guess the average age in AO has drop dramatically since mid December.

Anyway, one Omni player wanted directions to TOTW yesterday. Among the usual bull was a goodly amount of misdirections, so I sent him a /tell with detailed instructions, also warning him not to listen to the idiots. He thanked and added "Im not a noob! I just didn't know how to get to TOTW from Rome.".

And of course there was the (certified) newbie who didn't understand the most basic instructions to find the portal to Jobe. I tried explaining it to him after first getting confirmation that he was in Rome Green. After several unsuccessful attemts I had a revelation and asked him to press F9 and dump the result in chat. He was, of course, in Blue...
    ... they gather, like big cats around the water hole, waiting for the weak and the wounded to stagger into their territory so they can exercise some violence, and feed their starving reputation ...

Roleplay? Sure! RUR.has.it!

i usally get spammed every day with questions, i dont mind helping n00bs in lvl 10, but when lvl 50-80 ppl that have been playing for quite a while, comes spamming me with stupid
    questions every day, i mean when they ask be4 they even looked it up. i said go look on auno.org if u need any info on it. then it goes two secs "omfg how do i use clicksaver???!!oneoneoneonee.
    Some1 comes begging for cash, asking stupid questions, and askes me prof spesific quesitons, i go like "i dont
    know, ask a high lvl guy witch is the same prof as you." last night some dude wanted me to pay his pere blaster.
    i am saving up for a heavy notum tank, some new symbs, and some other stuff. i love to help lowbies, like lvl 10 ppl
    who never played ao be4. thats so cute, i love to help em by giving em some new items and such, i dont belive in
    giving them money since as THEDECON once said : "by giving money to newbies, you contribute to lazyness!" witch i belive is very true.
    Last edited by coraxx; Jan 10th, 2005 at 10:10:31.
    Lliellin - 182 Doc

The best thing to do, I think, it just try not to take it personally when these beggars come up to you. For every 10 beggars out there (slap an /ignore on them if it makes you feel better ) there's gotta be at least a few good newbies who really just want to learn the game. Recruit a few of them into your org, it helps sometimes to focus on a few of them instead of drowning in the massive flood of OOC questions. And remember that time when you were a newbie and you couldn't figure out how to delete a NODROP item, didn't know where the grid was, and had no idea you needed more than 8 NCU to progress in the game.

But I heartily agree, giving into someone's begging teaches them nothing but to beg more.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast