Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This game is dead

Thumbs down This game is dead

quote about future expansion pack announcement:

"With the decision to make an expansion pack came a few shifts in priority. Even though we will of course continue to patch new content into Anarchy Online on a regular basis, it has become a little more difficult to predict when certain features will be made available"

We dont care about an hypothetic expansion pack , we care about AO content , gameplay and world improvement that we are waiting for such a long time, guild house, guild bank , territory capture, more "in world" interactivity, anything that could give us an opportunity to change the boring and repetitiv hunt/miss cycle.

We can understand financial problems that FC have to face BUT if you cut into what could make this game the most interesting MMO ever you can be sure we will not wait til the end of the year to cancel our accounts.
    There are a bunch of new MMO on the horizon. Continue this way and you're dead. The mmorpg online community is perhaps growing more and more but dont forget its a very unpredictable and moving population.
    Once games like SWG , citizen zero , Shadowbane , WoW and so on will come out be sure it will be very difficult for you to sustain the comparison. When that day will come you could find a new job.

i still love to play this game but for how long ?

RIP

Re: This game is dead

Originally posted by dijou
    q

i still love to play this game but for how long ?

RIP
    im guessing until the next MMORPG is released. I personally am here until WoW
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

I will check SWG when it comes out, but till then it's still 6 months. Also I'm not yet SOOOO convinced about it. Ok, graphics look neat, but that full player based economy and all stuff makes me think. And the style of Starwars itself lends to medieval crap, except for spaceships and the stuff. And frankly, medieval is a reason why I didn't touch other MMORPGs except for AO.
    Add new clothes! More sexy stuff! More rubber stuff! ASAP!!! :P

baawwk

This Sucks, I want to be loyal to this game.

I want to like this game.

But the game seems to not want me to be.

Funcom This is your last chance, thing must get better aftert he exspantion!

If not i am gone, i cant speak for everyone but most feel the same way.

im waiting to see what people think of SWG after release, not making the same mistake twice
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Well my 2 cents

We need content for sure. IF not i'll be moving on.

Wink Amen to that

Originally posted by ReelBigFish
    im waiting to see what people think of SWG after release, not making the same mistake twice
    No kidding, yeah I see lots of pretty little screenies but... graphics (as AO taught me) do not make a game. A touch cynical I suppose but still, we'll see.
    "The engineer profession is geared toward the creation of items and weapons. No profession beats engineers at creating robots to do the dirty work for them. An engineer may not be the strongest of all professions but makes a powerful opponent or ally by using gadgets and robot helpers."

Transcript of CHAR_CRE_29 sound in the AO character creation sequence.

"This post brought to you by TECHNOLOGY! Indistinguishable from magic since 1875."

lol just wait for shadowbane, it will r0x

1-2 months left ^^

Talking bout MMORPGs, what about Neocron? Just asking coz it's one of the other few/rare sci-fi MMORPGs (I hate medieval stuff, screw EQ et al)
    Add new clothes! More sexy stuff! More rubber stuff! ASAP!!! :P

Re: Re: This game is dead

Originally posted by Pie314

im guessing until the next MMORPG is released. I personally am here until WoW
    Wow, you're gonna be here for a long time then

They are going to patch more stuff in. At one patch a month, I calculated we will be at 15.4-6 by december. Allot can happen in 6 or so months. They are going to add the stuff in, your going to get your content, but hey funcom needs to pay the bills and expasion packs give revenue, its bussiness, period. You can leave, this game is not going to die, MMORPG besides Fighting legends and Mimesis(games that should be left undiscussed) have died. Ao will live on, Its frankly not that bad. And who knows what happens in 6 months, who know.

P.S. None of the up-coming games will be perfect god-send games, get real.
    Salutusmax- doctor
    Redtaped-crat(dormant)
    Onmi-af-academy
    Rimor(RK2)

I was in Neocron beta

Originally posted by Screwy
    Talking bout MMORPGs, what about Neocron? Just asking coz it's one of the other few/rare sci-fi MMORPGs (I hate medieval stuff, screw EQ et al)
    AO kills it !!
    Trust me .. I quit!! That game has a long way to go.

I'm going to stay with AO, theres so much i like about it. Firstly, the world is amazing, seems much bigger than other MMOs coming out, and it is really well designed. Secondly, I like the game's storyline, much better than SWG will be imo. I hate star wars, and most sci fi films. I think the graphics in ao are great, and will still be ok later. One thing i don't like about ao is that people don't hunt much anymore. I heard something about dyna-camps that will appear out in the world...sounds cool. plus i can wait for all of the extra content, it won't be too long.
    BiggerDave - 93 Omni Soldier
    Fethers - 43 Omni Agent
    Phetherz - 18 Omni Doctor

Unit member of Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations

we REALLY need content.
    I've been here since launch ,and I love the game. but it just got boring....the same old story. I need something to involve myself in! a story!
    So I decided to try out Everquest Gold Edition , while waiting for Shadowlands.
    and I must say....I am not satisfaid with EQ so far.....maybe it'll get better.

Talking there is an envisoned mmorpg

in the warhammer universe.

wether it will be 40k or fantasy means zip to me, warhammer is cult.

moody, morbid, darkly gothic, intellectual and romantic fantasy.

brilliantly written and illustrated in the old pen and paper games.

a rich world with a magnificient history.

tales dealing with the nature of humanity and corruption.

wow.

grab the old books and read them, do it now!

Heh, I always love a good "Get it right or I am off to the next game!" thread. Has any game ever existed that this thread does not cme up at least once a month?
    Flann - Doctor
    Kwoung - Martial Artist
    Acidwash - Fixer (semi-retired)
    Rubi-Ka 2
    The Descendants

Wink

It is a good sign that something is wrong with AO, and if enough people say it we might end up with another board whipe.

Try to find it

I went to my local EB and Best buy. They don't even carry Ao anymore.

Try EBworld.com - nope

Amazon has 4 left in stock - but more on the way.

So at the very least the exp pack will get AO back on the market so to speak.

Unfortunatly it's right when AC2, EQ exp pack, DOac Exp Pack, SWG all come out.

From FC this is a much needed infusion of cash.
    I understand and if things will steadily improve I am willing to pay them and buy
    the expansion.
    It is either pay the FC or see them fold, in that choice I will pay them another $30-40 for exp and 13 times 6 months to wait for it.
    I say $120 is worth it for me to see an independend company survive.

Boycot the superbrands!
    Death to MS(tm)!

Re: I was in Neocron beta

Originally posted by jakespeed

AO kills it !!
    Trust me .. I quit!! That game has a long way to go.
    Wow, what a friggin liar. Neocron isn't out yet, and isn't due to be released for another several months still.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast