Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you're NOT an NT, read this...

If you're NOT an NT, read this...

This is a brief request from an NT who has been visiting these forums for some time. I've spent a lot of time reading interesting ideas, helping out newer players, and just being part of a community. Over the past several months, I've grown more and more frustrated by the attitude of the non-NT player base towards us. While I could probably spend hours writing about the issues that lead me to posting this thread, I'm going to simply summarize the ideas and hope that it is enough. And hope that flaming and heated insults don't result in its being closed.

1. The NT profession and particularly those NTs who frequent this forum are quite aware that a portion of the player base dislike the ability we have to kite. We understand that some of this frustration comes from mishandled kiting that leads to training and deaths of players who happen to be in the area. We do understand this particular issue and those of us with a level of ethics do what we can to prevent this. We cannot be held responsible for the actions of those players who use NT characters solely for the purpose of farming ingots (and who are generally no more NT than the players who start a doc who is a lousy healer or a crat who runs XP buff then sits afk simply because they're highly likely to get teams).

Please believe us when we say that no matter what you might feel about the issue, its been heard... many times. Unfortunately for everyone, the people who do care about how you feel aren't the ones your post needs to be targetted at. And frequently, those people don't even read the NT forum because they don't think of themselves as an NT.

2. Please don't come into the NT community and ask us the best way to build your ingot farming NT alt. For one, there is an enormous amount of information compiled in the rooted threads available to everyone. If you had taken the time to read it, you'd know everything you need to know. And more importantly... you're exactly the reason that we are being treated like dirt by the people who are being spoken to in point 1.

It is guaranteed to lead to threads full of flaming and sarcasm and we have a tough enough time being positive about the evolution of our profession without people insulting us like this. Trolls really aren't welcome here... and we have some of our own that we've cultivated over the years that handle the job well enough.

3. Remember... we are not responsible for the way your profession or ours is designed. If we post about something we like or dislike... about game mechanics or balance... in the NT forum, it is a request for more information from our own community. Maybe we're asking our professionals and the community service folks to raise these points with the devs... maybe we're just looking for sympathy... or letting other NTs know about some aspect of the game as it applies to us.

When you, as a non-NT, come here to post... you may have a great perspective on something that we didn't think about. But no matter how insightful it is... the way you present it is always going to determine how we react to you. As a community, NT's tend to be fact oriented. We like formulae and numbers, statistics and logic. You want us to take you at face value or consider you seriously, you need to approach us with detail... and back it up with more facts and clear discussion. Throwing around poor logic, misinformed or inaccurate examples, and leet speak is almost guaranteed to get your name on the list of people we never take seriously.

Telling us that something is right or wrong based on your opinion of how things should be done... I mean come on... why would you do that? Even if it IS wrong... and something DOES need to be done... why would you bring it to the NT forum and throw it in our faces? If its really that important, take it to FC.

4. Above all else... please respect the players who have taken time to post informational threads by not posting your insults and trolling remarks in those threads. In some instances, our Professionals and moderators have protected the threads by closing them until the time comes to add new info... but in the instance that they are not, resist the urge please. If you absolutely must post something that relates to those threads but is likely to lead to rounds of insults and thread closings... start your own thread so the information isn't bogged down with stupidity. It's bad enough we get that every time we turn on a TV.

This may seem simple or 'care-bear'-ish... and it is. But if you actually knew how much time we as a community have wasted on dealing with this sort of nonsense, you'd understand a lot better about why I've asked this. We're tired of it... of repeating the same arguments over and over or having to ignore them every time they crop up again... a constant assault against our enjoyment of the game. What I ask... is that you think before posting something that violates one of these. It will make us all a lot happier.

Thanks.. and please feel free to discuss the request.

reaction to certain parties discussing shade vs. NT pvp perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Meditation
    Actually, no... my typical response to pvp arguments is to comment and if that isn't enough, to walk away from them. I've never, in years of gaming (MMOs and MUDs), seen a discussion about PvP that managed to remain unbiased... and I doubt I'm going to be surprised by one any time soon.

lol I guess I was biased against myself in our previous discussion (since I play both professions heavily )

The worst is when we or visitors clutter up sticky threads.

You can learn a lot about the game by just reading the stickied material in each profession's forum.
    I will feel cheated until the NT's root, calm, and blind nano lines are extended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaesic
    I've grown more and more frustrated by the attitude of the non-NT player base towards us.
    It cant possibly be more frustrated than the NT profession is with how the profession is being neglected.

Oops, I guess this makes me guilty of item #4.
    If a plethora of members of the player community continuously complain about a bug that affects every (casting) class, then why is the player community not being asked how to recreate the problem so that it can be fixed? Why is the problem just being blatantly, consistantly ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by frostblast
    in short, the nt situation is a mix of a monthy pytom movie with a snuff film.

Well said. Jaesic.

It hurts to see all the old NT veteran threads being replaced by kiting alts requests and those that whine over it.

On the other hand I guess it's just proper representation of what's left of a profession being ignored for over a year.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

This should be rooted... And all replies deletd.
    This is one of the best "read before writing" examples I've seen to date, and it's very well put. Just a shame that someone had to taker personal offense and post their sarcasm as the very first reply, slightly ruining the underlining seriousnes of it, while also ignoring what the post was about.

This is something everyone who visits the forums should read before doing anything, so please... Root it, and delete all replies as they are unecessery!

- Eshia
    Now is the discount of our winter tents.

//This is one of the best "read before writing" examples I've seen to date, and it's very well put. Just a shame that someone had to taker personal offense and post their sarcasm as the very first reply, slightly ruining the underlining seriousnes of it, while also ignoring what the post was about.

heh from another perspective, jaesic piped right up afterward and confirmed my guess was correct.

//This is one of the best "read before writing" examples I've seen to date, and it's very well put. Just a shame that someone had to taker personal offense and post their sarcasm as the very first reply, slightly ruining the underlining seriousnes of it, while also ignoring what the post was about.

heh from another perspective, jaesic piped right up afterward and confirmed my guess was correct.
    Actually, from the only perspective that knows for certain... it was prompted by an individual posting about how kiting is cheap and an exploit in the kiting DOs and DON'Ts rooted thread. And the offer made to pay an NT to kite-level their toon. And the baby NT needing help... and the nublar kiter... etc...etc. But mainly the first one there...

However, if the shoe fits...
    Last edited by Jaesic; Sep 18th, 2004 at 23:10:06.

bump for this great post

May I add my own pet peeve? If you read that and still feel that you must post here, please learn to use the gd quote tag! So annoying to waste my time skimming over the same text I've already read 10 times because someone thinks it's cute to italicize or use their own little personal quote style.. I'm >< this close to putting a few people on forum ignore over this.

Grr. :P
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

/me thinks this is a:

- Eshia
    Now is the discount of our winter tents.

Quote Originally Posted by Triskweline
    If you read that and still feel that you must post here, please learn to use the gd quote tag! So annoying to waste my time skimming over the same text I've already read 10 times because someone thinks it's cute to italicize or use their own little personal quote style
    Phear! And please, while doing so don't quote the entire post ;P just the part of it you want to adress... Oh nice post of 5000 words, I'll quote it all and write "I agree" at the bottom...

Oh, and nice post btw ;p put the fear of the Cyberdeck into the hearts of countless wanna-be kite-griefers and stupid ignoramuses... >< inconsiderate and thoughtless noobs. <3 wonderful intelligent noobs, wtb more.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

back to the top baby !
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

hmm, do you feel respected if i call you a battery?

ANi
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Jaesic i can only bow down to youre attitude wish there was more ppl like you even i might be nice for a change then.

This is for you Jaesic!

I've found on my NT that ive been playing alot lately, mainly from a change up from the agent. That alot of people go out of their way to get infront of an NT kiting (im not talking about jsut on heck's which i detest). As i was saying theyll jump infront even when you go out of the way to avoid them by taking mob dmg and yet they flame you in tells for being inconsiderate it reminds me alot of the children that would on purposely get themselves hrut and go run to the teacher crying. Yes some may RP that way but plain and simple those that care about how others feel are the ones who die on their pull trying to save you from craziness.

^^bump^^
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast