Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windy response to the updated wishlist

windy response to the updated wishlist

While the wishlist has some good ideas for FC to pick from, I don't expect it to help fixers in any way. I'm convinced by now that the AO developers are not in "touch" with all professions, so simply presenting possible ideas won't do any good. The developers don't know which professions are actually in "need" and they don't know what shape their love should take for those needy professions (too much absolutely useless and game-breaking -for me- stuff has been released in the last year already, there were only very few balanced useful new additions).

Determining the needy
    There are three possible ways for FC to know which professions are more in need of help as others: statistics of character progression, objective comparisons of the professions performance and subjective impressions from playing with/along them. Statistics for comparing the average progression of different professions against each other is most likely not used (auno.org: Trader >= 201: 3.28% of total 201+ population says it all imo). I highly doubt FC has a written down performance of each profession in damage/healing/mitigation/... Which leaves the subjective impressions the devs get when playing the game and thus we end up with "lovechilds".

So in the end it's up to us players to try and prove to FC that the performance of our wonderful profession leaves to be desired. Which again can be done in a few ways: drama (can work wonders sometimes, but I'dd say it's not working for fixers just yet), voting with our feet (insufficient statistics on player behaviour means FC can't know where they're loosing players either, so this doesn't work) or trying it with objective reasoning. Other fixers have the drama part well covered so I think it's time we tried to demonstrate it with some reasoning as well.

I plan on writing down a breakdown of the fixer profession and its toolset and I'll post it here shortly, input or other attempts are appreciated as well.

ps: @Aratink, would it be possible to put in a link to the latest wishlist discussion into the wishlist? So FC can see some different viewpoints and some of the other ideas that didn't make it into the wishlist?
    pps: My apologies for my odd/boring writing style btw, I just can't help it

What are fixers: the toolset
    What role fixers fill has changed over the years and also varies somewhat from person to person. Therefor I'm simply going to list the various parts of the tl7 fixer toolset (whatever gaps I leave is stuff that is the same for all profs - or I simply overlooked it). I'm also going to state how I rank that part of the toolset in relation to the other professions.

Fixer support toolset
    Fixer specific healing: heal over time
    - long hot 2904hpm
    - short hot 2880hpm (and 5400hpm for the lucky few)
    => 5712hpm (or 8304hpm for the lucky few again).

Fixer non-healing support toolset:
    - runspeed buff (+800 or +720/+680)
    - RK only evade buff (+79)
    - ncu buff (+500)
    - Damage buff (+40)
    - Evade debuff (-170 or -250)
    - Evade debuff proc (-170)
    - RK single target Roots
    - RK area and single target snares
    - SL single target snares
    - RK only evac nanos and fgrid
    - tempory item creation nanos
    - random buffs for sneak attack, perception, breaking and entering and the indispensable trap disarming.

Support toolset in perks
    - NCU booster (+70)
    - Spatial Displacement: root+snare removal perks on target + tempory immunity

Fixer self only toolset
    Defining perk lines
    - Careful in Battle (or defensive stance ...)
    - Acrobat
    - SMG mastery
    - Dark kin
    - Spatial Displacement

Defining skills
    - Good (cheap) evades, runspeed, smg, tradeskills, perception and concealment, treatment and firstaid
    - Decent burst, full auto, fling various ranged weapon skills
    - Bad other skills, including all nano skills and body development -> low hp

- Hot procs: 2196 hpm + 2535 hpm

Typical weapons
    - 1/3 damage template above 1k attackrating
    - Pvm: hawk mk6, hawk mk5+kmp, kmp+big burger/socom
    - Pvp: hawk mk 5 + onehander, rarely hawk mk6+XXX hotswap
    - 2 damage procs: +40 and +60 to all damage types

Defining items
    - NCU hacker interface
    - SWS 11 and lower
    - artillery+support symbiants
    - pvm: dustbrigade armor + ofab
    - pvp: mostly combined sharpshooters
    Last edited by Josephina; Jul 12th, 2008 at 14:51:27.

Why do I think fixers are not cutting it in team pvm
    Teams are made up out of 6 players chosen out of 14 profs. It's the 13 others that fixers are competing against for a spot in the team (under the hypothesis that there are enough people on lft and people don't just have to pick whatever is available). So ideally I would have to do a systematic comparison of fixers in comparison to each other prof, but since this is simply too much work I'll just have to trust my and others their subjective experience here.

Due to changes in the game a lot of the fixer toolset has gotten a lot less useful. Other things simply don't work because of game mechanics (evade debuffs don't work against mobs with only aad,...). For others there are simply better alternatives available. If I only keep the things that work everywhere, that long list in the second post is reduced to the short list below. The things listed below are what defines present day fixers role in teams:

The core team toolset of fixers:
    Fixer support toolset
    - 5712 hpm from 2 hots

Fixer non-healing support toolset:
    - runspeed buff (+800 or +720/+680)
    - ncu buff (+500)

Pvm damage dealing
    - Smg mastery in combination with hawk mk5+kmp5 or kmp5+socom
    - 2 damage procs: +40 and +60 to all damage types

Pvm tanking
    - Best evades
    + low hp

The sum of parts
    Fixer specific healing: heal over time => 8th best heal other profession if I'm not mistaken.

Fixer non-healing support toolset: => I rank this toolset as the 9th to 11th most desirable.
    - Runspeed: 2 other profs can reach the runspeed softcap selfbuffed, some others are close, runspeed buffs still have their uses today, but not like it used too (+720 when you have 800 means a lot more than +800 when you have 1900).
    - NCU: Noone needs ncu buffs much, certainly not when SL nanos made the need for ncu less and every prof can get plenty of ncu on their own with +128ncu memories. It is now possible for players from other professions to get sufficient ncu without fixer buffs. Players build their setups without calcing in the ncu buff, when they do team a fixer the ncu buff is now mostly redundant.

Overall I'dd rank fixers as the 10th most desirable support profession:
    => therefore I do NOT consider fixers to be a support profession.

Pvm damage dealing => Because fixers have no support nanos to cast in combat they can fully concentrate on dealing damage, but this does not mean they are great damage dealers. This depends on a lot of factors, but in most situations fixers are about 9th if I recall everything correctly, ranged damage and not reliant on pets which has its benefits, I'dd say about 3/7 from the ranged profs.
    => I do NOT consider fixers to be a damage dealing profession.

Pvm tanking => Fixers combine having the best evades of all profs with very low hp and no other means of damage mitigation.
    - Damage mitigation: Because of the frisky nature of evades it usually comes down to this: old/easy content can be easily tanked, but any harder (new) stuff is out of the question because of the lower hp: fixers are "support"-tanks rather than main tanks.
    - agro management: Fixers have no specific taunt toolset and only do mediocre damage, depending on the team it can be hard to impossible to maintain agro. With burst agro on an add can be quickly grabbed.
    => Unsure where to rank them, but anyways: NOT a tank.

The summary
    Tl7 fixers are not support, no damage dealer and no tank. So fixers are a hybrid. Being a hybrid doesn't necessarily mean the profession is not desirable, but since fixers don't excel anywhere and are outclassed by a lot of the other profs in more than 1 of the categories (often all, see Cours post below for an example), and a team only has 6 spots: fixers are a last minute fillers and nothing more (except for first DB instance).

So in the end it's up to us players to try and prove to FC that the performance of our wonderful profession leaves to be desired. It's time we tried to demonstrate it with some reasoning as well.
    This was my attempt (does it convince anyone? ) at trying to show that fixers are not really desirable for team pvm. If the same can be done for pvm solo and pvp solo+team there is a slight chance (probably futile hope) that FC gets convinced to do something extra, although I have the feeling I'm just wasting my time
    Last edited by Josephina; Jul 12th, 2008 at 15:46:29.

thanks,i think i'll post about solo pvm and/or pvp situation later,watchign football now....GERMANY!!!

Not sure if I agree all of that. However what caught my eye and convinced that there's something wrong with fixer skills is the fact that we have quite cheap tradeskills.
    If a 220 fixer raises essential nanoskills to cast necessary nanos and maxes full auto to use (our) spesific weapon, he/she will not have much ip to spend to tradeskills.
    Sounds like a flaw in fixer ip design.

If you disagree with something then say with what and motivate why. This is more a thinking exercise than anything else at the moment

As for ip design. The ip-system was originally designed for levels 1 to 200, after tl5 fixers started getting spare ip and it was possible to raise tradeskills (but still not desirable imo, traders+engies were still better tradeskillers and AS+shotgun etc are a lot more tempting ). The SL ip system didn't change anything about the cost design and was the same for everyone: it was not designed with individual professions in mind. The reason fixers got shafted here is because of the 5 dark blue nanoskills that need to be raised, combined with hefty requirements on nanoprograms.

As for dark blue full auto, if I'm not mistaken fixer full auto is the second cheapest to raise, after soldiers for whom it also is dark blue. In a roleplaying sense, firing a full auto seems a very difficult thing to do

The lack of design when it comes to ip is not the point of my post however (while I do think it's an issue). It is possible to raise all combat skills needed for pvm and pvp, just requires some more thought than for some of the other profs. So this doesn't hinder fixer performance and it's not the reason fixers are lacking.

Why do I think fixers are not cutting it in SOLO pvm?
    In solo pvm there's no direct competition between professions for a spot on a team, but there are huge differences in performance so certain professions are more suited for soloing then others. Most of the endgame soloing in AO is done against easy grey mobs, but what I'dd like to try and establish is that fixers are infact a bad choice if you want to roll an endgame soloing profession (to solo any of the larger challenges).

Disclaimer: Due to changes in the game several parts of the fixer toolset have gotten a lot less useful. Some simply don't work because of game mechanics (evade debuffs don't work against mobs with only aad,...). If I only keep the things that work, that long list in the second post is reduced to the short list below. The things listed below are what defines how tl7 fixers solo:

The toolset of the soloing fixer:
    Fixer survival traits
    - 10443 hpm in the form of 4 hots

Fixer non-healing survival tools
    - best evades
    - capped runspeed
    - Evacs both in SL and RK
    [- RK snares and roots]
    [- SL snares]
    + low hp

Pvm damage dealing
    - +40 dmg buff
    [- 2 damage procs: +100 damage]

How does it hold up?
    - Hots: ~10k hpm means fixers do not have the best of healing. Only having hots also means fixers do not have tools to deal with burst damage.
    - Low hp: this burst damage does not need to be very high before it kills the fixer.
    - Evades: Evades have 3 different modes: 1) they work too good and you nearly don't get hit at all; 2) the mob does both hits and misses; 3) the evades don't work at all. This is entirely dependant on mob design. In case 3 you're toast and you have to kite. Mob damage also increases lineary (i think it's lineary atleast) with AR, which means that the more chance that the mobs has to hit you, the harder the hits will be as well. In case 2 there will be strings of hits and you will have to be ready to start kiting at any time. In case 1 you can go to youtube. Kiting is however not a profession specific trait since all that's needed is ranged damage.

- Damage: still not that high. Fixers gain a bit of ground because they don't rely on AS/SA or backstab. On the other they loose out a bit because they can't benefit from add dmg from a team. Damage procs only used against easy mobs.

- RK snares and roots: they don't land on any of the challenging mobs so can pretty much be dismissed: if you can snare it you might just as well go stand toe-to-toe with and kill it that way.
    - SL snares can help with some SL dynas that don't have capped range + aren't too high in level (75% chance to land a crappy snare), but I don't think there's many of those left that fit this description and that can't be killed toe-to-toe yet.
    - Evacs: The only things that sets fixers apart from everyone else is the ability to evac when needed, which allows fixers to "reset" the fight (mob has full hp again by the time the fixer gets back) without losing outside buffs in case of an emergency. I don't consider this very useful.

All in all I would say there's 7 other professions that have both better soloing survivability and damage (my opinion is mostly based on how I think everyone fairs against SL dynas and AI bosses, it's not an exact science just yet). Fixers do have an advantage in some instances over some of these because of being ranged: kiting.
    3 other professions that have better survivability but somewhat lower damage.
    And I don't know how the upgraded NTs+traders hold up now in terms of survivability+damage, nor do I have a clue on how engineers survivabilty compares.

The summary
    If you're looking for a soloing profession, then look elsewhere. Together with fixers being not very desirable to teams, fixers are also bad soloers. At tl7 fixers simply have very few merits left in pvm.

ps: I'm still looking for input and constructive criticism
    Last edited by Josephina; Jul 12th, 2008 at 21:12:45.

i get teams all the time..maybe cause i am funny though ;>

it's nopt about if you get a team,its about if you are needed in team or not and fixers are not,there are 10 other profs doing more dmg,3 healing better then you,3 that override your buffs,the only thing fixers can buff what others expet agents cant is ncu,for everything else others got better stuff (solja dmg anyone?), not to talk about the sense of buffs(who needs a funny 500 heal per 10 secs?) while others can kick your skills throgh the roof.

we have to sacrifice our hp for pvm to be good in pvp,others just equipp another weapon that is easy equippable for them(not to mention that fixers still need a ****load of stuff to equipp the hawk(or a fullset of css what NOT everyone has))

it is just not fair that other profs are treated better then others.
    where is balance there?

Nice thread so far, Josephina. I think a post like this has much more of a chance do achieve anything than those brainstorming threads where everyone just seems to come up with crazy new ideas for Nanos that FC even if they wanted could never implement...

A support toolset comparison that really bothers me is Fixer vs. Soldier just to give an example:

Soldier: Defined as being Tank+DD class, often the key element of a successful group

Fixer: I think is best described as half DD+ half Support, more of a filler or let's say "6th man", you invite a Fixer when the core of the team already stands

Soldier Support Toolset:
    - 25-30% Reflects meaning damage done to all team members is greatly reduced
    - damage aura usually 99 or 107 +damage (overwrites highest Fixer Damage buff starting with Heighten Fight, a level req 100 Nano) = damage done by all teammembers except NT is notably increased
    - Supressive horde Perk is a special that gives a big boost to +damage to all team members (+220 at level 220), it only runs shorty but is on a short recharge, and if you got more than one soldier in team you can cycle the special, meaning it will be up almost all the time = great damage increase for all team members (except NT again :P)
    - Full automatic targeting = minor AR increase for everyone that wants/needs it, not a huge thing but it still will make things slightly easier and might push some teammembers over the limit needed to perk bosses, might also mention that AR/RE/pistol Mastery has the same effect for some other profs, also worth mentioning is Riot Control, for helping classes like pistol docs/advs to reduce burst cycle/ increase burst AR
    - Offensive Steamroller, definately not a very important buff but still I've always seen this wanted by docs.
    - Guardian Perk: Reflect transfer special, that might save a Tank/Doc if things go bad... this perk is especially "supporty" in my eyes ;o

Fixer Support Toolset
    - NCU Buff: More place to store buffs for all teammembers, sure it's nice when buffing for raid/tower pvp encounters, but most people don't calc NCU buff in when deciding on NCU setup, so with NCU buff the usual situation is that everyone but the Fixer / some profs like keeper that have it really rough on NCU will end up with alot of unused free NCU space, and this is no benefit at all.
    - Hots: Yeah I guess they can take a little stress off the healers, and are nice if you have no "real" heal profession available, but fixer is like Josephina pointed out nowhere near the top of healing table, and usually the HoTs don't do anything at all in an "oh sh*t" kind of situation. Generally people don't really seem to care if a Fixer casts long hots/team hot/any hot at all, because it doesn't seem to make much of a difference I guess.
    - Runspeed: Everyone just wants GSF and then runs off with great speed, it's really not a reason to actually team with a fixer. It seems like FC tried to change this with SL RS auras but I can't say they succeeded.
    - Team transportation: I have to point out that this ability can be occasionally very nice, f-gridding+meeping a 17.7 quest team is very nice imo, I felt useful. It's generally a nice and useful ability on RK, in SL tho, where alot of the teaming in AO happens, fixer can't "grid" teammembers, MP/Eng got the team transportation Nanos. Also team evac in BS would probably end up with the Fixer on 5 new ignorelists. ^^
    - Damage buff +40, like mentioned gets overwritten/outperformed by level req 100 soldier nano.

Running out of time to post here, but my point is: Why does Soldier, a prof with better Tank and DD ability than Fixer, also have better support for the team? This just seems to be very wrong to me. (Don't mind any spelling mistakes please :P)
    Last edited by Cour; Jul 11th, 2008 at 23:45:51. Reason: typos and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cour View Post
    Why does Soldier, a prof with better Tank and DD ability than Fixer, also have better support for the team?
    One word was missing

You forgot Riot Control in the soldier list. When I was lower level I always used to ask for RC and OS (so it isn't just docs ) so I could cap burst recharge faster and put in a higher crit scope. Too bad these buffs also lost a lot of their usefullness with all the stat inflation.

Tyvm for your input Cour

Doc short HoTs override ours, and are a bit better. Granted, they have some right to be, but when our class requires those short term HoTs quite a bit more than our longer term ones, it seems a bit wrong. They can CH, end of problem. We have to pray to god something doesn't hit us while we heal... and at the higher end we're gonna get whacked again. Doctors also OD the crap out of us.

So, toolkits aside, doctors can out-heal/out-damage/out-support us.

At levels 200+, NCU and runspeed are fairly redundant. Fixer team-meeps are a convenience, not really a necessity. I recall saving my team a few times, only to be yelled at by the tank and doc. So 2 of the things that made us unique are no longer unique... they've been supplemented by expantions until we're no longer as useful as we once were.

One thing I've always loved about my fixer on RK is AoE snares. Unfortunately we lost support for snares pretty much altogether with SL, save for single, level locked and dependant snares which double as roots. A large chunk of the fixer problem in newer content is just getting hit by too darn many mobs, blowing through our evades and typically lower ACs. That was by far one of the most useful parts of our toolset that got shunted aside.

MPs now get a creation item that make out SWS look like a tinker toy, on top of a damage pet, a mezz pet, AND a heal pet. 33% of damage reflected. I'd trade that +500 NCU nano in for personal reflects in a heartbeat. But then, I guess we'd be even MORE like soldiers, so I don't think I would. I really have nothing more to say about that, because it would all be insults against the design team.

Sorry if this isn't quite the excellently stated, statistically-correct observations found elsewhere in this thread. I've tried to be objective, but this irks me a bit.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by bugsplat; Jul 11th, 2008 at 19:58:04.
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephina View Post
    One word was missing

You forgot Riot Control in the soldier list. When I was lower level I always used to ask for RC and OS (so it isn't just docs ) so I could cap burst recharge faster and put in a higher crit scope. Too bad these buffs also lost a lot of their usefullness with all the stat inflation.

Tyvm for your input Cour
    Thanks for pointing out, fixed a few things in the post and included RC.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsplat View Post
    Doc short HoTs override ours, and are a bit better. Granted, they have some right to be, but when our class requires those short term HoTs quite a bit more than our longer term ones, it seems a bit wrong. They can CH, end of problem. We have to pray to god something doesn't hit us while we heal... and at the higher end we're gonna get whacked again. Doctors also OD the crap out of us.

So, toolkits aside, doctors can out-heal/out-damage/out-support us.
    Can't say I agree with that part of your Post, I'm pretty sure Superior Insurance Hack stacks higher than any Doc HoT, and personally I never encountered a Doc that OD'd the crap out of me. Heard rumours about some mad damage dealing docs tho, just can't back it up with anything I've seen ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephina View Post
    Pvm damage dealing
    - +40 dmg buff
    + 40 dmg proc
    + 60 dmg proc

Because we can cycle our procs, I usually have 4 HoTs and 2 damage procs running in my ncu when I'm doing some solo pvm content - not always of course since it's luck dependant to trigger them. In raids I use damage procs always instead of HoT procs - now that I think of it, I use damage procs more often than HoT procs. The damage proc in Special Edition Ofab Fixer Helmet is joke, it triggers so rarely that you won't even notice it affecting your pvm damage and good luck getting it to trigger in short pvp fights.

Some new way to buff team damage output would be nice to have and it should be in different nano line than soldier's or keeper's damage auras so that our buff doesn't get overwritten always as it most likely will be smaller than soldier's or keeper's buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsplat View Post
    Doc short HoTs override ours, and are a bit better. Granted, they have some right to be, but when our class requires those short term HoTs quite a bit more than our longer term ones, it seems a bit wrong.
    Actually our short team HoT is better than the doc's short HoT so our HoT overwrites doc's HoT but because you need mochams + Trader in same team or huge amount of nanoskill buffing items on, hardly anyone is using Superior Insurance Hack.

There aren't many situations where only HoTs are the only heals teams got - if team has doc, you can forget casting HoTs though people usually ask it anyway and as being nice fixer, you'll buff your team mates. To make HoTs more useful can we get some new outzone areas that constantly damage player and there wouldn't be any protective gear to prevent those dots? It would make people ask fixer hots more often and possibly add the need to have us in the team as well - for example my fixer survives Adonis abyss and Penumbra just fine without protective gear when using HoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zadamm View Post
    Not sure if I agree all of that. However what caught my eye and convinced that there's something wrong with fixer skills is the fact that we have quite cheap tradeskills.
    If a 220 fixer raises essential nanoskills to cast necessary nanos and maxes full auto to use (our) spesific weapon, he/she will not have much ip to spend to tradeskills.
    Sounds like a flaw in fixer ip design.
    With items alone you can buff your tradeskills about 700-900 points and HQ machine adds another 160 and trader buffs 125. However it might take lots of time to acquire all possible items that buff tradeskills. With just little IP investment you can do pretty much all tradeskill items except highest AI armors, arul bracers and Albtraum tradeskills.

Having ability to make most basic stuff yourself is nice thing in our toolset and sometimes it benefits your friends too when they can't find engineer or trader to do the tradeskills but being full time tradeskiller is not the fixer's support role - we were suppose to excel in acquiring items with great speed and hacking items with ease and both of these roles are forgotten these days. We can't blitz LE missions (loot is nodrop), we can't blitz alien ships in city raids and there's no point blitzing SL missions - that leaves only RK missions and GMS shops to our blitzing lists. Well, exceptions might be SL dynas and SL static dungeons for arul gems but usually you don't get anything or the stuff is worthless due to new better items.

Now hacking skill, I don't think there has been any updates to these tradeskill processes since the release of SL. Highest Break&Entry skill requirement is for some turn spirits (about 1600) but no-one uses QL300 turn spirit weapons and second highest requirement is 1400 for hacking nano-charged weapons for perennium weapon tradeskill process. You need some 950 points for cleaning ql200 implant so that's the highest you'll ever need unless you plan to blitz ql275 loot from RK missions which is time consuming if you don't have calmer friend to go with you as ql275 loot is only in chests and you can't open chests if you have mob aggro.
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

Yeah, sorry, you're right. I'm still thinking about Advanced Medical Claim.

And a MA doc and I took on the Fiery Soldier. I might as well not have even been there. Feel pretty useless at 216. Granted, I always get a team if there's one to be had simply because I'm amusing and can open locked doors faster than anyone else, though. Not that those are awesome reasons.

I think what I was trying to get at is that there are classes that outstrip us by so much that we're seen as inconsequential and ignored out of hand. That seems to be what this thread is about. Even without knowing all the numbers or looking at the direct comparisons, you can feel it.
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

Make a zone with crazy phats but make it come with an aura that has -ncu and -RS so we are viable woot.

The biggest contribution a fixer made to a team before the age of the xp-pool,
    was being the insurance very very likely not to wipe and loose all unsaved xp,
    if things went FUBAR.

I never felt as primary damage dealer,
    but were always under the impression to make a solid contribution,
    which the data from occasional damage dumps mirrored.
    Although during the days of the Manex and
    at TL4 this contribution could major at times.

Snares and Roots were a valuable bonus
    to the crowed control of a team,
    that had no mezzers and another insurance against FUBAR situations.

The fixer could act as backup tank if needed and do rather well,
    with some solid healing we could also act as main tank
    if no other alternative was available

Hots were never a primary reason to have a fixer on board
    but they provided a comfortable buffer and
    reduced the drain on the healers nanopool,
    that was not easily replenished by +nanodelta items or 2 second ticks...

NCU was always wanted and at a premium as were the evades from GSF.

Having a B&E specialist in a the team made the run through a mission smoother,
    if no one else had maxed it

Last but not least a fixer in a team provided rather often
    a major reduction in travel times and by that a more comfortable Treadmill-Experience
    Even during the Broken-Shore-Grind,
    no one was generally in the mood to walk all the way back out...

As fixer if I remember correctly, we rarely got the first spot in a team,
    but mostly got the last

The SL content threw the fixer profession in an identity crisis,
    that seems to be still in full bloom today.

I have spend quite a bit of time looking through the
    new content but so far found no real relief.

Actually after teaming with some classes that make full use
    of the by now readily available itemization of SL and AI,
    I would go as far as to say that our crisis got worse.

In my opinion part of the problem balancing us was
    that we never had a defining skill set that used specific tools,
    to address very specific and quantifiable problems, like tank, heal, kill,
    but actually *fixed* team imbalances and situational problems
    by filling in for other classes.

That was our job and identity in a team,
    besides being its driver and insurance agent

Now Keeper, Adventurer and MA can do at least as much,
    technical evolution marginalized the problems of Nano or NCU shortage and
    play field design removed our unique abilities.

GA never was nor is and should never be any kind of answer on this issue.
    The fact that there is a GA V even in the database makes me puke.
    If anything contributed in a major way to the formless shape
    that our Profession was pressed into, then it was this abomination. *scowls*

Would I prefer to be another profession ?
    NEVER
    Style over Substance
    Last edited by Lucrezia; Jul 12th, 2008 at 03:25:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
    Would I prefer to be another profession ?
    that's the point when i decided to cancle instead of playing another profession
    i've got a 213ish nt,209ish solja,i could play them but none of them really fits what i want a profession to be like...fixers....and nowdays even fixers don't fit in this....

it's kinda senseless to explain everything here in this thread as it is never ever going to be read by some funcom dude......

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
    The fact that there is a GA V even in the database makes me puke.
    Grid Armor 5 is in the database because we were slated to receive it with our 4 nano line upgrades. Why didn't we get it? The fixer community stood up and said 'that is insulting and we don't want it', and the message was heard by the right developer(s).

Anger doesn't always get the desired results, but sometimes it does. I am glad that there are developers in this game that are willing to see things from secondary perspectives.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

"Grid Armor 5 ... The fixer community stood up and said 'that is insulting and we don't want it', and the message was heard by the right developer(s). " ...
    Thank for pointing this out Hoops,
    I am a bit relieved now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast