Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nanomage Enforcer. Where is the love?

Nanomage Enforcer. Where is the love?

I have a resonably well leveled nanomage enforcer, and as of late I've seen a little bit of antagonism and maybe even hatred for my type of character. Yes, I do have slightly lower hitpoints than the 'ideal' enforcer (Atrox), but when I try to do my job (beat things up) I get yelled at for tanking the second I take my helmet off (freaky nanomage head).

Case in point: I was teaming with an atrox enforcer 3 levels above me; a mob starts attacking us, so I attack in hopes that one of us two enforcers will get aggro and let the rest live. To my surprise I get aggro over a Stygian/CAS/Heavy Tank/Jack's Gloves atrox enf that is 3 levels higher than i am. The mob does not want to aggro anyone else, so I continue tanking. After the mob dies, the atrox and other members of the team basically say leave the job to the real enforcer. I swallow my tongue and keep fighting, only to get aggro again and successfully pwn again and recieve similar remarks from teammates. Ok, with that said I have a resonably well equipped character (Dual ql 142 & 118 ITD/GOT Tank/dual VTE/ql 130 set of mantis/Shades of Luc/ql 120 imps @ lvl 87).

So the hit point difference really shouldnt be that great, right? I should be at least comperable to a soli enforcer at this point as far as HP. I see no reason why I should be the subject of ridicule...If i can do my job and stay alive, i'm not a gimp. Maybe while tanking Ian and friends at level 200 i'll need that extra lot of HP, but for level 87...there are alot of enforcers that are worse off. Now with the release of SL looming, the extra bit of nanoskills are going to be needed i'm sure because of the new nano programs; this is the nanomage's main advantage - using the better nanos earlier and being able to mongo more and layer themselves more because of increased nano pool.

I think I'm running off course with what I'm trying to say, so I'll just say "what do you think about nano enfs?"

See this Recent Thread

And also to some extent this one
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

hp is the main concern the ar differences isnt that great

i steal agg and keep it from trox enfs 10-20 lvls higher than me with pure dmg but their hp is what makes them the ideal tank and is really alot easier on teh doctor to keep em alive

at lower lvls the hp difference arent that big but 80-90+ you start to notice the gap trox hp keeps growing while nanomage hp sort of just stays behind a semi decent enf at lvl100 will have 2k more hp than nanomage self buffed if that helps you any ;p and at lvl200 they have about a 7k hp advantage with the cyborg imps and junk

but anyways nanomage enf is purely for fun and if people keep giving you crap just go lower on teh agg bar i know for a fact at your lvl you cant hit 1/1 at full def ;p and that will help you keep that aggro down :> and yes i know its fun to take agg from the other enfs and say whos gimp now ^^
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

The first one there kinda diverges into a weapons discussion and the other is about how to play a nano enf. I'm pretty solid on both of those subjects. I guess I should have made my question a little clearer. What I was hoping to hear is stuff like responses from other nanomage enforcers on dealing with adversity (trox vs. gimp). Or if given the choice, would you team with a well equipped nano enf or run of the mill trox enf if given the choice?...stuff like that. Just wondering what people think when they about think nano enf. This is probably going to end up being a thread on EQB vs. ITD or something anyways, so post away - or dont, hehe.

I lub all j00 enfo's^^
    Alfamale 220 Omni soldier
    Discipline, personal armor and big guns.
    Tranquility

Autumn 2005: [Marxgorm]: Omni will never, ever hold a 250+ LCA for more than 7 days, ever again.

Point proven, chop, chop, horse feet.

Re: Nanomage Enforcer. Where is the love?

Originally posted by Makion
    I think I'm running off course with what I'm trying to say, so I'll just say "what do you think about nano enfs?"
    Nano enfos are also enfos. It's a play-style. I know (or at least knew) some nanoenfos, and I know they do (did?) ok.

If you know what you're doing, you'll do fine! But if you don't know what you're doing, you might be screwed. But that involves all kinds of profession/breed choices.

I wouldn't have any problems inviting one to my team, if that's what you're asking! You got my respect

* sob * the internet ate my reply (read essay...).

But basically what I was trying to say was something like, be what you are, just smash/slash away, be happy, ignore the gimp calling and make a bad habit out of always saving the doc. And HP isn't everything either, ask any random doc if she would rather take a nanoenforcer who can take and keep aggro or an atrox who just hit Q and goes afk, most would like to have the nanogimp as a tank... (just an example, I'm not saying all nanomage enforcer know what they are doing and atrox doesn't )

And regarding tanking on higher levels... I have tanked just about anything out there except Ian, Lamb and general Nirtox and I believe I have done a fairly good job anyway =)

* mip * mip *
    Asynja, General of Ragnarok, the original level 200 and level 220 nanomage enforcer | Equip

Re: Nanomage Enforcer. Where is the love?

Originally posted by Makion
    Ok, with that said I have a resonably well equipped character (Dual ql 142 & 118 ITD/GOT Tank/dual VTE/ql 130 set of mantis/Shades of Luc/ql 120 imps @ lvl 87).

So the hit point difference really shouldnt be that great, right? I should be at least comperable to a soli enforcer at this point as far as HP.
    The equipment you list will only give you 287 extra HP.

Your basic unimplanted and buffed HP will be 1556 HP.

A Soli would have 2071 so no, your equipment doesnt make up the difference (but the difference at your level is trivial) an Atrox would have more but not hugely at your level.

But who cares, just play the game *you* want to.

When I'm playing my doc I would rather (except in extreme circumstances) have a nano enforcer who can keep aggro than an Atrox who can't. If you can get aggro when needed and know when to take it and when to leave it you'll be an asset to a team regardless of your HP.

I think you might suffer in the high end game compared to a trox, but for the moment you should be doing fine.

If you can cast a higher mongo (and mebbe layers) than a trox of the same level, that will more than make up for the hp loss - and you probably will be able to given the kit you're lugging about.

I've teamed with a nano enforcer when we were both 60ish, and she certainly did the business. Your edge in nano will slowly be eroded as things cap and the trox catch up, but hell, diversity is a good thing and it's good to see some nanomage enfs out there.
    Ryons - Swordsman, gentleman and proud member of First Light
    Felton - Beware the leet that goes 'Pfft'.

OK, plain and simple, a nanomage enforcer will have less HP than even a solitus/opifex, at little to no measurable gain. Nanopool isn't a huge advantage when tanking something.

The only time a nanomage enforcer would *really* use that extra nanopool would be in pvp. But, with shadowlands coming up and some changes that have been mentioned by FC, I'd really think twice before making a nano enf just for pvp.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

It all boils down to you. If you are have fun with your toon than keep going, but if you are all worried about what everyone else thinks then make a new enforcer.

Personal I would keep going, nothing wrong with getting away from the cookie cutter image.

It is the same way with us Fixers. I had a group once that would not let me team with them just because I was not useing a Manex. I was useing a MPS at level 50 because I still did not have blitzing down. So I went somewhere else and got another group that was happy to have me and my MPS with them.

its more of a "do u know how to play" thing, if u are good w/ a enfo u can do very well as nanomage, but if u arent good u better not try it

I'm an opifex enforcer, I've noticed that i draw aggro off of atroxes aswell, this kind of pisses them off because they view opi/nanomage enforcers as "lesser" enforcers or "jokes". The fact of the matter is a sturdy profession like the enforcer profession is great for any breed. While some people label a nanomage enforcer as "just for fun" i've seen some take down Atrox enforcers in the arena and tank high level bossmobs with nanocasting-acrobatics. The Enforcer profession is more based arround how good you are with that profession rather then how good your breed is with that profession. Dont let them give you any crap ^_^.

Wow, this thread is hot! Thanks all for posting, I think I'll go back to playing my gimp-enf now.

The HP difference erodes at high levels, too(percentage-wise). 8K is a big difference compared to, say, 6K. Currently, I can get 14K HP on Neal with both doc buffs running. I've heard Atroxes mention anywhere between 15.5-17K. Now, let's continue the trend to SL.........25K HP for Atrox compared to 22K for my Opi is even less of a difference percentage-wise. I dunno what a Nano's HP would be with the same equipment, but it shouldn't be too far off Neal's.

And no, I'm not in SL Beta........the 25K HP was mentioned in a HoC chat somewhere. I'm just interpolating it

OH, and don't forget to add another +850 HP/nanopool if I was Sided and had 1K board. So Neal would have 14850 HP, and right at 5K nanopool.

Nano Enf's are VERY viable, imho........don't be afraid to start one. I had the pleasure to team with Asynja several times as we were leveling up, and she always did a great job *hugs*

And Doul ain't no small potatoes either.......I usually make him pull/tank in missions hehe; though lately, I get aggro/tank just because I'm using CC and Doul still has True Katana. Think next time I make him tank, we'll switch weapons too

*edit* Neal's setup atm for 14K HP. This also includes +350HP from EQB, and +289ish HP from ql75 Life tower.
    Last edited by Nealandbob; Jul 30th, 2003 at 11:01:00.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Going by the max base health amounts given by Rustot's skill emulator, a level 200 Nanomage Enforcer would have 740 less health than a same level Opifex. This is only a guess as the emulator has Atrox body dev & Nanomage nano pool effects wrong, but assuming 1 extra nano point/nano pool for Nanomage, a Nanomage would have 1100 more nano.

And Doul ain't no small potatoes either.......I usually make him pull/tank in missions hehe; though lately, I get aggro/tank just because I'm using CC and Doul still has True Katana. Think next time I make him tank, we'll switch weapons too
    We'll have to see how things are after you get around to your QL200 implants(unless you've already done that), too.

Oh, and your test character links are broken now after Cozy moved the site.

* hugs * Neal

You are right about not being to far off your HP as I can get 14k HP with both doc buffs as well. That is when using EQB , a ql 39 life tower and this setup.
    Asynja, General of Ragnarok, the original level 200 and level 220 nanomage enforcer | Equip

You stole agro off an ATROX?!? My gawd, your making me jealous It always helps to get those nanos earlier of course, so you can get on better weaponry and such. I don't care what your teammates think, you can be uber all you want. Who cares what breed you are, if you can do the job well than just do it.
    This sig has been erased, got 3 PMs while I was unsuscribed cause it was too long

LOL, wow, I got mentioned. I was the enf he was talking about. I personally believe its an extreme challenge to run a nano enf and i respect you for it like I said in the team, but the straight fact is that Atrox are made to have more HP, I'm not trying to be condescending on your char but its just how it is, which makes it harder for you to tank since you dont have as much HP. My MAIN problem is that I'm still using styg, which means its very easy for me to lose aggro, even when i cast aggro nanos and mongo. I'm not saying you make a bad tank at all, im simply saying that Nanomages are predisposed to be less able to tank than atrox. But then again, Atrox are less able in the nano department, which is the advantage of having a nano enf.

Long story short

Atrox enf=High HP, Blue nanoskills

Nano enf=Lower HP, Green nanoskills

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast