Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: windy response to the updated wishlist

I've reorganized the post about fixers in pvm teams a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    + 40 dmg proc
    + 60 dmg proc

Because we can cycle our procs, I usually have 4 HoTs and 2 damage procs running in my ncu when I'm doing some solo pvm content - not always of course since it's luck dependant to trigger them. In raids I use damage procs always instead of HoT procs - now that I think of it, I use damage procs more often than HoT procs. The damage proc in Special Edition Ofab Fixer Helmet is joke, it triggers so rarely that you won't even notice it affecting your pvm damage and good luck getting it to trigger in short pvp fights.
    I actually forgot them completely in every post so far Added them in now in the list of the fixer toolset and fixer team toolset. When I reorganize the post about soloing I'll add in there as well. Personally I never tried to run them all four when soloing, either I don't need the hots and I run the dmg procs, or I need the hots in which case I constantly run them so I can rely on them being there.

Quote Originally Posted by streppelchen
    it's kinda senseless to explain everything here in this thread as it is never ever going to be read by some funcom dude......
    Everything has at one point been explained already, but in a thousand separate threads and posts. I'dd like to try and get everyting together in a series of coherent arguments to point out that tl7 fixers do infact need to be looked at. And I'dd rather do that in a boring thread with a weird name so the discussion stays under the radar of the usual suspects for as long as possible, so far so good I must say
    Once it gets finished it can still be thrown before the lions and hopefully brought under the attention of a dev, but then with a more appropiate title

For the PVM thing well NT's can solo eventit LOTV well good nts that is and engys well they do alot more damege with dhsark ro the new DB pistols then fixers and pets are great tanks for sow fixer falls way behind nt and prety close to engy in pvm.

I also got 1 question when is fc gona give fixer some real damege we got crappy perks that only do 1k damege in pvp a hp agent we can never kill or a engy.
    And ower bigest problem is soldiers a 220 soldier well equiped well he can go afk in ams and we wont kill it but we will dye from reflect, and when ams dawn he has 60% reflect and 20k hp and with all -crit items we cant always land a decent as on a soldier sow stil with ams danw it is imposeble to even get 50% hp aut of a soldier i can only hurt the really gimp oanes...

for me it was quiet impossible to land a nice as on an agents since last patch(thanks to their new nano,why the hell do they get critincrease and critdecrese on a single nano.....funcom sucks,you know,we got the ncu buff...)

Last edited by Josephina; Jul 21st, 2008 at 11:53:28. Reason: moved the "guide"

Ideally I would now modify the colors a bit to make it easier to read and throw in some cross-linking as well, but imo I've already spent enough time on this so i'm going to limit myself to the essence.

Does it get the point across?
    What can be done to make it clearer?
    Any errors left?
    Any sharp edges and puns I forgot to delete?

I'dd like to make a separate thread for this sometime next week and pm Silirrion a link, and also ask for some feedback to fixers from him.

"In mode 1 you can go to Youtube."

Or read this post :P

It gets the point across well. I think some bits are slightly redundant, but for clarity and accuracy those few parts are "working as intended". It's pretty spot on.

On a side note, I've been soloing inferno missions all day... I think my SWSIX disappeared about 4 hours ago. I haven't really noticed any difference... if that means anything to you.
    Last edited by bugsplat; Jul 18th, 2008 at 22:20:34.
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsplat View Post
    On a side note, I've been soloing inferno missions all day... I think my SWSIX disappeared about 4 hours ago. I haven't really noticed any difference... if that means anything to you.
    experienced the same....sometimes it deos seem that aad has no effect at all...

so,the sum of this does make fixer a unique prof but not a prof anyone really wants to play because of the toolset
    again i'd like to thank you for writing all of this but again i doubt that anyone of funcom ever is going to read this and if he is he won't react on this and this is what really makes me sad
    i want to play this game but i'm a pvp player and every time i logon and wanna do pvp i might do 2 rounds on bs/some towers but then again i hate to be a fixer,we are ments to be an evade prof,still we are getting hit very hard and very often

we are ment to have hots that heal us and save our ass in the situations when we are about to die,they don't do any of this,i might has happened 3 times that the hot really saved my ass.
    it's not quiet infrequently that you meet 2 other players on the bs(other side ofc) so you are about to be dead. only if they don't have their specials ready you have a chance,yay

if you meet a single profession you have your really UNRELIABLE alpha that might kill the person
    but most of the time it just misses or does extreme low dmg so you have to run again

to sum up:
    fixers suck @ pvp,they have no cool alpha like nts have with eleminating 90% of the others hp with the press of a single button
    they don't have a reliable alpha
    they don't have enough healing to survive a 2v1 situation
    they don't have good enough buffs that makes it even worth to waste ncu for them
    they can be replaced with any other profession,every single one will be more useful
    engi->specabsorb
    shade->dmg
    doc->heal
    solja->rrfe
    ma->mop,dmg,heal
    advi->morphs,heal,evades,bio cO
    trader->drains=buffs
    mps->cmo anyone to cast the shiny new nanos with ****ing high requirements?
    nt->alpha,humidity,aura,ncr
    keeper->healaura,survive pretty much,do dmg
    enfo->dmg,have high hp so stand long
    crat->stun,arearoot
    agent->tts,as,+heal help for the docs

you see what?
    i do,they all are better in some way
    i see that fixers are hybrid but give us a way to customize our way to play our char,survivability,damaga,let us decide which way we want to go,not a bit of everything but nothing that is worth talking about

DAMNED this post got long xD

Thanks for reading it all.
    It got too long imo, but there's not much that I can throw away without decreasing the scope of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsplat View Post
    That's why I'm comparing fixer performance to other profs' performance and not to pvm content. If SK missions and AI raids were the benchmark then all profs should be seriously nerfed at endgame.

You can also wear the berserker implant so you need SWS again if it makes you feel any better, and run the damage procs instead of hot procs. And if that is still not enough then do them on full agg

Sorry, a broken pile formerly known as fixer is not very stylish so I'm going to just keep my bar on full def if that's ok >.>
    Last edited by bugsplat; Jul 19th, 2008 at 18:14:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephina View Post
    Why do I think fixers are not cutting it in team pvm
    Pvm tanking
    - Best evades
    + low hp
    I'd like to know what amount you consider low hp in team pvm tanking? I've had max 21k HP (rare occasions) on my fixer when tanking in teams and thought that was pretty high hp amount and with few more items that I can think of, my HP would have been even higher.

21k doesn't seem hard with all the stupid new items and buffs they put ingame.

I think the norm for a tl7 setup is around 10k hp, 7k ACs, 2kish evades...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12